Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
evedein
Mouseketeer

gluten free fried chicken at 50's Prime Time

We'll be leaving for WDW in 3 wks. One of our party is gluten free. I've heard that it takes a long time to get an order of the GF fried chicken at 50's Prime Time & that you should order in advance. Has anyone had experience doing this? If so, how far in advance can we order? Day before? Day of? If so, who should I ask for when I call? Can I call the restaurant directly? What is their number? Or do I make the request through Disney Dining?
Any advice would be appreciated. Also, should we do this at any other restaurants? I've only seen it mentioned in regard to the fried chicken at 50's Prime Time.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
webprinter
DIS Veteran

The first time we did it, we had it noted on our reservation and ordered it when we sat down. They told us it would be a wait (40-60 minutes I think). The second time, they told us just to mention it when we checked in. We mentioned it when we checked in, and were told they were unable to make a note of it. When the server came to our table, we told her we had some gluten free members in our party. She sent the chef out who told us it was too late and that we should have mentioned it when we checked in so that they could clean the fryer. So, I guess, I would recommend insisting on them telling the chef when you check in. Don't let them tell you no. DDIL (the gluten free person) was able to order it when they were there last fall. I think they told them when they checked in, but I think it still took a while to get it.
webprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
evedein
Mouseketeer

GF fried chicken at 50's Prime Time

Have other people had this much trouble getting the GF fried chicken at 50's Prime Time?
Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evedein View Post
Have other people had this much trouble getting the GF fried chicken at 50's Prime Time?
We were there at opening for lunch one rainy day when there were very few people and our server (whom I LOVED) really discouraged it due to the time it takes to make it. My husband is not really a fried chicken person so he was fine with something else. The server really did not want him to order it though.

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

We were told it would be 60 minutes and we insisted that it be made, but my DH let them know it was okay to serve the rest of the table but he was going to wait for his GF Fried chicken.

me DH: DS #1 DS #2
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: