Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #91
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I love BTMRR I love all mk rides better yet I love Disney!!!! OMg I'm freaking out I will be there in a month aggghhhhhh
I agree, all of the MK rides are amazing. YAY for one month. I am jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
YAY NEW FANTASYLAND!!!!I went back in january and it was incredible. I seriously consider the day I saw new fantasyland one of my favorite disney days ever (although that isn't just because of new fantasyland).

I totally can relate to your feeling about buzz lightyear as well. I usually suck beyond belief at that game. The few times I don't suck at that game are very special to me. That is one reason why I was so proud of the one time I was galactic hero! Honestly I can never see my laser in that game so I have no idea what i'm hitting. I guess I just hit the right targets that time!

I never really understood the appeal of those early mornings untill my last trip. It really is wonderful seeing the opening show and walking into the park when all the cast members are outside their shops greeting guests. I'm not sure I could go back to non early hours. Also I'm obsessed with the night hours as well so I have pretty much become one of those no sleep in disney people but that is just fine by me .
It was so exciting to finally see that area in person. I can't wait for the Snow White ride to be finished. Once it's all open it's going to be even better!

haha, I got Galactic Hero on this trip the second time we went to the MK! In all honesty I think my laser was broken and just giving me random points because I didn't do anything different from what I usually do.

Ohhh, I love seeing the CMs outside wearing their Mickey gloves greeting guests. It must be so exciting for them to be able to do that. Why am I not a cast member?! haha, I can't do both morning and evening EMH. I know it's Disney but I also like to sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
I subscribed to this thread the day you linked to it from you planning one, but I've only just caught up.

Terrific view! I honestly like most of the views from BLT -- the theme park view is wonderful, but I'd be equally happy looking toward the Contemporary or even toward the lake, so while I wouldn't want most of the Value units, once you get past that level, I can't decide which one I want most! Glad you guys are more decisive and got such a good one.

I thought the new Fantasyland theming was a step up, somehow -- plus Disney's theming was the best to start with!
Welcome!

Thank you! Our view was so awesome and it made the trip that much more special. Considering I will not be staying at BLT again any time soon (like I said in a previous post, those really good views cost a lot more points!) it was nice to "splurge" on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I think the posted wait time for Peter Pan was like 20 minutes, but it didn't look like it would be that long. We were in and out in about 15 minutes and in time for the rope drop for the rest of the park.
Hmm, it seemed like it was posted at longer than 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
New Fantasyland is quite lovely. It will be so nice once the mine train is open and it seems more complete though.
Yes it will! Can't wait for that ride to open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
I can't wait to hear about the Lefou's Brew. We didn't get to try it last time we were there. The line was way to long and we had a cranky 2 year old who didn't want to wait. We leave in 29 days and am hoping to get to try it. I love riding BTMRR at night. DH and I haven't been on it in 3 years. We're hoping we'll be able to ride it together, since my parents are coming along with us and will be able to watch DD. Love it, can't wait for more.
When my parents took my sister down to move in for the CP, they tried the Lefou's Brew and my parents thought it was OK but Emma didn't like it. I didn't get it until later in this trip but to spoil it a little bit, I thought it was really good! Hopefully you'll get to try it on your trip, and that you get to ride Thunder Mountain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ah the Rapunzel bathrooms are so incredible! I cannot wait to see them in person!! I definitely do the same thing with breakfasts, even if we end up buying some granola/meal bars at Disney, it still saves us time and money instead of buying hot breakfast every day!

Wishes from the balcony is beyond incredible!! EMH in the morning are always so awesome, you can finish so much more with that extra hour than any other time of day! Ack! That fog is insane!! I absolutely love the FLE area, it’s so well done and detailed that despite the fact that I had seen countless pictures before getting there I was still in tears the first time I’d seen it in person!

They really are so pretty and so well themed for a bathroom. Even the inside of them is gorgeous! It is nice eating before heading to the parks so we don't have to stop anywhere once we get there!

I agree...that's why we love the EMH so much and why we always try to take advantage of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Thank you so much for the warning!!! I really appreciate it. And also, seriously, the beds at BLT are SO comfy!

New Dumbo is the cutest! Ahh, love. Welp, I guess that's it for me. Thanks again for the warning!
You're welcome. I really do not know how you've managed to not look at pictures. Well, you are going to be blown away when you finally see it!

Yes it is! I love Dumbo.

Next update should be New-Fantasyland free again, but I'll give you another warning when I post more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichusky View Post
Wow what an amazing view!!! Those photos from 7am EMH looked like it was in the middle of the night haha- I can't believe how many people were there at that hour. Ugh crowds... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Can't wait to read more- my mom and I are planning on doing lunch at Be Our Guest in July so I'm looking forward to more New Fantasyland pics!
Yeah, that's partly why I like going so early. It's kind of fun when it's still dark out. Be Our Guest was great! I'll be getting to that part in a couple of updates.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #92
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 2013 cont'd (part 2)

With our Splash Mountain fastpasses in hand, we headed toward Adventureland for a couple of more classics. Our first stop was Pirates of the Caribbean. We pretty much walked right on. There was a group in the boat with us and they had some younger kids. One of the boys was absolutely terrified for some reason and the parents kept telling him how it wasn't scary. I don't know if he was convinced but it seems like he survived. I had kind of forgotten about it until we were actually on our boat, but I looked for the new mermaid additions right at the beginning. I saw the mermaid skeleton but aren't there also supposed to be some sort of lighting effects in the water? I didn't notice that at all.

After POTC we stopped at the Jungle Cruise.

I took a random picture of the plants in the queue area because I thought they were kind of pretty.

We had one of the best skippers ever. Because we've gone to WDW so many times I pretty much know all of their jokes. I will usually try to laugh at them anyway, especially if nobody else does (I feel bad when nobody does...LOL). This time, however, we were pretty much cracking up the entire time. Our skipper, Jeff, was awesome. He was really good at delivering the lines (sometimes the skippers can be kind of boring) and also added in a few of his own jokes. The one that sticks out in my mind was in the scene with the guys being chased up the tree and the guy on the bottom is going to "get the point in the end." Well, right after that, our skipper shouted, "HEY, I know that guy! It's Ahontas! He's going to poke Ahontas!" OMG, for some reason I could not stop laughing at that one. LOVE IT.

I have these random pictures, so I am wondering if we might've stopped to get Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards in Liberty Square. Notice how UNcrowded it was at that point. Once again, this is why we love getting up early for Extra Magic Hours!

As we continued on, we used our fastpasses for Splash Mountain. I remember the line was pretty long so I was glad we had those FPs.

"Home sweet home is the lesson today!"

Seeing this wall always makes me smile (even if it's at the end of the ride...).

We also had to check out the Rapunzel bathroom area again, just to see it in the daylight.

I cannot get over how well-themed that little area is. I had seen that they have some of Pascal's little friends hidden in the area, so I tried to spot a couple of those but failed. That area is also nice because there are a few tables where you could enjoy a snack and maybe do some people-watching.

Then we went over to the Haunted Mansion before going back to New Fantasyland to see if the Little Mermaid ride was running!

'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #93
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Extra Magic mornings are the best! It looks like you practically have the place to yourselves

Your pics have me so excited for our trip. I cannot wait to see New Fantasyland

Old 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #94
jecskc
DIS Veteran

EMH was the way to go that week for sure. The 7 AM opening was rough to get everyone to, but being BLT was so close, it made it a lot easier. You can get so much done during those first couple of hours.

We saw the mermaids in POTC, but they are hard to see if you don't know where to look and really it is just a flash of an image and then it is gone.

LOL about the Poke Ahontas joke. We didn't ride the Jungle Cruise this trip. Definitely next time !!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #95
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

I love jungle cruise. It never fails to make me laugh, no matter how corny the jokes are. Cannot wait to see new fantasyland in person!! It looks so beautiful in pictures. Also, I had no idea that EMH starts at 7 sometimes! I would so be up for that!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #96
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

That Jungle Cruise skipper's joke cracked me up. It reminds me of the other night when I had to call and make a change to our reservation for July. The Cast Member on the phone was delivering them left and right, but the one that sticks out the most was this one.

CM: "While your waiting, have you heard about the new cellphone policy for the parks?"
Me: "No."
CM: "Well, if you have any Apple products, make sure you keep them away from Snow White. She's scared of apples."

I told him that he should be a skipper on the Jungle Cruise and he laughed. It made the wait while making changes more entertaining. I'll have to look for the Pascal's when we go.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #97
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

You have a great relationship with your dad! So refreshing to read about a father / daughter(s) trip.

I totally missed the mermaids on the POTC. I looked but didn't see anything.

7:00 a.m. EMH -- I could handle that!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #98
jwwi
DIS Veteran

I didn't see the mermaids in the water either. Did you do Belle's cottage in new FL?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #99
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post

Now there's another Princess's tower, looming over Liberty Square.

Just kidding. Actually I think that area looks beautiful; I was sorry it wasn't open yet when we went and would have regretted it even more if I'd known how it'd turn out. So just as well I didn't.

I didn't notice the mermaids when we were there, but I wasn't looking. Plus I think they're on the other side of the boat-? They were in the video I've seen, anyhow.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #100
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OH, the Jungle Cruise. Such a wonderful classic. Your skipper sound awesome!

Okay, since I'm super cool I skipped all your Tangled area pictures. I honestly have no clue what it's about but everyone keeps talking about Rapunzel bathrooms? Can't wait to find out!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #101
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Getting all caught up on the updates I missed while we were out of town!

Nothing like walking over to MK on your first night, I guess. Too bad Thunder Mountain was crazy. It's so far off in the corner of the park that it really makes it even worse when you realize you can't go on because then you have so much back tracking to do!

The Tangled bathrooms!!! Never been so excited for bathrooms in my entire life. Now from your pics, I know I need to check it out both during the day and lit up at night!

But yay for Storybook Circus! Since we missed any of the New Fantasyland stuff on our October trip, Storybook Circus was the only "new" (to us) thing that we got to experience. Loved it! Your pics with Daisy & Minnie are so adorable. I love their little costumes! Just wish it was easier to meet all 4 in there at the same time.

Wishes from the balcony! What a way to start off your trip!

That stinks about there being more people than you expected at the EMH. And stinks even more about Little Mermaid not running yet! It's such a cute ride (rode it at DCA) but I'm so STINKIN' EXCITED about seeing Eric's castle!!! Always been my favorite of the movie castles since I was little. So while the ride is the same as at DCA, I'm so excited about seeing the queue in MK!

It looks like even though there were more people than you expected at the gates, your first 7 am EMH was a success!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #102
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Can't beat AM EMH!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #103
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!

I was behind but I'm all caught up now!!

Wow! What view you had!

The new Rapunzel rest area looks so cute!! I love that movie so I'm anxious to see it myself.

Your pictures really make me want to stay at BLT!! Seeing Wishes from your room looks amazing!!

Aww...I'm so excited to see the new Fantasyland!!! Glad you got to ride BTMRR! So much fun!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #104
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Well we are back from BLT and LOVED it! The studio was actually bigger than I thought it would be and our view was AWESOME It was LV but we were happy to see the MK from the bridge and the elevator areas All caught up and hopefully starting my TR soon (if photobucket ever starts working!)

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #105
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i've yet to have a really good skipper on Jungle cruise,but I keep hoping

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: