Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #61
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Very cool video! That is a great view.

Did you find it noisy when you were trying to sleep?
Glad you enjoyed the video!

No, I really didn't find it noisy at all. Like my dad said, I was pretty tired at the end of each day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
aewsome ,but i wonder what that large clearing is gonna be across from the parking lot
I was wondering the same thing. I have no idea what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
That view is so awesome. That is it .... I'm booking one next year !!
haha, do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I didn't hear anything when I was trying to sleep. Closing the balcony door seems to block the noise out. Plus, I was pretty tired by the end of our busy days.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
If your mission was to make me homesick, then you have succeeded my friend.

But really. Best resort ever.
Aww, I'm sorry. But atleast you get to go back to WDW in a few weeks!

It really was a great resort and my opinion of the Contemporary has definitely changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Enjoying your trip Report. I check into BLT one bedroom lake view on May 5th ! Can't wait !
Woo hoo, how exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
What an awesome video of your view!!! It is really amazing how much you could see from your balcony!
Yes it was! I loved it. Wish I was there now (especially since it still seems to be winter here in Wisconsin. Ugh!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
If you've never stayed there, the hallways by the elevators of BLT have large windows with views toward both the MK and the lake. Both views are magnificent.
Agreed! So even if you don't stay in a theme park view room you can get some great pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
I always enjoy your reports. Also from SE Wisc
Aww, thank you! I love hearing from fellow Wisconsinites, so thanks for your comment.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #62
cmbpanda
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying reading & following along. I'm from the UK & we stayed in a TPV room at CR for 2 weeks from EAster until 11 April, so we were there same time as you. It was our first trip to Florida & we loved it. The view was amazing. I loved watching the fireworks from the balcony & my Son loved watching the monorails. I will now be reliving it all through TRs & all our pics
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #63
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbpanda View Post
I'm enjoying reading & following along. I'm from the UK & we stayed in a TPV room at CR for 2 weeks from EAster until 11 April, so we were there same time as you. It was our first trip to Florida & we loved it. The view was amazing. I loved watching the fireworks from the balcony & my Son loved watching the monorails. I will now be reliving it all through TRs & all our pics
Welcome! How exciting that you just took your first trip, and at the Contemporary with a theme park view nonetheless! I hope my TR can help you relive some of your memories.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #64
wdwgirl03

OK, now that photobucket seems to be working (atleast for the moment), I can finally post my update! YAY!

MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013 cont'd (part 2)

One of the obvious perks of staying at the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower is the ability to walk to the Magic Kingdom. So there was really no question that we would have to start off our trip with a quick visit there! Plus, there were still a few hours before Emma's shift ended so we had some time to kill before she arrived at BLT.

The walk to the MK is pretty nice. There is a walkway and you have to cross the street once before the walkway continues. I would say it takes about 10 minutes or so (maybe shorter if you walk fast) to get from the resort to the park entrance.

It was so nice to finall be going through the Disney turnstiles again (oh, and also getting some more use out of my annual pass!) and walking down Main Street.

We didn't really have any plans for the evening as far as rides go (after all, we'd be back nice and early the next morning for EMH!). Originally, I had talked about doing the Little Mermaid ride but apparently Dad talked to Emma a couple days earlier and he said she wanted to be there for my first visit to New Fantasyland. Maybe she thought I was going to freak out or something--I have no idea.

So we started off heading toward Adventureland and Frontierland because then I got the idea of riding Thunder Mountain in the dark if it wasn't too crazy. See, BTMRR was closed during our trip last April and I was dying to ride it again. Yeah, that idea didn't work out too well. As we got closer to Frontierland I realized that I hadn't heard a single scream coming from Splash Mountain. For some reason it wasn't even running-and there wasn't any water coming down the mountain. So that made the wait time for Thunder Mountain even worse than I might have expected Sadly Thunder Mountain was just going to have to wait until the morning.

We then backtracked toward Fantasyland where I got my first glimpse of the new Rapunzel bathroom/rest area. I had seen a lot of pictures and since I love Tangled, I couldn't wait to see it in person. Oh my god, it is gorgeous! The amount of detail for a BATHROOM is sort of mind-boggling. And the lights! So pretty.

Once I got my couple pictures of the Rapunzel area, we continued on through Fantasyland. Yeah, the place was pretty packed. Even it's a small world had a line-a sure sign that it's busy! Eventually we reached the gates to New Fantasyland. Dad asked me if I wanted to go in. I was torn because part of me wanted to but I also wanted to wait until morning when Emma was there and I could see it in all its glory. So...believe it or not I decided against going in. Atleast for the time being... Instead we went to Storybook Circus. Last April we had seen some of the area after Dumbo was partially open so it wasn't completely new. Though I did love seeing the completed project. At night it's all lit up and even cuter, if that's possible.

One of my goals for the trip was to meet all of the newer characters, including the ones at Pete's Silly Side Show. I had quite a few on my list, so I figured if I could meet a couple of them right away I'd be off to a good start.

Because I'm one of the last people in the DIS universe to actually see New Fantasyland, this probably is old news to most of you. But the way Pete's Silly Side Show is set up is that Minnie and Daisy are on one side, while Goofy and Donald are on the other. Both sides had similar wait times but the Minnie/Daisy side was a little shorter. So we chose them. The wait was about 15 minutes before we got our pictures!

How adorable are Minnie and Daisy in their circus outfits?! I love it.

After meeting the characters we headed back through Storybook Circus and took a quick walk through New Fantasyland. The Little Mermaid only had a 30 minute wait, which was tempting but once again I decided to wait until morning. At some point I peeked through the little window they have on the construction walls for the mine train ride and tried to get a picture of that. Some guy noticed that I was looking through there and was then curious as to what was behind those walls. He seemed disgusted when he realized it was just construction. haha

When we got back to Main Street, the parade was just about to start so we stopped to watch. Sorry for the ppor quality of some of these pictures, but we were a couple rows back and I was still trying to figure out how to use some of the settings on my new camera!

Then, knowing we'd be back in a few short hours, we walked back to the Contemporary so we could get our breakfast for the week. If you've read any of my other TRs, you might know that my family always likes to get a few groceries to keep in our room. We like to eat breakfast before going to the parks, not to mention it saves us money. We got our typical cereal, muffins, and orange juice. I also had to get a Mickey ice cream sandwich. YUM.

(blurry picture! This is what happens when you're walking and trying to operate a camera at the same time)

The cool thing about leaving when we did was that we got back to our room in time to watch Wishes from our balcony!!!

Can you tell I was quickly becoming obsessed with the view???

It may not be the same as watching it on Main Street (in fact, I should just mention it now...we never even saw Wishes from Main Street on this trip. Not once. I know, maybe I'm crazy, but when you can see the fireworks from your room every night, I don't feel the need to go see it. The same thing happened last year at the Boardwalk-never once did we go see Illuminations at Epcot! Something must be wrong with me).

Anyway...

When Wishes was over I took a quick shower, put on my pajamas, and made myself comfortable. In case you are wondering, here is what the studios at BLT look like:

Towel Mickey!

I wish I could just move in there, or atleast make my bedroom look like this. The artwork (in fact, ALL of the artwork around BLT) was awesome. Actually, in one of my random ebay searches, I came across a few auctions for the Mickey print that is hanging above the bed! It was apparently a giveaway before BLT opened. I am so tempted to buy one because I LOVE IT.

Emma would be over soon! Around 11:15 I heard a little knock on our door. She made it!!!!! It was so nice seeing her again after three months and we had some Easter/birthday/random goodies for her that we didn't mail. The only bad thing was that she seemed pretty tired (her shifts at work are pretty crazy) and she was also a little bit sick. But atleast she was with us and I couldn't wait to hang out with her during the week!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #65
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh dang, too bad everything was so busy! At least you still got to go have fun at MK! Ahhhh. The new character area looks so adorable! That's the one thing I'm allowing myself to look at pictures of (mostly because I saw Storybook Circus incomplete last August). SO CUTE!

There is absolutely NOTHING that can compare to watching Wishes from your own private balcony. NOTHING. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I'm surrounded by people next time.

Yay for seeing Emma!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #66
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in!!

I hate those messages from my mom that say "Call me". They make me sooo worried.

I noticed you have those Skechers Go Walks. Are they comfortable?

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #67
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

I have done that to with the fireworks. The view is amazing and I would be out there every night. Could you hear the wishes music to go with the fireworks? I'm known for spending more time on the balcony watching the animals when we stay at AKL.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #68
MEK
DIS Veteran

Subbing. Love the title. I too have completed my mission of staying at all the east coast DVC resorts. The west coast will need to wait. Looking forward to more

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #69
jwwi
DIS Veteran

I will start off by saying that I loved that you and your Dad wore your Brewers gear to MK. It was opening day, wasn't it? It would have been hard to take a bus or monorail to another park, with the MK right there for you. You made a great choice.
I stayed with my sister at BLT in 2011, we had a lake view room, I think it was on the 12th floor. We really loved watching the boats move across the lake. At night, and in the morning the large boat that carries people from the TTC to MK and back is "put away" for the night. That was cool to watch too! Our view faced the CR pool/boat landing and WL.
I too fell in love with all the artwork at the BLT, it was cool that each floor had a different picture outside of the elevator too. Your view from your room is so amazing, it really is perfect for fireworks viewing. Don't feel bad that you didn't want to be in the MK with the crush of all the other people!
I am also getting close to staying at all DVC resorts. Just Boardwalk and SSR to go.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #70
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh dang, too bad everything was so busy! At least you still got to go have fun at MK! Ahhhh. The new character area looks so adorable! That's the one thing I'm allowing myself to look at pictures of (mostly because I saw Storybook Circus incomplete last August). SO CUTE!

There is absolutely NOTHING that can compare to watching Wishes from your own private balcony. NOTHING. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I'm surrounded by people next time.

Yay for seeing Emma!!!
Yeah, it was a bummer but really not too surprising. OK, I'm glad I didn't spoil anything for you. I will warn you now that the next update might have some new Fantasyland pictures. So I'll have to put a big warning in that post too.

haha, the one thing that is nice about Main Street is that you can hear the music a lot better. And I think it's a little more emotional.

It was great seeing her again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am in!!

I hate those messages from my mom that say "Call me". They make me sooo worried.

I noticed you have those Skechers Go Walks. Are they comfortable?
Yay, welcome!

It was definitely not something we wanted to hear but atleast the car got fixed.

Yes, the Go Walks are really comfortable! They are also so lightweight! I only wore them a couple of times in the parks but they worked out pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
I have done that to with the fireworks. The view is amazing and I would be out there every night. Could you hear the wishes music to go with the fireworks? I'm known for spending more time on the balcony watching the animals when we stay at AKL.
Oh, we were out there pretty much every night. It's hard not to when you're right there! And yes, we could hear the music though some nights it was easier to hear than others depending on the wind. Ohhhh, animal watching at AKL is AWESOME! I could spend all day just doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Subbing. Love the title. I too have completed my mission of staying at all the east coast DVC resorts. The west coast will need to wait. Looking forward to more
Welcome! Yay for staying at all of the DVC resorts! Do you have a favorite in WDW? Dad and I have talked about it and it's really hard for us to pick a favorite because they're all so different. But staying at the Boardwalk Villas and Bay Lake Tower on my last two trips was pretty awesome! I really hope to get back to Disneyland some day to stay at the Grand Californian, and once the Grand Floridian Villas are done I'll have to stay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
I will start off by saying that I loved that you and your Dad wore your Brewers gear to MK. It was opening day, wasn't it? It would have been hard to take a bus or monorail to another park, with the MK right there for you. You made a great choice.
I stayed with my sister at BLT in 2011, we had a lake view room, I think it was on the 12th floor. We really loved watching the boats move across the lake. At night, and in the morning the large boat that carries people from the TTC to MK and back is "put away" for the night. That was cool to watch too! Our view faced the CR pool/boat landing and WL.
I too fell in love with all the artwork at the BLT, it was cool that each floor had a different picture outside of the elevator too. Your view from your room is so amazing, it really is perfect for fireworks viewing. Don't feel bad that you didn't want to be in the MK with the crush of all the other people!
I am also getting close to staying at all DVC resorts. Just Boardwalk and SSR to go.
Yes it was opening day! Dad tried watching the game on his iPad with the Wi-Fi on the plane but it didn't work too well. Though I think he did listen on the radio.

Oh, that is cool about the boat! Where do they put it away?

Yeah, the artwork by the elevators was really cool. I think the one on our floor was Peter Pan. I wish I would have seen more of the pictures.

I hope you can stay at the BWV and SSR soon! You know I loved the Boardwalk, and SSR is great too (but then again I am biased because it is our official "home" ).
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #71
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Love love love that view! I really want to stay there again!

I noticed you're wearing those new shoes in your pics with Daisy and Minnie - they are cute; were they comfy?

I won't be seeing New Fantasyland for another month, so at least you're not THE LAST the see it!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 04-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #72
deannaf87
Mouseketeer

Subbing! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Disneyland- June 2003-CL at Disneyland Hotel
WDW - March 2013 - Shades of Green
Planning for December 2015...going through the exciting process of picking a resort

ATTENTION: TR IN PROGRESS You need superglue for WHAT??? A Bloody Magical First Time Trip Report!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #73
FancyNancy
Princess

Great update! You actually are not the last person to see the new FL Expansion. I am! 5 more days though! Aaaah I can't wait.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #74
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Welcome! Yay for staying at all of the DVC resorts! Do you have a favorite in WDW? Dad and I have talked about it and it's really hard for us to pick a favorite because they're all so different. But staying at the Boardwalk Villas and Bay Lake Tower on my last two trips was pretty awesome! I really hope to get back to Disneyland some day to stay at the Grand Californian, and once the Grand Floridian Villas are done I'll have to stay there!

Right now I think my favorite is the BWV. I had the most awesome room view there in October. I just fell in love.

As far as non WDW - I just back from HHI and I love it there. Great resort.

Love your room view. No wonder you quickly got obsessed with it. Just lovely. Despite not going into Fantasyland I think you had a great start to your trip.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #75
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Love love love that view! I really want to stay there again!

I noticed you're wearing those new shoes in your pics with Daisy and Minnie - they are cute; were they comfy?

I won't be seeing New Fantasyland for another month, so at least you're not THE LAST the see it!
ME TOO! Though I don't think that will be happening for a while. The only downside to some of the other DVC resorts is that they use a lot more points than SSR!

Yes, the shoes were very comfortable. In a way they're similar to crocs because they're so lightweight.

haha, well, you are going to LOVE New Fantasyland! It's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannaf87 View Post
Subbing! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Great update! You actually are not the last person to see the new FL Expansion. I am! 5 more days though! Aaaah I can't wait.
Woo hoo, getting so close! I wish I could go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Right now I think my favorite is the BWV. I had the most awesome room view there in October. I just fell in love.

As far as non WDW - I just back from HHI and I love it there. Great resort.

Love your room view. No wonder you quickly got obsessed with it. Just lovely. Despite not going into Fantasyland I think you had a great start to your trip.
We had an amazing view at the BWV last year too. Did you have a Boardwalk view?

I would love to try Hilton Head sometime. But really, which of the DVC resorts do I NOT want to try?

We did technically walk through New Fantasyland on our way out but we didn't do anything there. It was a little bit hard but I knew I'd get to see it in the morning!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: