Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #16
LisaAnn06
Earning My Ears

I'm here! I've been waiting for this since your PTR!

AS Sports 6/98
AS Sports 6/01
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
We will be in a LV Studio, how did you like the studio with 3 adults? Were the beds comfy????

*Carolyn
I'll answer for Sarah about the studio with 3 adults. We really didn't have 3 adults there because Emma only spent one night in the room. That was our first night and she worked until 10 PM and then came to BLT so that she could come with us to the 7 AM EMH at the MK on Tuesday morning.

We did have 3 adults in a studio at the Boardwalk the next week when Sarah's Mom and other sister came to visit. We don't have a problem with that because we don't spend that much time in the room and, when we are there, someone is usually sitting on the balcony or around the pool. The bed and sleeper sofa provide plenty of sleeping space.

I did note that the studio at BLT seemed smaller and was configured differently than the other studios we have stayed at. The biggest difference is that the other studios have a double sink and counter outside the bathroom so someone can be grooming, shaving, or whatever while someone else is using the shower or bathroom. At BLT the sink and mirror are inside the bathroom, and that could be inconvenient for 3 adults. Sarah and I had no problem working with it.

The simple reason we get studios is that we are able to get more visits for our DVC points. A one bedroom villa is usually twice as many points and, while they are definitely more comfortable, I don't think I enjoy the trip twice as much in one. When I bought into DVC, I didn't anticipate Emma's stints in the DCP and the more frequent trips that they have triggered. So, we have generally booked studios when there have only been 2 or 3 of us on a trip (which is almost all the time with everyone's different schedules) to get the most visits for our points.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

cool I'm excited for this journey

Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Oh! I'm joining in! Bay Lake Tower is my absolute DREAM resort!!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #20
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !! Love the TR name ....LOL.

I can't wait to stay at the G-Flo, too, when it is done. We have one resort left - Beach Club - and we are staying there in September. But BLT was amazing as you well know.

Can't wait to see all of your photos !!!

Susan
haha, thank you. I couldn't think of anything to use as a title and then I remembered my dad's comment.

Yes, BLT was great! I really liked each and every one of the DVC resorts. They're all so different!

Oh, there will be plenty of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookTrout View Post
I'm looking forward to reading more.....and can I say, I'm really glad no one actually spit on Space Mountain. That's just wrong.
Sharon
Yes, it would be pretty bad if we had actually attempted to spit on Space Mountain. Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWildcatGirl01 View Post
I'm here & can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNEMOfan View Post
Joining in!! Can't wait to read all about it.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Yay I made the first page! I'm here as well. Following you over from the April FB page I leave for the world on 4/27!
Oh, I am so jealous your trip is still coming up. Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLemonade7503 View Post
I am here from the Facebook group, too! I can't wait to hear more. We leave on the 28th, and come back May 6th!
Ahh another April DISer with a trip coming up! I am jealous of all of you. LOL. You will have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
Joining! I've read some of your past TR's, but this is my first time commenting!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! I'm doing the DCP this fall, so reading TR's is the perfect way to fuel my Disney obsession until I can get there in August
Aww, I'm glad you decided to comment this time! Please feel free to comment as much as you want.

That is awesome you're doing the CP! What is your role? If you have any questions I can send you the link to my sister's blog. I am sure she would be happy to answer any questions you might have too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I'm here!!! My goal is to sail on all four ships. I want to complete this before the end of 2014...and then if the rumor is true, we will have two more entering service. New goal will come about then.

Can't wait to see everything and hear the details!
Wow, that would be a lot of fun too. I have to set sail on one of the cruise ships. I feel so left out that I haven't done a Disney cruise yet.

Thanks for reading Tammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Hi There! Im from the April FB Group too!!! We leave on 4/18 and check into BLT on 4/20! We will be in a LV Studio, how did you like the studio with 3 adults? Were the beds comfy????

And YES I was singing the welcome song to MK before I even read that line in your TR hehehe

*Carolyn
Ohhhh you will love BLT! My dad answered your question about the studio. And I can comment on the beds since I was the one who used it...YES it was very comfortable! I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm here.
YAY! Hi Marissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisney121 View Post
I'm subbing. I've read a couple of your TRs in the past and really enjoyed them so I am looking forward to reading this one. Btw I love the title.
Glad you are joining in on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm here!!!
Hi Angie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am joining along. I liked your PTR...

BLT is where I would like to book next time we go, so looking forward to you review!
I am glad you liked my PTR and are joining in for the TR. Hopefully I can give you some good info on BLT!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn06 View Post
I'm here! I've been waiting for this since your PTR!
Yay! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
cool I'm excited for this journey
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Oh! I'm joining in! Bay Lake Tower is my absolute DREAM resort!!
Welcome! BLT is AWESOME! I hope you get to stay at your dream resort some day!

--------------------

THANK YOU everyone for your comments so far! I am working on the first update right now and getting pictures uploaded. So stay tuned! I'm anxious to get started on this trip report!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
wdwgirl03

OK guys, are you ready??? Let's get this trip report started!!

MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013

After almost a year in between Disney trips, the day had finally arrived. I was going back to Disney World! AND I was going to get to see my sister later that night!

Our flight wasn't until the afternoon so I woke up around 9:00 or so. As much as I enjoy the early morning flights (who wouldn't want more time in WDW?!) it was pretty nice being able to sleep in. Plus I had one last chance to double check my luggage and make sure I had everything (I tend to be a last minute packer-though I did get started a little earlier than usual since I was in Michigan for Easter).

To kill some time before heading to the airport, I tried to be productive and applied for a couple of teaching jobs. I think I also might've posted on a couple people's trip reports to do some last minute DISing.

Around 11:30 Dad said that we might as well go since all we were doing at home was sitting around. Might as well do that at the airport! So Mom dropped us off at Mitchell International Airport and we said our good-byes. Mom also told me to say hi to Emma.

Oh, I should also mention that there was another family being dropped off at the same time and they had Magical Express tags on their suitcases. I don't know why but I always love spotting other people with ME tags. And then I'm so nosy I try to see where they're going (theirs said Pop Century). Before we went to check in Dad said to them, "Someone's going to Disney World!" to which the mother shouted, "YAY!!" Yes, going to Disney World IS very exciting!!!

Anyway, we then went to check in at the Southwest counter. The line was pretty long but it moved fast. I think it took maybe half an hour to 45 minutes for us to check in and get through security.

Once we got to our gate, I texted Mom to let her know. She replied to my text and said, "Call me." I didn't like the sound of that so when I called, she said that she was going to take my car out to run some errands and it wouldn't start. Great. Not something we wanted to hear before we were about to leave. It turns out that the battery was dead and needed to be replaced.

After talking with Mom, I went to get a snack to hold me over until we arrived in Orlando, where we would get our traditional arrival day meal.

Our flight departed about 10 minutes late but other than that it was pretty uneventful. I passed the time by listening to my Disney playlist on my iPod and Dad used Southwest's wi-fi to try and watch the Brewer game since we were missing their home opener.

After about 2 1/2 hours, we finally arrived here:

MCO, how I've missed you! Dad said something about how it's always nice arriving there. I definitely agree!

We hopped on the fake monorail, went to the food court, and stopped here:

I really have no idea how this tradition started but every time we go to Disney World we stop at Chick Fil A! It's just so good, and it's like a treat since we don't have any CFAs near us. We always take it with us and eat on the Magical Express.

When we got to the Magical Express Welcome Center, there was NOBODY there.

We literally showed the CMs our booklet and walked right onto our bus.

I posted this picture on Instagram:

There were only a couple other people on it so we got to sit near the front.

The only downside to no one being there was that we had to wait a few minutes before leaving. But that was fine because we had our Chick Fil A and we just listened to the Disney music. I LOVE THE MAGICAL EXPRESS.

By the time we did leave, our bus was still only about half full, if that (maybe because it was later in the day?). The driver announced we'd only be making two stops: the Contemporary and the Polynesian.

The bus ride was a lot of fun, seeing all of those familiar Orlando sights and of course the ME video. I was glad to see that it had been updated to include New Fantasyland and the new Test Track. But the best sight of all was this:

WE'RE HOME!!!! YAY!!!!

By that point I was getting pretty excited. I couldn't wait to finally arrive at the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower! It was also awesome passing the Magic Kingdom entrance. MK resorts are the best.

The Contemporary was going to be the first stop. Getting close now!

I definitely failed at getting a decent shot of the Contemporary sign. Boo.

WELCOME HOME.

The ME driver dropped us off in front of the Contemporary Tower. There were a couple of CMs waiting outside so Dad asked them if we should check in in the Contemporary lobby or over at BLT. One of the CMs actually took us into the CT lobby (though I do think you can check in at BLT as well).

We got our welcome packet and walked over to BLT. Our room number was 8218, which was actually the 12th floor. Dad had requested to be on a higher floor so they honored that request. Then came the moment we were waiting for. What would our theme park view actually be like? Dad walked in first, and right away he said how cool it was.

I posted this picture on Instagram:

"Terrible Instagram picture but this view is AWESOME!!!!!!!"

Yeah, it definitely did not disappoint. We were SOOOOO close to the Magic Kingdom! And we also had a great view of the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. It was AMAZING!

We must've stood out on our balcony for about ten minutes just admiring everything (it was also kind of cool watching the sun start to set). I was just so happy to be back in Disney World, and then to get to look out over Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain. WOW. If you read my TR from last April you know how much I raved about our Boardwalk view but I almost think this was better!

When we could finally tear ourselves away from the view, it was time to head to the parks! Any guesses where we went first?!

UP NEXT: Emma's coming!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

What an amazing view

You are off to a great start!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Joining in!
Love the title as well, I can see why your Dad would say this!
Great view!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #25
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a view! I honestly think I would pass out if I walked in my room and saw That beautiful sight.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #26
minniefan65
Mouseketeer

Joining in. I am also from Milwaukee. Did you know that there will be a Chick-Fil-A going in across from Southridge Mall? It is scheduled to be finished in August.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #27
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I'll answer for Sarah about the studio with 3 adults. We really didn't have 3 adults there because Emma only spent one night in the room. That was our first night and she worked until 10 PM and then came to BLT so that she could come with us to the 7 AM EMH at the MK on Tuesday morning..
Thanks! I'm hoping it will work for us....2 adults a 3yr old and an infant! I'm also glad that the beds are comfy

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #29
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Joining in. I am also a teacher. I'm lucky enough to live a few hours south and have the opportunity to go up for short weekend getaways. Can't wait for more of your report.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
FancyNancy
Princess

Oh my gosh that VIEW is awesome! Good luck on your applications as well

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: