Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
aladdinsgirl
There's something comforting about being in a house where dog hair litters the sofa and the bedspreads.--Anonymous

Changing Resorts After ME Paperwork Is Mailed Out

I used the search and didn't find the answer, sorry if it's been asked before! We've been to WDW probably over 30 times and have used the ME every time since 2009 (so like 10 times). However, this is the first time we have changed our resort so close to check in (we changed a month out, we're now 15 days out). We were originally booked at Pop Century, but changed to the Wilderness Lodge, all of our ME paperwork and tags say Pop Century/AK resort area. We called Disney today to see if they could send out the corrected tags and booklet and the CM said to use the Pop tags because it didn't matter what the tags say on them, the CM's will scan the barcode on the tags and get the luggage to the correct resort. Is this right? I don't really want to deal with having to track our luggage down hours after we've checked in because the bags were sent to the wrong resort. And I really don't want to have to stand in the check-in counter at the airport because our ME booklet has the wrong resort! I know the call center CM's aren't always known for their reliable information! Does anyone have any experience with this?

TIA!
3x Full Marathon Finisher, 10x Half Marathon Finisher

aladdinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

If your reservation number is the same, then no problems. I have done this many times, and have had the same reservation number.
So.....it doesn't matter what the tag says, it's all in the barcode!!! When it's scanned, it will show WL...as long as it's the same number you had with your Pop reservation.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladdinsgirl View Post
We called Disney today to see if they could send out the corrected tags and booklet and the CM said to use the Pop tags because it didn't matter what the tags say on them, the CM's will scan the barcode on the tags and get the luggage to the correct resort. Is this right? I don't really want to deal with having to track our luggage down hours after we've checked in because the bags were sent to the wrong resort. And I really don't want to have to stand in the check-in counter at the airport because our ME booklet has the wrong resort! I know the call center CM's aren't always known for their reliable information! Does anyone have any experience with this?

TIA!
We've changed resorts at the last minute a few times and Disney has always sent new tags via express mail. When we were at WDW this January for a Poly/BWI/AKL stay, we decided to cancel our AKL portion and book a couple extra days at BWI. We had to book a separate reservation for our extra days at BWI, so Disney thought it required new ME tags. When we returned home, those BWI luggage tags were waiting for us - Disney sent them via overnight mail!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
mkarizona
DIS Veteran

We also had new tags sent by express mail. Call ME directly; the direct phone number is in the ME paperwork you received. They will be able to answer your question definitively.
mkarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
aladdinsgirl
There's something comforting about being in a house where dog hair litters the sofa and the bedspreads.--Anonymous

Thanks for all your help! We called Disney back and the CM my DH talked to told us to take a Sharpie and hand write Wilderness Lodge on the tags because it was against Disney's policy to re-mail ME paperwork. Uh, okay that seems a little scary to us! When DH told the CM that made him nervous, he gave us the phone # for ME. We called them directly and they are mailing out new paperwork on Monday. On our next trip, I'm going to make sure we make all resort decisions at least 6 weeks out!!
3x Full Marathon Finisher, 10x Half Marathon Finisher

aladdinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: