Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Book now or wait? Whatchya think?

We're headed down to the world end of September (9/19-26) and are all booked at AKL (w/a discount). My mom will be joining us for 4/5 days during that time. I think she just plans on getting a standard or pool room. We were waiting for a rm only offer (I can not use our discount with her room), but should I book her now and then adjust later?
What are pros and cons of booking vs. not booking or does it totally not matter?

Thanks!
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Is she coming whether she gets a discount or not? If so, then you might as well book now and ensure that she can get a room in the category she wants. And don't forget to link the reservations and put in a request for adjoining or connecting rooms if that will be important for you. You could modify the reservation later if a discount does come out.

If she will only come if there is a good discount, then you might as well wait.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

I would book now. If a discount is offered I would just call and have the discount applied. Just keep an eye out for the discounts because there are only so many rooms available for the discount. I always do this, and if I have to I can cancel or change my ressie it doesn't cost me anything up to two weeks before my trip. In fact I have a trip booked for the end of Aug. and plan on changing it if FD becomes available, which I have done in the past.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the replies!

She's coming no matter what so I guess we'll go ahead and book and then change later. I know she only wants to pay for a standard or pool room, so I'm going to heed your advice.

Thanks a bunch!
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Since you know where you are staying already, I would book for her as well. If you wait too long, it's possible that she won't be able to book what she wants (not so much of a problem for some trips, but since I'm sure she wants to be at the same resort as you, you can't really be as flexible about the booking as you could otherwise). Hopefully a discount will come up and you can apply it to the reservation.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: