Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Typical Offerings at AKL Club Lounge?

This is our first trip to Disney and are staying at the AKL club level. I'd really appreciate some information on typical food and beverage offerings.

Is it reasonably feasible to return from AK to AKL for lunch and then return to AK again?

Thanks!
Jen
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Do you mean is it feasible, transportation/time wise, or do you mean would CL offer enough food for a lunch?

I'd say the first question is a yes - you can get back and forth between AK and AKL in a reasonable amount of time, but I wouldn't consider the snacks in CL to be meal-worthy with the exception maybe of breakfast if you're a light/continental kind of breakfast family.

There are a few awesome threads with pics and descriptions of what's offered - we're headed to AKL CL next month and I've been stalking many of the threads!

This one is for the Club Levels at all the resorts but has a LOT for AKL including food and drink: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48083831

The AKL threads themselves have a lot of great CL info too:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049102

This trip report also had GREAT pics and info:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989459

Have a wonderful trip!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much. Very helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
This is our first trip to Disney and are staying at the AKL club level. I'd really appreciate some information on typical food and beverage offerings.

Is it reasonably feasible to return from AK to AKL for lunch and then return to AK again?

Thanks!
Jen
It's definitely possible to go back for lunch from AK (it's a really short bus ride). Takes more time from the other parks, but we always take a mid-day break at WDW.

As for the club level, our favorites are the amazing espresso machine, oatmeal in the morning, wonderful homemade granola bars (cookies...) at mid-day, scones in the afternoon, and all the evening treats. As for drinks, there ar lots of teas, coffee choices, milk, ice tea, soft drinks, etc. I know there are wines and other things at dinner, but I didn't pay attention to what they had. We've stayed CL at 5 WDW resorts and the food at AKL is my family's favorite. The lounge is really nice, too.

Consider taking the Sunrise Safari at AK one morning (you can only book it if you are staying at AKL CL) and it's great!

I hope you have a great time at WDW and AKL -- it's an amazing resort!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

We are booked for the Sunrise Safari and I'm really excited. And thank god they have iced tea in that lounge as it is a must in the morning for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: