DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
DisneyMotherOf2
Mouseketeer

We Go Shop vs. Garden Grocers

We've used We Go Shop on our last three trips and it's always been a pain trying to meet up with them at the hotel. My understanding is you need to be present for them to deliver the food. If your room isn't ready it can be left with Bell Services, but WGS needs to meet with you personally for delivery and payment (no matter what method of payment you're using). I contacted Garden Grocers and they said they deliver to Bell Services only and you don't need to be present. HUGE plus right there! I understand the differences between how they work and that WGS can get you virtually anything you need vs. Garden Grocers where you're limited to their online selections. Fine - I can handle that if it means I don't have to play games waiting around for the groceries to arrive.

Long point getting to my main question ( sorry!) but is there much of a difference in overall cost between the two? If WGS ends up costing much less than Garden Grocer for the same items then I'll suck it up and wait around for them to arrive. I'm not sure if Garden Grocers online prices are inflated? Some of the prices seem a bit high, but maybe that's the going price in FL? Plus I understand they need to make a little money as well. But they already tack on the delivery fee (not sure what the fee differences are between the two). My DH usually handles the grocery delivery/payment, but I believe we're shown the store receipt and their delivery fee is added to that, so there's no inflating the cost of the food with them. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Would love people's opinions between the two! We need to place our order in the next week or two. TIA! I'd like to try Garden Grocer for the ease, but if they're a lot more expensive than WGS I'll have to stick with WGS to save some money.

2013 Beach Club Villas Christmas Time Vacation
DisneyMotherOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I have always used Garden Grocer because I DON'T want to have to plan to be there. We always pre-pay (incl. tip) online when we order. I schedule the delivery time for about the time our plane lands and just instruct them to leave the order with Bell Services who will keep it until our room is ready (including beer).

I haven't used WeGo but am not sure that in the end there is a huge cost difference. I think that WeGo charges more for their delivery fee than Garden Grocer and I think they tack on an additional percentage if you want to pay by credit card (GG does not charge extra to use a cc). Garden Grocer may have a few cents mark-up on their items but their del. fee is less and is the same if you order $50 or $150 worth. Yes, their prices are high but I live in an expensive area and am not THAT shocked by what they charge. It is still cheaper for us to order from them than to shop onsite OR to rent a car just to go to the store and I REALLY appreciate the time savings and the fact that I don't have to BE there to receive it.

But stay tuned….2nd trip report coming soon for Disneyland and Aulani 2014.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
DisneyMotherOf2
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!

2013 Beach Club Villas Christmas Time Vacation
DisneyMotherOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

I didn't think WGS required you to be there, but if they do, well...the main reason I use a delivery service is for convenience. Go with the convenient one. If you have to pay a little more for it, go for it. You're on vacation.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We used Garden Grocer and WeGoShop. Yes, we had to be present to get the delivery from WeGoShop, it was a bit of a pain to plan for that right when we arrived. Garden Grocer was great, the price difference was negligible. I think next time we order, it will be from Garden Grocer again. I liked the fact that their website allows you to pick what you want vs. making a list of your own for WeGoShop also.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

If I may add another question...with GG, will they deliver beer/wine and drop it at bell services if you've provided ID with your order?

I'd love to stock up on libations for our large party's resort nights, but I really don't want to hang around waiting for it...

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

I just did a price study for our next vacation.

Disney was the most expensive followed by GG, then WeGo and getting a car for a day was $5 more.

We rented a car, will shop for what we want, where we want, don't have to tip, don't have to meet anyone, and will eat off property for a night.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

We have only used Garden Grocer and have always been pleased. Never any issues. The prices are a higher but in my opinion not crazy.

In the past we have requested a few things (sent an e-mail) that were not online and both times they were able to provide what we needed. Though I will admit that last time was a couple years back.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

Garden Grocer does have some beer and wine on their site now. We had beer delivered to the cabins and we were there when they delivered so they could check my ID, but I think if you're not going to be there when they deliver to Bell Services you have to fax the ID ahead of time.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
gert
Mouseketeer

I've ordered from Garden Grocer a few times in the past and will be doing so again for our trip in July. The prices are higher than what I pay locally (especially with couponing), but it's worth the convenience to me. I've always been pleased with their service and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.
gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
PetePanMan
Mouseketeer

How much do you tip Garden Grocer and Bell Services (if dropped off there)?

thx
PetePanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #12
DisneyMama21
Mickey...wait for it...Mouse!!!

I just used We Go Shop last month and they delivered to Bell Services when I wasn't there. There was never an attempt to deliver face to face and I gave my cc info over the phone. They called me to confirm delivery and the final price and informed me of anything on my list they couldn't find or had to substitute. We loved their service!

DH Me, DS9 , DD7, DD6 Disney Tillie
DisneyMama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

I've used WGS twice & both times they left my groceries with bell services. I did not have to be present to meet them. I paid by CC & they already had my card number. My understanding from speaking to Amy is you only need to be present if you have alcohol included in your order. They are required to check your i.d. so it can't be left with bell services.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I've used WGS twice & both times they left my groceries with bell services. I did not have to be present to meet them. I paid by CC & they already had my card number. My understanding from speaking to Amy is you only need to be present if you have alcohol included in your order. They are required to check your i.d. so it can't be left with bell services.
Sounds like you don't need to be there after all unless alcohol is involved. Does bell service wait until you are there or did they put it in your room before you got there. I would assume they hold it until you check in. So is the ice cream melted when you get there? LOL
Old 04-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
mcraige
DIS Veteran

We've used WeGoShop several times. The only reason we had to meet them was because we ordered alcohol. The last time, we coordinate with our arrival time. No inconvenience at all.
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: