Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #76
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlovesmickey View Post
HUH??? Are you referring to disposable or cloth diapers here?
Both, really. I think putting a fully loaded diaper in the trash is kinda gross and unsanitary but I can understand why you would do it when changing a baby in public (outside of your home or resort room).

Last edited by robinb; 04-12-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #77
sarahlovesmickey
I could probably make Shake N Bake from all the crumbs I have in my keyboard
My DH thinks I'm "Doing the Naughty" on the Budget Board

I have never, nor do I know anyone that has ever, shook poo out of a disposable diaper into the toilet. That is news to me. I'm not sure I will start doing that either.

~~Sarah~Proud ARMY wife and mother of 5 (soon to be 6!) Disney lovers!!!!~~
-DH -me -Bailey(11) -Madelyn(9) -Logan(6) Carter (4) Isabella (2) - Emily
MARCH 1st-7th--DOMINICAN REPUBLIC-2nd HONEYMOON!

2005-Stayed at WestGate Vacation Villas and Westgate Town Center/ 2007 May 5-19- Stayed at Horizons by Marriott/ 2009-April 18-May 2-Sheraton Vistana Villages/ 2010-February-Stayed at Blue Heron Beach Resort/ 2011-January 23-28-Stayed at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee(a VERY Budget friendly trip)/ 2013-April 16-27-Legacy Vacation Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #78
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlovesmickey View Post
I have never, nor do I know anyone that has ever, shook poo out of a disposable diaper into the toilet. That is news to me. I'm not sure I will start doing that either.
Yeah I've never heard of that for disposables either. Ever.
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #79
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

Take a look at the "directions" (ha! they still crack my up after 6+ years!) on the diaper box next time you buy a new one. At least on the Pampers boxes, the third (I think?) step shows a diaper being held over a toilet with a little present falling in!

Also, just so you don't think I'm off my rocker . . .
Dump any poop into the toilet, if possible. Fold up the dirty diaper and fasten it closed with its tabs, then put it in the trash or diaper pail. If it's flushable or compostable, dispose of it according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

Taken from http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-c...diaper_3838.bc

**edited to fix a spelling mistake
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #80
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

I didn't know there were directions on a box of diapers...
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #81
sarahlovesmickey
I could probably make Shake N Bake from all the crumbs I have in my keyboard
My DH thinks I'm "Doing the Naughty" on the Budget Board

Sassie Kat, very interesting. I've been a mother for awhile now--LOL--and never knew that. We buy Target brand diapers--no instructions on the box!!! I've never in my life done that. Interesting.

~~Sarah~Proud ARMY wife and mother of 5 (soon to be 6!) Disney lovers!!!!~~
-DH -me -Bailey(11) -Madelyn(9) -Logan(6) Carter (4) Isabella (2) - Emily
MARCH 1st-7th--DOMINICAN REPUBLIC-2nd HONEYMOON!

2005-Stayed at WestGate Vacation Villas and Westgate Town Center/ 2007 May 5-19- Stayed at Horizons by Marriott/ 2009-April 18-May 2-Sheraton Vistana Villages/ 2010-February-Stayed at Blue Heron Beach Resort/ 2011-January 23-28-Stayed at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee(a VERY Budget friendly trip)/ 2013-April 16-27-Legacy Vacation Resort
Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #82
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie_kat View Post
Take a look at the "directions" (ha! they still crack my up after 6+ years!) on the diaper box next time you buy a new one. At least on the Pampers boxes, the third (I think?) step shows a diaper being held over a toilet with a little present falling in!

Also, just so you don't think I'm off my rocker . . .
Dump any poop into the toilet, if possible. Fold up the dirty diaper and fasten it closed with its tabs, then put it in the trash or diaper pail. If it's flushable or compostable, dispose of it according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

Taken from http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-c...diaper_3838.bc

**edited to fix a spelling mistake
That's just fine when you're in a residential or hotel bathroom. Not exactly practical in the parks. You're changing the baby on a table. Then what? Go to the back of the line of all the ladies waiting for a stall while holding a poopy diaper as well as a baby and assorted bags? Yeah, that would be popular. The only logical thing is to fold up the diaper and drop it in the nearest receptacle. I know I would really, really prefer that you not stand right behind me holding a 'ripe one' while you waited for your turn in a stall.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #83
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i cloth diaper my youngest, but i use disposables on vacation. frankly, i don't want to worry about having to do cloth diaper laundry. it's one little thing i can cross of my list!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #84
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

When it's easy and the poop was hard enough that it would fall off of the disposable, I dumped it into the nearest toilet and flushed. If there was a line, or if the poop was not hard, I didn't bother, but really that is a rare occurance.

Keeps the diaper trash from smelling nasty, too. I rarely threw a poop diaper in the trash at home either, if we were using disposables for some reason. The poop is so gross smelling. Entire house smells better if the poop goes in the toilet!
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
Old 04-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #85
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to Resorts

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #86
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
When it's easy and the poop was hard enough that it would fall off of the disposable, I dumped it into the nearest toilet and flushed. If there was a line, or if the poop was not hard, I didn't bother, but really that is a rare occurance.

Keeps the diaper trash from smelling nasty, too. I rarely threw a poop diaper in the trash at home either, if we were using disposables for some reason. The poop is so gross smelling. Entire house smells better if the poop goes in the toilet!
This! It's really not that hard to shake a poop into a toilet. I always did it, even when using disposables. The first family I ever babysat for taught me that - they said putting solid poop in the diaper bin would stink up the bathroom, so just shake it into the toilet, then throw the (disposable!) diaper away.

Plus, I don't know about other people's babies, but mine produced many more wet diapers than they did poopy ones, so it wasn't like it was a huge concern. Maybe once or twice a day? And, of course, it's a total non-issue if you're still breastfeeding exclusively.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #87
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie_kat View Post
Disposable. If you don't, you are wrapping up that nice solid body waste to sit in a plastic diaper that is going to take years to decompose and that lovely poo will still be sitting in the landfill.

I used disposables for all three of my kids and the only time I didn't do the shake before throwing away was when my babies were still exclusively breastfed. Once they started eating and their poos became solid, it got shaken into the toilet.
I've never ever seen anyone do that. Never knew people did it either. If you do so, great. But I don't think you are "supposed" to do so.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #88
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

I've never ever seen anyone do that. Never knew people did it either. If you do so, great. But I don't think you are "supposed" to do so.
I never knew about it either. I always put my kids poopy diapers outside. They never stayed in the house.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #89
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Could be a regional thing.

I know around here (Eastern Ontario), you are definitely supposed to. You're also supposed to flush your dog poop (the city requests it since their facilities aren't set up to process human or animal waste), but based on the many little baggies filling up public cans no one actually listens to that particular advice.

Flushing baby poo, on the other hand, actually seems to have stuck, maybe because it makes sense to people in a way that flushing dog poo doesn't. They enforce it at daycares, drop ins, and I was taught to do it as a babysitter. Just good manners, really. No one wants to deal with a lot of poop in the garbage. Especially not in your own home. It's worse than rotten fish, and you can't exactly stick it in your freezer, either. Nor would your neighbours thank you if you put it outside next to their driveway.

And when my kiddos were two, it was useful when we started toilet training. "Where does the poo go? In the toilet!" It was natural to go from shaking it in from the diaper, to going on a training seat and tipping it in, to actually sitting on the toilet and going.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #90
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
You are supposed to, because otherwise you are introducing unprocessed biohazards into the 'trash' route, which is actually illegal. Don't worry, I don't think the po-po is going to chase you down But I am mindful of the fact that human waste should be processed appropriately with either cloth or disposable diapers.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: