Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Caribe Royale

Not sure if I have the spelling exactly correct but has anyone stayed here recently? Just wondering since we are considering staying here in the fall. While we have stayed off site in the past, it has been many years and with some new additions to the family nothing at WDW seems to be in the same price point. thanks for any info on this resort!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Love Love the resort ! We stayed there last may before checking into our disney hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was great ! It had a washer and dryer in the unit which was a dream ! The kids loved the pool and water slide . ( so did the adults !) And it is very close to disney - about a mile down the road - straight shot ! You will not be disappointed !

In fact I got an email from them today offering rates of $149 for a two bedroom for list days in may and some in June !
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Thank you!! That sounds like the way the suites are presented on their website. Those are so many of the reasons my daughter has chosen it (I guess unless something else comes up with a better price) Do they have any breakfast included? I didn't think so but it most likely doesn't matter since there is a full kitchen. The washer/dryer was another good point. The price is right now about $200 per night with 4 adults and 3 kids! Not bad considering we paid much more for the ASMu family suite last year. We really couldn't fit this year with 2 more little ones. I will miss being onsite, but even last year we did drive our car and found it quicker than the busses. Never did that before
Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
shell8558
DIS Veteran

No breakfast is not included . But they do have two restraunts on site. Also- every Wednesday they have a deal of the day . Make sure and check it , you may find a better price on your nightly cost . However 200 is not that bad. It really is a nice place and if I would stay offsite , it would definately be my choice. And we always drive to the parks , regardless if we stay onsite or off . Just faster and easier ..
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Thanks! We will most likely bring some breakfast items especially with the full kitchen. I had been reading some reviews on tripadvisior and they said the villas were far away. I'm only concerned that we can park by them. Do you know about that? Thanks again!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
jaybee1026
Earning My Ears

We've stayed there twice in the past for 2 weeks each time and love the Caribe. The villas have their own parking lot. Being able to park in front of your villa will depend on how busy the hotel is. It is also a convention center. We've never encountered any problems with that, although we typically go in December. I've read reviews where the poolside can be crowded but we've never had a problem. Accommodations wise, the villas are fabulous. As per pp, look up the Caribe on Facebook and send a message with any questions. Elyse is very quick to respond and goes above and beyond to help with your stay. She may be able to tell you if there is a convention booked for your dates. Check every Wednesday for one day specials. It is pricier than Wyndham Bonnet Creek but the location to restaurants, shopping can't be beat. I also love returning each night to a freshly made up room by housekeeping.
jaybee1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. It really sounds like a nice hotel and looks it online. We, too, will be there in Dec. I love WDW with all the Christmas decorations.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
AckermanPartyof6
Mouseketeer

Great Place!

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo last year. Clean, safe, awesome pool, enough space for our family, washer and dryer! We made the mistake of trying Floridays after staying here....big, big mistake!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Thank you all again! I'm so glad to hear very positive experiences from all of you. Is it easier to go through DTD from the hotel? Just thought it might be. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Happy to hear that this place is getting good reviews. We have 5 nights booked here in August before our Disney Cruise.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 View Post
Happy to hear that this place is getting good reviews. We have 5 nights booked here in August before our Disney Cruise.
Yes, I wish more on the boards had answered, but I'm happy for all the good reviews!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Yes, I wish more on the boards had answered, but I'm happy for all the good reviews!
There are lots of photos and reviews on trip advisor, I found this to be very helpful.

Also I liked their Facebook page - posted a question and whoever is in charge of the page got right back to me. There was also an error in my room rate when I changed the date for my cabana add on, I emailed them and they corrected immediately.

We are staying in the regular 1 bedroom suite and have an amazing rate of $97 a night - I'm really excited to stay here.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are lots of photos and reviews on trip advisor, I found this to be very helpful.

Also I liked their Facebook page - posted a question and whoever is in charge of the page got right back to me. There was also an error in my room rate when I changed the date for my cabana add on, I emailed them and they corrected immediately.

We are staying in the regular 1 bedroom suite and have an amazing rate of $97 a night - I'm really excited to stay here.
Yes, we did look at trip advisor too. I just like to hear it here as well! We have a 2 bedroom villa reserved late fall and thought 210/night was really good. We have 4 adults and 3 children and while we love staying on WDW property, they had nothing to offer for that price for all of us. The washer/dryer and full kitchen will come in handy as well as the living room. We stayed at the ASMu family suites last time but had 2 less kids! That was nice but the addl sleeping area was the living room. We had free dining so the cost of the room kind of equalized. This time no free dining (at least none avail now) so the 210 night isn't bad. We will surely have breakfast each day in our room. Please post your experience when you return!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #14
mikerainey82
mikerainey82

I stayed there last June and loved it. Excellent accommodations, great food and amazing service from staff.
mikerainey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
2BoysMom
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think

Quote:

WOW! $97/night. I just booked at $125 and I thought that was good. How did you get the $97?

PTR & TR-1st trip to Disney, 1st Christmas. Celebrating our new daughter!

Coronado Springs Jan. 2004, Contemporary & POFQ May 2005, POR & Disney cruise Aug. 2005, POFQ Sep. 2006, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2007, Boardwalk-Christmas Dec 2007, POR March 2008, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2008, Pop & Coronado Spgs - Halloween Oct. 2008, Offsite-Princess half-marathon March 2009, AsMov spontaneous 1 nighter April 2009, Disney Cruise May/June 2009, Offsite-business trip Jan 2010, Poly-Christmas 2010, Bonnet Creek May 2011, Bonnet Creek - Halloween Oct 2011, Wilderness Lodge 10 yr. Anniversary weekend Jan 2012, POR & Swan /Dolphin Oct 2012.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote