Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
marybyrd
Earning My Ears

Need advice

We had our annual trip planned for feb. Unfortunately in dec I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I have had surgery,radiation and now chemo. After much debate we have decided not to put off our trip again and go in June ( which is when we rescheduled). This trip was different because we booked one night at contemporary and the remainder at a 3bedroom presidential at bonnet creek. Split stays don't bother us. My dilemma is I am not fully up to my energy and will need to take more rest breaks. I am wondering if switching to aoa would be better as far as being close. The space at bonnet creek sounds great as well as the amenities, but I am just concerned that being offsite isn't the best this trip. Any thoughts.? Anyone know how far it is to bonnet creek from the parks? And is aoa relatively quiet when you are in your rooms? Thanks guys in advance.

POFQ December 2009
WL February 2010
Swan & CSR February 2011
Dolphin & Riverside February 2012
February 2013 AKL & Dolphin
June Offsite :confused 2013??
marybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybyrd View Post
We had our annual trip planned for feb. Unfortunately in dec I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I have had surgery,radiation and now chemo. After much debate we have decided not to put off our trip again and go in June ( which is when we rescheduled). This trip was different because we booked one night at contemporary and the remainder at a 3bedroom presidential at bonnet creek. Split stays don't bother us. My dilemma is I am not fully up to my energy and will need to take more rest breaks. I am wondering if switching to aoa would be better as far as being close. The space at bonnet creek sounds great as well as the amenities, but I am just concerned that being offsite isn't the best this trip. Any thoughts.? Anyone know how far it is to bonnet creek from the parks? And is aoa relatively quiet when you are in your rooms? Thanks guys in advance.
I'm sorry about your diagnosis I haven't stayed at either of the ones you mention, but I have toured WDW after chemo and it was tiring. I know you already plan to take breaks, but be on the look out for the humidity too. Drink as much water you can tolerate, and don't be afraid to use a WC or ECV. AOA would put you on bus line and that would mean you could come and go as you please or needed. I would stay where you are most comfortable. I hope that what ever you decide, your trip is as magical as the parks when Wishes is performed

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

I am not sure myself but, the Bonnet Creek thread has a lot of useful info on it. My mom was stage 3 lung in 2009 and it took her over a year to get over the exhaustion so just be sure to go at your own pace! I hope you will be feeling better soon and that you really enjoy your trip no matter what you decide!
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

There are several good information threads for Bonnet Creek on the hotels forums. My sister stayed at Bonnet Creek last November and said that there was a shuttle bus that ran on a schedule. She said that once they missed the bus and had to wait an hour for the next one.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
aylarosie
Mouseketeer

Smile

Maybe it would be better if you were on site.If your'e not felling up to a full day in the parks you could easily get back to rest at your resort. That way your family could stay and you could meet back up with them. We stayed at POR this spring and my hasband who uses a scooter was able to go back and forth with not much trouble. You should definetly use a scooter ,we rented from Apple scooters and it was waiting at the resort and my husband was able to use it on buses as well as the boat to disney. I know the rooms can accomodate up to 5 people but maybe you could book two rooms. Good luck and I hope you have a good time. Nan
aylarosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: