Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #31
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27
Success my friend has agreed to split the pancakes and the tonga toast YAY!!! Now she better not change her mind
YAY!!! Tonga Toast and macadamia pancakes for all!

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #32
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest just ordering both, too. I mean, the TT is so big our server said "here's your half a loaf of bread", so you probably wouldn't be able to finish it, but still, it's vacation, so why not?

Now, we always order a side of some sort of eggs, for protein along with it (we are vegetarian so don't get the meat), to sort of help control the blood sugar rush, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #33
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan
OT, but is the pineapple on the macadamia nut pancakes just crushed pineapple? I've never tried them. You all are making me want to make them this weekend. None of the recipes I've found mention the pineapple.
Kinda, it's warm crushed pineapple with macadamia nut butter on top. No need for syrup!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #34
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Ok, after reading this thread I just booked an ADR for Kona for my trip in Oct! Since I'll be going solo, I guess I'll have the daunting task of choosing between the Tonga toast and the macadamia pancakes! I'm glad I have lots of time to think about it! LOL!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #35
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick View Post
Yes!! Tonga Toast is also available at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian. I LOVE the pancakes...I'm getting them when we go in May and going to cook's to get the Toast one morning! Win-win!!
Exactly what I was going to say, we are staying at the Poly this trip and I plan on going to Kona's one day for Breakfast and Cap'ts Cooks a few days.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #36
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
I often choose two things & have DH order one of them. He gets the one I like the least. It's a good thing he'll eat almost anything.

OP, try to have your friend order the one you don't. If he/she prefers proteins for breakfast, you could give them the meat from both dishes & order a side order of eggs.
Good idea! DH will more than likely go along with it...I'll play the "But it's my birthday" card, too!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #37
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Hello everyone,

Why do we have such dilemma's about what to get I'm in the middle of a crisis I tell you and it's all about what to order at Kona Cafe for breakfast! So Tonga Toast or Macadamia Nut Pancakes what do ya'll think? I've never been for breakfast but I've been twice for dinner and I've been really really wanting to go for both of these breakfasts but not sure what to order and trust me if I don't decide now I'll drive my friend and the server crazy

Opinions wanted/needed!! Thanks.
Definitely Tonga Toast ... Amazing!

IMGP0996 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

And for the PP ... the Samoan ... (also VERY good)

IMGP0995 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #38
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
Kinda, it's warm crushed pineapple with macadamia nut butter on top. No need for syrup!
Thanks for the info. There's a recipe for the butter. I just needed to know what to do with the pineapple & you've been very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer View Post
Good idea! DH will more than likely go along with it...I'll play the "But it's my birthday" card, too! ; )
It's always nice to have a card in reserve to use whenever you need it.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #39
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

That's good you're able to split with someone. I couldn't decide between the two either, and went with the Tonga Toast. I didn't care for it and was wishing I went for the pancakes then!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #40
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of Figment View Post
That's good you're able to split with someone. I couldn't decide between the two either, and went with the Tonga Toast. I didn't care for it and was wishing I went for the pancakes then!
This is exactly the problem Fan of Figment. . . I'm afraid that after all the hype I won't like TT and I'm more sure that I'll like the pancakes. See I've been burned before I even started a thread about it a few weeks ago entitled "I wanted to like but didn't" and most of those things were dessert type of dishes although VN also applied unfortunately. I just hate being disappointed too such a letdown after drooling all those months
Old 04-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
This is exactly the problem Fan of Figment. . . I'm afraid that after all the hype I won't like TT and I'm more sure that I'll like the pancakes. See I've been burned before I even started a thread about it a few weeks ago entitled "I wanted to like but didn't" and most of those things were dessert type of dishes although VN also applied unfortunately. I just hate being disappointed too such a letdown after drooling all those months
That's exactly why I ordered it, too. All the hype! Oh well, at least I can say I tried it now.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #42
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I just had the macadamia pancakes on Monday. They are fantastic. But I don't like Tonga Toast. Too sugary and greasy for me.
I feel the same way about the Tonga Toast. I could eat only a few bites. If I ever find myself at Kona for breakfast, I'll make sure to try the pancakes.

DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #43
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I love breakfast at Kona! It is one of my favorites! When I was there in September I had the macadamian nut pineapple pancakes... They were delicious! I just wish I would have asked for little pineapple on them though, because there was a lot. I just pushed some off so it was no biggie. I've had the Tonga Toast.. YUM! But it really made me feel bloated for most of the day.. Too much and very sweet!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #44
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Tonga toast is my fave breakfast at Kona..DH likes the Big Kahouna..it's all good! Our favorite breakfasts anywhere in WDW

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #45
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Here's a thought..if you're eating in a group? Order on TT and everyone gets a little bit. See, I like the TT but after about 4 bites, I'm done. It's just too sweet and heavy for me to even come close to finishing. BUT..if you make it a breakfast appetizer??? Everyone gets some!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: