Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
KilroyWasHere
Mouseketeer

Talking Wishes Dessert Party at Tommorow Land Terrace

Has anyone gone to the Wishes Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom? My wife and I are trying to decide if we want to take our one year old to watch the fireworks here.

My only concern is that I can grab an Ice Cream on Main Street and find a better place to watch the show.

Any and all input is welcome!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
DEA
DIS Veteran

I've done it a couple of times, once with kids, once without kids.

It's a nice spread of food that they put out there. You can definitely get your recommended daily allowance of sugar and carbs there. You will be able to sit down for much of the party, which is nice, but be warned that fireworks viewing virtually requires you to stand up at the railing. I say "virtually" because not every table has an adequate sightline to the fireworks, and CMs will encourage you to stand up at the rail to see the fireworks.

But, yes, if you can arrive in time to find a good fireworks-viewing spot, and will be satisfied with the offerings from around the park, your other plan is much more economical.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilroyWasHere View Post
Has anyone gone to the Wishes Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom? My wife and I are trying to decide if we want to take our one year old to watch the fireworks here.

My only concern is that I can grab an Ice Cream on Main Street and find a better place to watch the show.

Any and all input is welcome!
The view can't be beat. I can't say the same for the desserts. I think everyone should do it once though. Have fun!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

check out the threads at the top of my signature. You'll get a bunch of different reviews there

I'm sure others will respond to this thread as well

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
KilroyWasHere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
check out the threads at the top of my signature. You'll get a bunch of different reviews there

I'm sure others will respond to this thread as well
Your first thread mentions pictures. I did not see any - am I miising something?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

Is the Dessert Party offered every night, even in the slow season? I would like to do it during my January trip, but there will probably only be one night I can make it work. I am not willing to forego an ADR in another park just for the party, so I hope the dates work out!

2014 Coast to Coast Goal: Full marathon Jan 2014 & Dumbo Double Dare Aug 2014!
RnbwSktles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

We do it every year, primarily for the seating and the view. Desserts are good not gourmet. I like the fact I dont have to sit with kids for and hour or two holding spots to watch Wishes. And we love that Tinkerbell flies over the Terrace, we yell her name every year!!
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Pretty sure it is offered every night except during the Halloween party. It is offered during the Christmas party though. You must have a Christmas party ticket to attend if you go during the party.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-10-2013 at 04:02 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
maa
Earning My Ears

We went last March and really enjoyed it! Food was great, view was great, and it was nice to sit and relax after the day in the park. Looking for August to open for our upcoming trip!
maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilroyWasHere View Post
Your first thread mentions pictures. I did not see any - am I miising something?
They are on the first page of the first thread mentioned.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Here is the great review of the party with great pictures of the desserts and the fireworks!

http://www.disneydining.com/tomorrow...dessert-party/
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

We really love it! You are paying for a decent view of the fireworks in a more relaxed setting and we think it is worth it. The desserts are plentiful and delicious. Some of them are very rich so you can only eat so much. But my husband loves to be seated enjoying a cup of coffee on the terrace waiting for the fireworks to start instead of jockeying for and defending a spot on Main Street. Plus we like the fact that we don't have to stake out a spot super early. We can ride and tour until almost 9, go and have a seat with dessert and coffee and then watch Wishes. You can't see the parade, but we don't care for the night time parade that is currently running anyway...so no big deal for us.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #13
jadelane1
Mouseketeer

I have to say our experience was not so great We were seated next to the stinky waitress station and there was no place for them to move us to. The desserts were good, nothing spectacular. The view was good but I prefer to watch wishes from directly in front of the castle. I would save the money and sit on main street. If you're going at peak times when it is super busy then maybe it would be worth it. Have a great time!
jadelane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
JessM
We all have a dream

I personally LOVE the Dessert Party. The view is great and its much better than staking out your ground around the hub. Its a must do for us
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Love the dessert party! Sooooo nice not having to pop a squat on the curb for over an hour holding spots on Main Street. Watching the crowds rush out at the end and not being inside of the mob was amazing! Chocolate covered strawberries are always a win for me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: