Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Patience
DIS Veteran

I called Dining Reservations tonight and made dining reservations for our trip in September. We are early risers and plan to hit rope drop each day and take a mid day break at the resort until 3 or so. This trip it will just be me, my husband and our 6 year old daughter since our college aged daughter can't go. Here are our ADR's:

Arrival day: Epcot. We will have two counter service meals. I know Morocco will be one of them and I would love suggestions for the other counter service meal if anyone wants to chime in.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom. My daughter has a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment at 3:50 and then we will have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:05 pm. I am wondering if we will be able to see the fireworks from the castle?

Day 3: Hollywood Studios. Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine with the Disney Jr. characters. I'm sort of dreading the counter service choices here for late lunch/early dinner. Any suggestions? I can't remember the name of the place we ate at last time but it was near the Belle show and it wasn't great.

Day 4: Magic Kingdom. My daughter has a Pirate's League appointment at 3:30 (empress package) and then we have dinner reservations at O'hana at 8:00. Do they have the coconut races for the kids at dinner? We are hoping to see the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian that night after we finish eating.

Day 5: Animal Kingdom. Character lunch at Tusker House.

What do you think? I am pretty happy with the reservations. I would have liked to get Be Our Guest instead of O'hana but we can eat lunch at BOG on one of our Magic Kingdom days and I know my husband will love O'hana.

Last edited by Patience; 04-15-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
I called Dining Reservations tonight and made dining reservations for our trip in September. We are early risers and plan to hit rope drop each day and take a break at the resort until 3 or so. This trip it will just be me, my husband and our 6 year old daughter since our college aged daughter can't go. Here are our ADR's:

Arrival day: Epcot. We will have two counter service meals. I know Morocco will be one of them and I would love suggestions for the other counter service meal if anyone wants to chime in. I LOVE Tangierine Cafe - good choice Will you be there for Food & Wine fest? If so, I'd make a meal of sampling the various booths. If not, I like La Cantina in Mexico and the Patisserie in France.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom. My daughter has a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment at 3:50 and then we will have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:05 pm. I am wondering if we will be able to see the fireworks from the castle? Your view will be very limited. You'll only be able to see some of the big bursts that are shot from behind the castle. I'm sure it will be a unique perspective, but since this is your only night in MK, I'd try to see them from inside the park. You also don't want to miss Celebrate the Magic, the castle projection show that can only be seen when facing the castle. What time is Wishes scheduled for that night? If it's at 9:00, I'd try to move your reservation up.

Day 3: Hollywood Studios. Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine with the Disney Jr. characters. I'm sort of dreading the counter service choices here for late lunch/early dinner. Any suggestions? I can't remember the name of the place we ate at last time but it was near the Belle show and it wasn't great. Unfortunately, DHS seems to be lacking in the CS department :/ I've actually never had a proper meal here, so I don't have many suggestions. I usually grab a Mickey pretzel from the concession stand to eat while waiting for Fantasmic!

Day 4: Magic Kingdom. My daughter has a Pirate's League appointment at 3:30 (empress package) and then we have dinner reservations at O'hana at 8:00. Do they have the coconut races for the kids at dinner? We are hoping to see the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian that night after we finish eating. Don't know about the coconut races. Again, you'll need to know what time Wishes is scheduled for that night. If it's at 10:00 or later, you're golden. If it's at 9:00, you'll want to change your ressie to 7:00 or 7:30 if possible.

Day 5: Animal Kingdom. Character lunch at Tusker House.

What do you think? I am pretty happy with the reservations. I would have liked to get Be Our Guest instead of O'hana but we can eat lunch at BOG on one of our Magic Kingdom days and I know my husband will love O'hana.
My comments are in bold. Sounds like you've chosen some great places

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
StuffedwFluff
Mouseketeer

One suggestion for your Hollywood Studio day would be to walk to Beaches and Cream. It's a walk or a short boat ride to the Beach Resort and the food is great.
If you're not up for a walk we usually stop at the Writers Stop for a carrot cake cookie or Starring Rolls for a cold cut sandwich.
StuffedwFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Epcot CS-Sunshine Seasons
HS-Starring Rolls or Backlot Express
Yes, they do coconut races and some other games
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: