Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
calismic
Mouseketeer

We were assigned Royal Palace which was great because we could enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast and then walk right out and disembark. Our servers were so great. They told us the night before not to rush down and they'd be waiting for us at 7. When we got to our table coffee was already set up. I'm glad we chose the MDR over Cabanas. We were still off the boat by 7:45 and didn't have to rush around.

calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
jbrock2013
Earning My Ears

Is having breakfast at Cabana's the morning of disembarkation a newer choice? We were on the Dream for a 4 night cruise in May 2011 & the nav stated you ate breakfast in the MDR you were at the prior night. I didn't see a choice before or is it one those things u only find out reading these threads.....there is SO many "secrets" i didn't know before......great job to everyone who shares ideas & thoughts!
jbrock2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #33
robhawk
DIS Veteran

It has been around. Just one of those thing they don't really announce. We like going to the MDR to say one last goodbuy.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #34
ludari
DIS Veteran

I am never in a hurry getting off the ship and I usually have breakfast in the MDR so I can see my servers. I know that Cabanas is an option and I may have to start doing this to avoid the long lines getting off the ship. I guess I just need to feel it out next time I'm on the ship.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #35
DLgal
DIS Veteran

We did Cabanas on the last morning of our Dream cruise.

We had early dinner seating, and our breakfast time of 6:45 was NOT going to happen. We have the type of kids that we cannot wake up that early. We learned that the hard way. Since we had our car parked at the port and were checking into a WDW hotel that night, we were in no hurry. We let our kids wake up at the normal time (around 7am), got dressed, gathered up all our things, and left our cabin around 8:15. No one was hounding us to leave earlier, and we were not told that we had to vacate our cabin by 8am. Our housekeeper even stopped us on the way out to have a short chat with us and she told us that we should take our time with breakfast as we still had "plenty of time" before we had to disembark.

Cabanas was not very full at all. We picked a table just outside the main doors and we were the only ones eating out there until another family came and sat down about 10 minutes after we started eating. The buffet was just as plentiful as every other morning, and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast. Afterwards, we stopped in the lobby to use the bathrooms and there were still many people milling about, purchasing photos and such. We walked off the ship around 9am. Again, there was no rush.
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #36
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
We did Cabanas on the last morning of our Dream cruise.

We had early dinner seating, and our breakfast time of 6:45 was NOT going to happen. We have the type of kids that we cannot wake up that early. We learned that the hard way. Since we had our car parked at the port and were checking into a WDW hotel that night, we were in no hurry. We let our kids wake up at the normal time (around 7am), got dressed, gathered up all our things, and left our cabin around 8:15. No one was hounding us to leave earlier, and we were not told that we had to vacate our cabin by 8am. Our housekeeper even stopped us on the way out to have a short chat with us and she told us that we should take our time with breakfast as we still had "plenty of time" before we had to disembark.

Cabanas was not very full at all. We picked a table just outside the main doors and we were the only ones eating out there until another family came and sat down about 10 minutes after we started eating. The buffet was just as plentiful as every other morning, and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast. Afterwards, we stopped in the lobby to use the bathrooms and there were still many people milling about, purchasing photos and such. We walked off the ship around 9am. Again, there was no rush.
Actually, it is written somewhere (can't seem to remember where at the moment) that they want you to be out of your stateroom by 8:00am.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Actually, it is written somewhere (can't seem to remember where at the moment) that they want you to be out of your stateroom by 8:00am.
I don't think leaving your stateroom by 8:15am is that bad. You're given the 8am time frame so that few people are still in their room by 9am.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: