Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Best breakfast options for disembarkation day on the Disney Dream

I know there are several options to do breakfast on the last day of our Dream cruise but I'm hoping some of you can share your experiences and see what would be the best thing to do.

We will have a second dining seating so what time will the breakfast be on the final morning? 8am?
I know the other option is the buffet at cabana but I assume this would be the most popular choice for most passengers and hence is likely to be crowded.

We are also on concierge (category V), so I guess we can have the option of a simple breakfast room service (with no hot breakfast items) or visit the lounge for breakfast.
Has anyone cruise concierge before and used the lounge on the final morning for breakfast? What time will they open for breakfast and what sort of breakfast items do they offer?

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

As much as I love, love, love the cruise and wish it could last forever....I know the party is over that last morning and the staff needs to turn the ship over for the new bunch of excited guests so we have decided to get up and out since hanging around just prolongs the pain of leaving!!!

So, we get up, go to Cabanas, come back to our cabin before 8:00 (when you need to be out of your cabin) and collect all our things and head off the ship. At that time Cabanas is not crowded at all because it really is not advertised as an option on that morning. I think the majority of people go the MDRs. We always have late seating on the cruise. We have found when we go to the late breakfast at the MDR the line is much longer getting off the ship. This has been our experience several times.

When we opt to get off the ship earlier there seems to be much less of a line. Of course your mileage may vary!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Last edited by mmouse37; 04-11-2013 at 10:10 AM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Curious too as to where the best place to eat on our last morning...thanks for posting the question

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Whichever place you decide, bring tissues with you.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

We ate in the MDR when we were on the Dream last year, but decided then and there that we wouldn't go that route again. The primary reason, though, was because we had the early seating and it was just too early! People with the early seating have breakfast at 6:45 while those with the late seating go at 8:00. We ate breakfast at Cabanas when we were on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago, and we will be doing that from here on out. It was not crowded at all, and it was nice not to have to be there at a precise time. We took our time getting up there, took our time eating, and then disembarked before all of the late dining people finished their breakfasts in the MDRs. We made a point to say goodbye to our servers at dinner the night before and gave them our gratuity envelopes.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post

We are also on concierge (category V), so I guess we can have the option of a simple breakfast room service (with no hot breakfast items) or visit the lounge for breakfast.
Has anyone cruise concierge before and used the lounge on the final morning for breakfast? What time will they open for breakfast and what sort of breakfast items do they offer?
If I remember correctly it was the same continental type breakfast they had the whole cruise. For us this was easiest since it was right there and had the latte machine I cannot remember the times at all, sorry.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
egesicki
Mouseketeer

Cabanas was the best option for us as well. That is a crazy morning, it helps if you are not tied to one specific seating time, and you can get in and out very quickly if you put your mind to it. Both times we did it they had a large selection similar to the rest of the days onboard. Also we like to grab an extra box of cereal and carton of milk to bring back to the room and put in the softsided cooler for the day ahead, have not had any trouble going through customs with it and it is a little peace of mind travelling with a toddler.

Dream 4nt Bahamas February 2011 9138, Wonder 4nt Bahamas March 2013 8084, WDW Mar 2015?

egesicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
gumbo1009
...flawed product of a deranged mind...

Is Cove Cafe open that last morning? (And do they have pastry options available, or just drinks?)
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo1009 View Post
Is Cove Cafe open that last morning? (And do they have pastry options available, or just drinks?)
Yes, it is open and there was a small selection of pastries -- at least this was the case on the 3/23 Fantasy sailing. I thought it would be packed when I went in at 7:45 for a latte, but there was only one other person there!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Thanks for this thread We were wondering this too

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
Whichever place you decide, bring tissues with you.
Seriously...hate the end of a cruise...
Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
ededmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Curious too as to where the best place to eat on our last morning...thanks for posting the question
Cracker Barrel in Melbourne, FL
12 miles south on 95.

Overall was much more pleasant than my prior rush, rush, get out, get off attempts at breakfast on the ship(s).

Starbucks in same strip for the road trip back.
ededmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
As much as I love, love, love the cruise and wish it could last forever....I know the party is over that last morning and the staff needs to turn the ship over for the new bunch of excited guests so we have decided to get up and out since hanging around just prolongs the pain of leaving!!!

So, we get up, go to Cabanas, come back to our cabin before 8:00 (when you need to be out of your cabin) and collect all our things and head off the ship. At that time Cabanas is not crowded at all because it really is not advertised as an option on that morning. I think the majority of people go the MDRs. We always have late seating on the cruise. We have found when we go to the late breakfast at the MDR the line is much longer getting off the ship. This has been our experience several times.

When we opt to get off the ship earlier there seems to be much less of a line. Of course your mileage may vary!!

MJ
That is a great idea, to just rip the band-aid off and get off the ship. No since in prolonging it. We will have to try that.
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Grooovertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo

That is a great idea, to just rip the band-aid off and get off the ship. No since in prolonging it. We will have to try that.
nice ... we're not that strong ... our family likes to prolong things, second seating at MDR to say one last goodbye to our servers, who are no doubt rushing to get everyone off the ship so they can welcome the next guests!

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We went to the MDR for the breakfast and would do it again. Got to see our servers again, got to relax, it was very nice. We waited until the absolute last minute to get off the ship and would do that again, too.

Although, hmm, we're doing early dining next time (nearly 2 years from now, LOL), so maybe MDR might not be what we want. Though it would give us more time to loiter on the ship after breakfast!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: