DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
littlestar
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's just DVC, I've noticed it on Ebay when I'm watching auctions for Marriott and Wyndham, too. There's been an uptick in prices. I don't know if has something to do with spring/warm weather and people are thinking about traveling. Should be interesting to watch what happens in the fall on prices and inventory supplies.

On a side note, we had been trying to sell a house to settle an estate and that house finally sold after almost three years. So there may be some pent up demand for real estate in general right now, not to mention a tighter supply of inventory.

I was able to add 25 points direct at DVC SSR in December and when I called in the spring to add 25 more, DVC was sold out.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieAidey View Post
I was actually thinking about taking my family during Halloween. I guess it depends on availability once we close though and it sounds like a popular week. Are there special things going on? Why is so popular with members but has low overall crowds (beside Food & Wine)?
DVC busy times and Disney busy times are different. For DVC, October is among the busiest times. So is early December.

Points are low, both Food and Wine and the Halloween party are popular with DVCers. DVCers are less likely to be tied to school schedules - for a long term ownership, your kids are only in school a few years, and of those years, many of them DVC owners will pull their kids (if you have two kids two years apart, and will pull through six grade, but not Junior high or high school - there are only eight of fifty years you are tied to school schedules.). Weather is near perfect.

Owning DVC means rethinking planning and schedules.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: