Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
dznyfam3
Earning My Ears

HELP with ADR and transportation questions

So I'm planning my family's first trip to WDW, we usually go to Disneyland every year, and I am so lost! LOL! Couple of questions I have right off the bat are with ADR's.

In Disneyland, we often book 2 4-person ADR's for Character meals for my extended family. However I'm hearing that this is not allowed when making ADR's for WDW. Can someone clarify if this is allowable?

Next I was wondering if I want to book a 8:15am ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table and I'm staying at one of the resorts onsite, how early do the buses start running so that I can be there early enough?
Numerous trips as child 1984-1997, WDW honeymoon - All Star Movies Feb 2005, Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites Jan 2006, Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites Jan 2007, Disneyland - Marriott Residence Inn Jan 2008, Disneyland - Howard Johnson Anaheim Jan 2011, Disneyland - Red Lion Jan 2012, Disneyland - Desert Palms Hotel Feb 2013
dznyfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I don't understand what you mean by booking 2-4 person ADRs for character meals for the extended family. Why not just book for a party of 8?

If you're making the reservations for others who are not going to be there the same time as you are, you can't do that at WDW. Reservations aren't transferable. You could make the reservation in their names. But you also need to remember that at WDW you must put down a credit card for character meals to ensure the party will show up. If they don't cancel and they don't show up your credit card would be charged. For Cinderella's Royal Table you have to pay in full for the meal at the time you book it.
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
dznyfam3
Earning My Ears

Yes I'll definitely try to make a reservation of 8 but since I'm new to the ADR process in WDW I wasn't sure how difficult a party of 8 is to book or if I should split it into 2 separate reservations in order to get the time we need. We would all be at the same restaurant at the same time and I wasn't sure if that was possible.
Numerous trips as child 1984-1997, WDW honeymoon - All Star Movies Feb 2005, Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites Jan 2006, Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites Jan 2007, Disneyland - Marriott Residence Inn Jan 2008, Disneyland - Howard Johnson Anaheim Jan 2011, Disneyland - Red Lion Jan 2012, Disneyland - Desert Palms Hotel Feb 2013
dznyfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you book as soon as possible you should have no problems getting a reservation for a party of 8. If you wait too long, there might be a problem. And then you could not guarantee that your group would sit together. Can't tell when the trip you are planning will take place.

On the WDW system, you cannot make multiple reservations under the same name within 2 hours of each other. So you couldn't hold two reservations in your own name. You'd have to make one in someone else's name, and register a credit card on each one for character meals, popular and signature restaurants.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: