Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

O'hana breakfast pictures?

Would anyone be willing to share their experience/pics from their O'hana breakfast? Trying to decide if we want to try this character meal and would love to see some pictures. I've searched the threads but didn't want to scroll through pages and pages of entire dining reviews...I'm just interested in one!

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Well my pics are on my home computer and I'm at work. But we love O'hana's. I like the fact that I don't have to get up to get my food. It's family style. You don't have as many options as in a buffet, but that doesn't bother me. They bring eggs, potatoes, biscuits, sausage, bacon and waffles to your table. Fresh fruit and pastries as well.

I'll have to dig my pics out once I get home. Oh, and the kids get to do a little conga line with the maracca coconuts (sp?) in a little parade after breakfast. It's cute.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
Well my pics are on my home computer and I'm at work. But we love O'hana's. I like the fact that I don't have to get up to get my food. It's family style. You don't have as many options as in a buffet, but that doesn't bother me. They bring eggs, potatoes, biscuits, sausage, bacon and waffles to your table. Fresh fruit and pastries as well.

I'll have to dig my pics out once I get home. Oh, and the kids get to do a little conga line with the maracca coconuts (sp?) in a little parade after breakfast. It's cute.
Thank you! Sounds like fun! Also sounds like you will be there about the same time we are. We will be there October 21-28, but unfortunately we will not be visiting food and wine. Our kids are just too young and I wouldn't really enjoy it alone, but one to these days I would really like to try it.

Looking forward to seeing some pics you have the chance to dig them out.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998319

The Live Dining Review thread had a review of 'Ohana breakfast in the last couple of days, maybe not the last page but the one before.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I don't have any pics, but Ohana breakfast is one of our favorites. The food is very good and it is nice to have the food brought to your table rather than having to go through a buffet line....makes for a more relaxed atmosphere, IMO.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I had never even seen "Lilo and Stitch" before we went to this breakfast, so I was a little skeptical. However, this place was a hidden gem on our first trip as a couple! The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, the characters were great! As has been said here, everything is served at your table and there are Mickey waffles there.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
I had never even seen "Lilo and Stitch" before we went to this breakfast, so I was a little skeptical. However, this place was a hidden gem on our first trip as a couple! The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, the characters were great! As has been said here, everything is served at your table and there are Mickey waffles there.
We love Mickey waffles
Old 04-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998319

The Live Dining Review thread had a review of 'Ohana breakfast in the last couple of days, maybe not the last page but the one before.
Found it, thank you! Looks like a hearty platter of food they bring you. Do you have to order the waffles separate or will they bring a plate out family style like the eggs/meat plate? Either way, it looks delish! Now I'm hungry.....
Old 04-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinannie View Post
Found it, thank you! Looks like a hearty platter of food they bring you. Do you have to order the waffles separate or will they bring a plate out family style like the eggs/meat plate? Either way, it looks delish! Now I'm hungry.....
They bring everything, you don't have to "order" it. They will come around with the waffles separately, several times while you're there. If you want more and you don't see the waffle guy, tell your waiter you want more waffles and they'll be there shortly

Old 04-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Thanks, AmyB2006!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinannie View Post
Thank you! Sounds like fun! Also sounds like you will be there about the same time we are. We will be there October 21-28, but unfortunately we will not be visiting food and wine. Our kids are just too young and I wouldn't really enjoy it alone, but one to these days I would really like to try it.

Looking forward to seeing some pics you have the chance to dig them out.
And yes, we will be there on the 26th! I can't wait. This is my down time from now until October and it drives me crazy. I read blogs like crazy and plan at every chance I get and look at study everything Disney.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

And of you have kids they get to be in the parade!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

They will bring more of anything you ask for: sausages, Mickey waffles, biscuits, biscuits, Mickey waffles. Well, you see what my husband asks for.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: