Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill. We went this past NYE and it was very good. We go every trip.

btw I think the food at Chef Mickey's is yucky.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
Fancychicken
Earning My Ears

I have not eaten at Chef Mickeys, but did Garden Grill with my husband, kids & in-laws on our last trip. The food was incredible. Maybe I just happened to be really hungry that day, but everything that I tried was better than the thing before it. I was in food heaven. Characters were great. Chip and Dale interacted with my father-in-law in a really cute way. Got us all belly-laughing.

The only thing my husband didn't like was that (since it was a group of 8 of us) we were at a long table and it was hard to have a conversation since we were all essentially facing the same direction. This shouldn't be a problem with just a couple. The other thing he didn't like was that people were gawking and taking photos from outside the restaurant during the portion of the meal where the restaurant faced the rest of the Land Pavilion. Since the restaurant rotates so slowly, it felt like a long time. He felt like a zoo animal in a cage. I didn't even notice or care about that, though. I thought it was the best meal of our trip!
Fancychicken is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
pugs05
Earning My Ears

Garden grill hands down. The food was better and the character interaction was awesome. The last time my son told Pluto that he was supposed to be on his hands and knees and Pluto got down and started crawling. My son still mentions that place 6 months later.
pugs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #19
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I vote Chef Mickey. We went for dinner years ago (2003) and loved it. We just went to Garden Grill in January and it was blah...food was ok (we did Liberty Tree Tavern the night before...virtually the same food), dessert was ick and service was slow. The place was chaotic with the 2 levels/rims being such a small walk area and guests coming and going and servers coming and going and the characters coming and going and kids being allowed to run and play on the rim. CM is chaotic but it's a larger, easier to navigate space and there's a variety of food for all tastes. For those going with kids, the kids buffet is neat for them to get their favorite things themselves.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 04-11-2013 at 07:45 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Garden Grill 1000x over Chef Mickey's.

CM isn't a fraction what it used to be. For whatever reason, Disney's let it really go downhill. Really subpar food, marginal service, and aside from swinging the towels and waving at Mickey, Donald et al, it just doesn't rate its extremely hefty price tag IMHO. First time we went in '01 was good enough to justify the cost, but downhill since.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
RllngRckBrw
DIS Veteran

GG is my pick. We have only been there once but the character interaction was the best we ever had. The food was pretty good, and definitely better than CM. I am looking forward to returning to GG when we get back next trip.

KUNGALOOSH!!!! (Good Bye AC...)
RllngRckBrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #22
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We love CM's food so it would be our choice and recommendation. a firm family favorite.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
BNukem
Love the Mouse

We like Garden Grill, mostly because we like to just be able to sit down and enjoy our meal. The food is served to us, we don't have to keep getting up and waiting in line to get more. Want more? Just ask, they bring it to you at GG. It really is a lot more relaxing. Plus the character interaction has always been great there. Usually see every character at least twice before we are finished .
2009-Polynesian

2010-Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
2011-Polynesian
2012-Port Orleans French Quarter
2013-Port Orleans French Quarter

::me 43 : DH 44
DD 19 DD16 DD 4
BNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
disneygirl345
Earning My Ears

I love caseys corner
disneygirl345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Garden Grill.

Since GG is served to your table, you can sit and enjoy your meal while waiting for characters to visit your table. At CM, you will find yourself trying to time dashing to the buffet bar between character visits. If you have children, this becomes even more problematic. Much nicer to be relaxed, with camera ready, at GG IMHO.

DH is not a big fan of CM because of the volume. It is a very, very loud restaurant.

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: