Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
jardan
Earning My Ears

Resort Suggestions

Hi all - newbie here and I am looking for suggestions for where to stay in November (11/9-11/16) with husband, 9 yo daughter and 6 year old son. Which resorts are the most convenient transportation wise to the parks?
jardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

The resorts are placed all around Disney property. Some are near certain parks, others are near a different park, etc. No one resort is near all of the parks.

The monorail resorts are nearest to MK. The monorail also travels to Epcot. The other parks are reached by Disney bus transportation.

There are also categories of resorts - Value, Moderate, & Deluxe - based on what you wish to pay. Some Value resorts are very near a park, so the price doesn't affect that.

Pick a resort based on your budget. Information on price is available at Disneyworld.com & other sites that will pop up with it. Prices change from season to season.

Happy hunting finding a resort. You will love researching the resorts. It's fun! Have a great vacation!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
meredith1
DIS Veteran

If you plan on spending the most time at MK on a monorail resort-Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort or Grand Floridian. Contemporary is within walking distance to Magic Kingdom.

If you plan on spending the most time at Epcot-an Epcot Resort-Beach Club, Yacht Club, etc.

I think Animal Kingdom would be fun but, it is a very long way from the other parks so, take that into consideration if you are contemplating that one!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardan View Post
Hi all - newbie here and I am looking for suggestions for where to stay in November (11/9-11/16) with husband, 9 yo daughter and 6 year old son. Which resorts are the most convenient transportation wise to the parks?
Welcome to the Dis .

Not sure what your budget is, but we love the deluxe resorts (with the Poly being our favorite). With that said, all of the deluxe resorts are great, depending on which park(s) you will be spending the most time in.

We love the monorail resorts for the convenience of being close to MK. The GF is 1 monorail stop from the MK, with the Poly being 2 stops away, and the CR being about a 10 minute walk from MK. Staying on the monorail is also great as there are a variety of dining options that are easily accessible via the monorail among all 3 resorts. It's also easy to get to Epcot from the Poly as it's just a 5-7 minute walk from the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. WL is also great as that is close to MK as well. It's not on the monorail, but is a great deluxe resort that is still close MK, but is quite a bit cheaper than the monorail resorts.

The Epcot resorts are also great as they are within walking distance to Epcot and DHS. Those 2 parks are also accessible by boat if you didn't want to walk. There are also some great TS restaurants among the BC/YC/BWI.

Since transportation is important to you, I would choose the resort by which park(s) you will be going to the most. If you will be going to all parks an equal amount of time, I would look at pictures of all of the resorts that interest you and choose the one that the theme/decor appeals to you the most. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: