Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #91
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Mmm, the food looks delicious! I haven't done WPE before. Well, I did the one over on West Side but it has a seriously limited menu so I don't think that counts My husband would adore the creme brulee cheesecake - his two favorite desserts in one!

And I am loving your pictures of Kidani. My husband's uncle was nice enough to hook us up with his DVC for our next trip, and I am so unbelievably excited to be staying there!!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #92
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

You had me from "Asiago Bagel". .....oh my how I love those and I love their sandwiches as well!!! I love the turkey bacon bravo but I get it on the asiago focaccia instead!!! It is soooo good! I've never eaten at WGP but its on my to-do list next time ....Mac & cheese & cheese & pesto pizza!!! I can't wait to hear more
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #93
lisagyo
Earning My Ears

Yay another Frump report! Can't wait to read more. We were there last August as well, but we left on the 9th. Ugh craving some of that WPE mac and cheese right now!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #94
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Loving your reviews so far. And always glad to hear about a good time in August - this will be the first year that we brave the summer heat at WDW.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #95
hutch0830
Earning My Ears

Joining in!! Everything looks delicious so far! I have to try that pizza!!

ASM - 1995; OWK - 2012
hutch0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #96
JDUB
Mouseketeer

I'm in! Love WPE pizza! Also I noticed a vinlymation pin!!! My kids got me hooked on those pins!!! Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for sharing again!!!
Feb 2014 - Pop Century/Swan Hotel

(Jeremy) (DW) (DD9) (DS7) : (DS5)

DisDads Club Member #740

OKW Dec 2014

.................................................. .............................
JDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #97
Disneyfreak095
Earning My Ears

Following along for sure!! Can't wait to read all about where you ate. We have ADR's in August for Boma, The Plaza Restaurant, Kona, and Raglan Road. We've never done any ADR's, so this will be an all new experience for my family. By the way, i'm @kkatiecud from twitter

Offsite-'97 Offsite-'98 Offsite-'01 Offsite-'02 OKW-'04 All Star Movies-'06 CSR-'08 All Star Music-'10 OKW-'11 OKW/Vero Beach-'12 POR-'13 Pop Century-'14
Disneyfreak095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #98
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #99
Tornado4571
Earning My Ears

Please add more to this trip report!!!
Tornado4571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #100
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

Hey Kristen! Subbing in! I've followed Jess's reports nearly religiously, and I'm so excited to follow yours too! I love your writing and photos, can't wait to see more!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
disneydreaminA115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #101
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Just found this report- so excited because I LOVE Disney food. (Okay, who DOESN'T? lol) I have to admit that I haven't eaten at WPE but I am all over that mac and cheese when I go in August.

PS I was in WDW the same dates last year!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #102
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I like that you guys drive to Florida. Haha, makes my family not sound so wackadoo for driving too! We're in NYC, so we're 19 hours away, not including the same traffic we always hit around Wash DC and all those other places. I absolutely love getting farther down south. The hotel we stay at in NC has biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and I am a HUGE FAN.

Yeah it's quite the adventure but we do drive! I love getting further south too. It just feels like going home.

Personally, I totally think it's socially acceptable to eat guacamole with a spoon. I mean, if Paula Deen can go crazy with a stick of butter, we can do the same with guacamole! Plus, guac is way healthier anyway! Haha. I'm the kind of person who will order something on the menu just because it comes with guac or avocado on it. It's an addiction. Try smushed avocado on a toasted bagel ... DELICIOUS! It's what I use instead of cream cheese due to being lactose intolerant.

Yay for KIDANI! It has my all-time favorite restaurant ... Sanaa! Delish!

Can you finish that entire pizza from WPE? It looks SO good that I want to try it, but it'd only be for me because my husband doesn't like goat cheese.
That's a valid point! I am the same exact way. I'll have to try that bagel tip, sounds delish!

Yes! I love that place.

If I'm really hungry I can. I've done it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
Yay, the TR begins!

I am loving your posts. Your photo's are awesome and your description of things has me right beside you all.

Wolfgang looked wonderful. I loved Scott modeling the Donald hat and shirt. Your Mom is so pretty, I love her smile. Your sister and you obviously have a good relationship, your photo's together are great!

Yes! Thank you so much!

He's a frump. She is beautiful, I know. (: I love my little sis!

I am really enjoying all of your photo's. I think this TR has had the best photo's of the resort I've seen. Lightning through the lobby windows of that resort must have been so cool to see.

Looking forward to future posts. Thanks again for sharing. Read you soon.
Wow! Thank you so much! It was definitely cool.

You are so welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
We've never eaten at Rainforest Cafe and your pictures make me want to!
You definitely should! It's a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
Subbing...all caught up...loving your review so far...can't wait to read more!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
yay update!
NOMS everything looks so yummy. Like how can normal food even compare?
It can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post
Yum! Yum!! Yum! Great updates!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Wegmans has AWESOME asiago cheese bagels and I could seriously eat one every single day of my life. That one at Panera looks amazing.

Oh Kidani. STOP BEING SO PERFECT.

Excuse me while I die over your food from WPE.
I love Wegmans. It's perfect.

Oh I know right?

SO. YUMMY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredreamsbegin View Post
I am really enjoying your DR. Seeing your pictures and reading your descriptions really transports me back to WDW. You have completely sold me on the pizza at WPE. I can't wait to go back and to try it for myself!

Oh, and for what it's worth, I too would eat guacamole with a spoon if it was socially acceptable! And, like a PP, I find myself choosing items from the menu just because they have guacamole or avocado in them.

I'm off to read your previous TRs. I want read more about your adventures!
Thank you so much! It's sooo good.

Yes! It's just so good.

YAY! More updates are coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minushka72 View Post
I'm with Sarah. That mac and cheese at WPE is so good!!!!!
It is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
YUM! Loving this spin on a TR! (Especially since you are telling us more than just about the food!)
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Only 3 updates?? Slacker

Is it wrong that I spent a large amount of time looking for Hidden Mickeys in the Fruit Loops photo?

I don't know if there is anything more uplifiting than seeing that WDW sign coupled with the Angel harp music (that I know everybody hears) as you drive underneath. Perfection!!!!

Loving it thus far. Thanks for including some regular TR stuff along with the DR stuff.
LOL.

Not at all hahah.

It really is.

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
Geez i thought our nine hour flight was a pain, a 20 hour road trip, kudos!!

Aaaah I'm so glad you stayed at Kidani, my family and I are staying there for the first time with our DVC points in December and I'm so excited after seeing your pictures! We've got a standard view too, I was really disappointed we couldn't get a savannah but after seeing your view I'm hopeful!

Your WGP pictures are making me so hungry, we plan on eating there on our first night, I can't wait to try that pizza, the mac and cheese looks amazing too. The rainforest cafe is amazing too! I miss disney food so much!
Haha, it's an ambitious trek.

Oh you are going to LOVE it! I hope you get a nice view.

Definitely a great first night place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Enjoying your report! WPE is our must do place every time we visit.

And we have a Panera Bread near us and I've never stepped food in there. Those bagels looks incredible. I think I'm gonna make a stop in there soon, just for research of course.
Thank you!

Definitely do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggermoo View Post
Hi!

I hope you don't mind me subscribing, I am loving all of the foodie info and WPE is definitely on my list now, the food looks AMAZING!!

Plus, it's getting me really excited about my next trip to the World in 105 days!!

Sophie x
I don't mind at all, have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerangel89 View Post
Oh my gosh, I am so excited for all the FOOD!!!! And to hear about what a wonderful vacation your family had and all of that...😉 Hahaha

I've recently gotten my fiancé hooked on reading TRs and especially those with lots of DISNEY FOOD, so we are so excited for your TR, in particular!

Thanks for taking the time to bring a little joy and pixie dust to your readers! 🙏
Yay well thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym4588 View Post
I love reading food reviews!

I have been working on a list of must-do eateries for our next trip (I know, SO hard to choose). WPE wasn't on the list, but now it is. Pesto is one of my favorite things! And the mac & cheese looks incredible. Which do I choose. Do I get both? I'm on vacation so...SURE!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report
Oh just go for it and get both! It's vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCin78 View Post
Aggh reading your TR has me so excited for our upcoming trip in June! Only 51 days to go Thanks for all of the updates
Have a great time! You are so welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
You and your friends write some of the best trip reports, so I'm looking forward to following along with your dining reviews.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hey Kristen Loving every minute of your Dining Review! Rain Forest Cafe looks really awesome. I may have to try that on my next trip. Let me know if you need any ideas for restaurants while you're in DC. I could point your family in the direction of some fabulous eats! -Amanda
Hi there! Thank you! It is! I would love any ideas that you have! Feel free to DM me! I always love hearing what the best places to eat are from locals when I travel. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Mmm, the food looks delicious! I haven't done WPE before. Well, I did the one over on West Side but it has a seriously limited menu so I don't think that counts My husband would adore the creme brulee cheesecake - his two favorite desserts in one!

And I am loving your pictures of Kidani. My husband's uncle was nice enough to hook us up with his DVC for our next trip, and I am so unbelievably excited to be staying there!!
Marketplace WPE is the way to go for sure.

Thank you so much! That's awesome! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
You had me from "Asiago Bagel". .....oh my how I love those and I love their sandwiches as well!!! I love the turkey bacon bravo but I get it on the asiago focaccia instead!!! It is soooo good! I've never eaten at WGP but its on my to-do list next time ....Mac & cheese & cheese & pesto pizza!!! I can't wait to hear more
Me too! They're all so delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagyo View Post
Yay another Frump report! Can't wait to read more. We were there last August as well, but we left on the 9th. Ugh craving some of that WPE mac and cheese right now!
Me too. So good. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Joining in! Loving your reviews so far. And always glad to hear about a good time in August - this will be the first year that we brave the summer heat at WDW.
Thanks! It's a bit tough to get used to, but just be sure to stay hydrated and take breaks in the afternoon. You'll have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch0830 View Post
Joining in!! Everything looks delicious so far! I have to try that pizza!!
Thanks! It's the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
I'm in! Love WPE pizza! Also I noticed a vinlymation pin!!! My kids got me hooked on those pins!!! Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for sharing again!!!
Yes! They're great. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak095 View Post
Following along for sure!! Can't wait to read all about where you ate. We have ADR's in August for Boma, The Plaza Restaurant, Kona, and Raglan Road. We've never done any ADR's, so this will be an all new experience for my family. By the way, i'm @kkatiecud from twitter
Those are all excellent places, and I have ADR's in August for all of them as well. Ah yes! Hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado4571 View Post
Please add more to this trip report!!!
I will ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaminA115 View Post
Hey Kristen! Subbing in! I've followed Jess's reports nearly religiously, and I'm so excited to follow yours too! I love your writing and photos, can't wait to see more!
Hi there! Welcome! Thank you so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Just found this report- so excited because I LOVE Disney food. (Okay, who DOESN'T? lol) I have to admit that I haven't eaten at WPE but I am all over that mac and cheese when I go in August.

PS I was in WDW the same dates last year!
Everybody does! Yes please try it! Ah that's too funny!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #103
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Great report so far. Love all the food pictures and Kidani looks absolutely beautiful
Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #104
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramsr View Post
Great report so far. Love all the food pictures and Kidani looks absolutely beautiful
Thank you! It was a wonderful place to stay.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #105
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 4: Our Magical Morning!

August 16th, 2012

Hello everyone! So sorry about my extended absence, life has been so crazy! In the last few weeks I have finished school, finals, had Prom, graduation, my last play and a stomach flu. And I got my wisdom teeth out this week, so you could say that things have not been entirely too pleasant. However, it gives me a chance to do some updates before I go to Disney in just 5 DAYS!!! I can't even believe it. I'm so excited!!!!!! I hope I'm feeling better in time. Anyway, I've gotta get a move on on this DR so I can finally start my Christmas trip report before this Christmas! And then stay tuned for my Disneyland TR and probably another DR for my THREE WEEK trip this August! As for the trip next week, Jess will be including our adventures in her CP Diary, so check it out there! And now, on with August!

------------------------------------------------------------------

We woke up on our first full Disney day and headed to the Magic Kingdom!

We had a wonderful morning that consisted of Neverland, Eeyore's Gloomy Place, and a Mad Tea Party.

We also checked out the new Dumbo. Sarah, who is a HUGE Dumbo fan, was freaking out. From the peanuts in the pavement (seriously, the genius) to the fountains and new play while you wait area, she was thrilled.

We also had to ride the Barnstormer.

The subtle humor. I love it.

Going up!

We also had some Tomorrowland fun, which included the Carousel of Progress, Buzz (on which Sarah's score was ridiculously high and she had no idea how she was doing it) and a ride on the TTA!

Soon it was time for lunch, so it was off to Liberty Square and the Columbia Harbour House!

Mom got the Fried Shrimp Platter, which was fresh and yummy!

Scott enjoyed the Broccoli Peppercorn Salad, which was a nice deviation from your typical salad.

Sarah got the Fried Fish Platter, which she loved!

I got the salmon with couscous and broccoli, which was delicious! Such a great CS option. It was so good! So fresh and tasty.

We enjoyed the Disney signature CS chocolate cake and the not-so-common apple crisp for our desserts.

After lunch, we hit up my favorite attraction, the beloved Haunted Mansion.

Yes that is a Haunted Mansion bow. (:

I love hanging out in the graveyard.

After we said hello to my grinning ghost friends, we did some Emporium shopping and headed back to Kidani.

Once we got back, Scott and Sarah headed down to the pool for a swim while Mom and I walked around the resort and visited the pool bar to fill our mugs.

It was moderately busy at the pool. Typical summer afternoon.

Scott and Sarah were having a blast on the pool slide!

After a while we went back up, got cleaned up and headed off to EPCOT!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 05-24-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: