Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #271
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Oh my god you look exactly like...someone...and I can't figure out who! This is gonna drive me nuts. Anyway, looking forward to reading through this giant thread!
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #272
nym4588
Mouseketeer

Three weeks at Disney?! You must be out of your mind with excitement. I know I would be!

Buena Vista Palace hold a special little place in my heart. In the late 80's, when I was a little girl, my dad was a police officer. But he also had a 2nd job as a security guard at BVP. I have a box full of flyers and newsletters that he would bring me. Somewhere around here I even have a white jacket with the Laughing Kookaburra logo on it! I thought it was so cool that my dad worked at Disney World.

Have a wonderful trip!

btw, is the Laughing Kookaburra Goodtime Bar still there?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #273
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisReno View Post
I give up! As much as I would love to read your report, I can't. Your font that you are using is tiny and your pictures are so huge that I have to scroll just to try to see them. An exercise in complete frustration. Why is the typing so small?\\

I don't think it's my computer either...I've been on the DIS for years. Everyone else's report is fine and their pictures are normal sized.
Some of the trip reports have been getting messed up with text and photos - it's been happening A LOT. For example, I've noticed on Jess' College Program TR that the photos and text sometimes go askew etc, but the next day, it's back to normal. The text in the reports are just fine, as are the photos. Technology - you can't win, ya can't lose.

Kristen, your posts are just fine.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #274
elyse493
Earning My Ears

I'll be arriving in Florida the same time as you! Maybe we'll run into eachother
elyse493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #275
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Three whole weeks at WDW?! Wow lucky you! Sounds like it will be an awesome time. Enjoyed your reviews btw.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #276
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

So very many updates! Well at least you got the right idea about keeping us occupied. Everything looks so delicious may help me get back to my normal eating habits now that I'm no longer sore from my wisdom teeth surgery (which my poor followers on Twitter had to be bombarded by, sorry guys). Everything looks so delicious and I want to go to Disney right now so badly so I can try some of this stuff... asofagoahgaibiavaug I'll just have to suffice it with some grocery store bought sweet potato fries and Chipotle for now.

I'm sorry to hear about you having to deal with some hard personal stuff, Kristen, but at least you have Disney coming up in... uhh... ONE DAY NOW! I'm sure that will remedy all the stress you have gone through. I mean, you're going to be there for THREE WEEKS! I don't think I've been to Disney for that long, combining the two trips I've been on so far. Take advantage of that (and your supermegafoxyawesomehot ADR line-up) and have a magical time!

PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #277
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

HI GIRL!
I've posted on here before, but that was ages ago before i became friends with you and your sister! (im rachel!)
I've loved every update of this review because every update seems to include FOOD!!! I hope you had a great three weeks in Disney, Sarah was telling me ALL about it and it sure sounded like you were having a FRUMPTASTIC TIME!

TR- AHHH!!! Not another EMH morning! A July/August told by a teen!

MagicalMerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #278
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 26: Solo Mornin'

August 24th, 2012

HELLO EVERYONE. I seriously cannot believe that I haven't updated since before my August trip!!! Feel free to leave comments of annoyance and impatience. I am so terribly sorry!!! I started college literally THE DAY AFTER I got back from WDW, and life has been extremely crazy ever since. I've been juggling school, two jobs, and dealing with some personal stuff. Things are calming down a little for me, so I decided to try and squeeze in some updates, and to give y'all a heads up for what's coming.

First off, I posted some Vlogs (video blogs) live from WDW this past August, so if you didn't see those, here's the link. I really loved doing the vlogs! I'm going to try to do those for every August trip in the future, because they are just too long to do a trip report. I'll also try to put together an edited video on future trips that is also somewhat live. When I do my DCP (who knows when) I'll definitely be doing a Vlog for that. I just love talking everything out, and it will be much easier for me to keep up with than a written TR. I hope you all will join me for that!

Secondly, I am going to try to share pictures from the August trip on the various photo threads, such as food pictures, resort photos, Poly pics, etc. I'll share the links on whatever TR I'm working on when the time comes for that. I got some really awesome shots on my iPhone 5 and DSLR!

The next TR after I finish this will be from my Christmastime trip last year! I am so excited to share all of that with all of you!

Lastly, you may notice some new tickers in my signature! There are many exciting announcements to be made. Two of the tickers are for next August. We are hoping to get Beach Club Villas at 7 months out for August, and for the other part we are staying in a lagoon view studio at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How'd we swing that? THE GRAND IS OUR NEW DVC HOME!!!! In addition to our contracts at Kidani Village, we were able to snatch some points at the GRAND!!!!! It is an absolute DREAM COME TRUE for me to be able to stay there, and I CANNOT WAIT!!! I can't believe I get to call that place home. I am so truly blessed.

The third (and top) ticker is for a girls trip in March on my spring break!!! My mom, sister and I are taking a family friend who is basically like an aunt to us to Disney for Flower & Garden! We're using DVC to stay at one of my dream resorts: WILDERNESS LODGE! I am pumped. Mama Frump has been DYING to go to WDW for F&G for years, so we're all very excited!!! YAY for dreams coming true!

For now, though, let's get back to this DR! Also, in order to move things along more quickly, I am going to limit my responses to all of the comments. If any of you have questions/concerns, please feel free to PM me, as I am much better about checking those more regularly. Feel free to keep commenting though! I will most definitely read each and every one of them, and respond when I can!

Alright, on with the show!

--------------------------------------------------------

This morning I decided to sleep in a little bit (I know, shocked me too) and let everyone else head off to DAK. The park was totally dead that morning!

Meanwhile, I had a relaxing morning on the Boardwalk.

Eventually, I meandered into EPCOT and strolled around World Showcase.

The Food and Wine signage was already going up!

MURICA.

Viva Mi Italia!

Eventually, I wandered back toward France and got in a really short line to meet Belle! She was so sweet and said I looked like her twin! She hugged me a couple times and said we could be sisters!

MEEP. Day made.

I headed toward the Boulangerie (pre-refurb) and got myself this sinful Napolean:

NOM. Those things are so flaky and sweet and just delicious.

While I was munching on that, I met up with the fam, who came over to EPCOT to have lunch. We got some food from Katsura Grill in Japan, and some Boulangerie stuff and reconvened in a central place.

Sarah's favorite Disney CS meal: A ham and cheese baguette and cheesecake:

Classically yummy.

I got some Tempura shrimp Udon and Green Tea kochi cake.

Yum! This was my first experience with the Japan CS and I was pretty impressed! The tempura did get a little soggy in the broth though, which was kinda icky. Just plain udon (no shrimp) is the better way to go for me, I think.

An almond croissant from the Boulangerie for Dad!

Later that afternoon, Mom and I split up from Dad and Sarah, who went to ride Mission:SPACE or something. Mom and I did some World Showcase touring and were walking toward International Gateway to go back to the Boardwalk when I spotted Brenda (emmysmommy) and Emmy and her dad again! I caught their attention and we all chatted for a few minutes. Of course we had to take a picture!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Later, after everyone got back and we all changed, it was time to head to MK to get to our dinner ADR! We decided to walk over to the YaCHt Club and take an MK bus from there.

Oh my beautiful Yacht Club. I love you so.

It really is just beyond perfect.

We got to MK and then hopped a highway in the sky to get to the Poly!

ALOOOOHA. I miss the Poly. Staying there this past summer was absolutely incredible. GAH it's perf. CANNOT WAIT FOR POLY DVC.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 11-11-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #279
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Kristen I was so excited to see your update! I've seen on Twitter your new GFV contract - which is completely exciting! Congrats on that. Love having new trip tickers - glad to see you are continuing your annual August trips as well.

You did look lovely with Belle so I see why she was so complimentary.

I completely forgot which TR you were on when I saw our photo posted from last summer. That was so exciting to meet you last summer! You were featured in my current TR when we ran into you and your family at AKL this summer. See link here. I think this is becoming an August tradition for us.

I know life is crazy so no worries about updates and comments. Em follows you on Instragram as well.

Take care!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #280
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, I think with all that going on you are without a doubt excused from DR updating. My goodness. You are a busy young lady.

AWWWWWW, I wish you were doing the Xmas TR now!!!! I'm heading to WDW in a month and it would have been great to read some Xmas doings to get in the mood. Well I'm in the mood anyway but still...

Yay for tickers and a BIG YAY for Flower and Garden. Epcot is truly stunning anyway, but in Flower and Garden it's beyond extraordinary.

I had a watch of your vlogs too. Thanks for the link. You are just adorable. I particularly really enjoyed hearing about your day with Pete and all the backstage doings. Such an amazing experience and it's so great how much you genuinely appreciate it. Yeah, I think you'll work there one day. If I had children, they would definitely be "Disney kids", and it's so heartening to see how real "Disney kids" turn out.

Ahh I remember that Belle and I also remember her being very tanned. Sweet photo.

Haha, I swear Brenda has more photos in other reports than her own, lol. I do remember her meeting you on her current TR too at AKL.

Continued good luck with school and I sincerely hope the personal stuff works out for you.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #281
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how i'm just coming across your thread, but I am definitely subscribing! You have some amazing photos and all the food looks great. Love your review of BWV! We are staying there next month the week before Christmas and can't wait!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #282
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 27: Pineapple Princess

August 24th, 2012

Twas time for some dinner at KONA!

EXCITEMENT.

TIP: You can order the MAGICAL LILIKOI JUICE at lunch and dinner, as well as at breakfast. YUM.

When you give Sarah the camera, this happens:

How fart shoes.

THE BREAD YUM YUM YUM.

Pot Stickers from Heaven:

Mom enjoyed her Kona Salad:

Sarah had the pan-Asian noodles with chicken:

This was a TON of food. Two people could easily share this. She didn't come close to finishing. TOO. MUCH.

Dad had the Tuna Oscar with some DELICIOUS fried green tomatoes:

I'm all about that fried green tomato life. Those were fabulous.

Mom had the Panko-Crusted Shrimp and Scallops. She didn't want scallops so they just gave her twice the shrimp!

I had the NY Teriyaki Strip Steak with Sticky Rice and Asparagus.

I always really enjoy this meal. The steak was ordered medium and was nice and tender. The sauce tops the whole thing off so nicely.

Dessert time came along, and Sarah had her eyes on the Kona Kone.

That's every kid's dream. Cotton candy, ice cream, M&M's...look out dentists!

Mom got the Pineapple Upside Down Cake. PINEAPPLE PRINCESS RIGHT THERE.

Go ahead, sing the song. You know you want to.

Dad had the Banana Chocolate Creme Brûlée:

Here's where the real Pineapple Princess (aka moi) comes in. I was really craving the magical bread pudding from 'Ohana for dessert, and I asked our waiter if there was any possible way he could make that happen...

BA DA BING. That guy was a GEM. I was so excited!

Noms.

Dinner was so excellent, and our server really went above and beyond for me. We are all huge Kona fans and will most definitely be back!

After dinner, we enjoyed the beautiful sunset and grounds of the Poly before catching a boat over to MK.

This place is so incredible. I cannot WAIT to be able to stay there again.

God's grace is so wonderful. So often we take it for granted, or don't believe in it at all. But look at this sunset and tell me that God isn't bringing beauty into our lives. Happiness is the little things, y'all.

We headed on over to MK and had a lovely evening galavanting around the park. Can anyone tell me where I saw this Hidden Mickey?

Disney popcorn for days.

We enjoyed some MSEP in Frontierland!

Cue the music skipping through your head.

"You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself."

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 11-13-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #283
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Walt Disney World----Magic Kingdom----Frontierland----Frontier Trading Post
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #284
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

How awesome! I have never been to Kona, but it looks so good I may have to give it a shot next time I am there!

Whatever you are going through in your life right now, just remember we are all here for you in mind and spirit! Prayers for you! Hope everything turns out for the best for you! Hugs
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #285
BibbidiBonnie
Earning My Ears

DEM LASHES THOUGH.
Lovin the DR.
Lovin my twinnie.
Can't wait to see what's next!
Also, best of luck with school! College can be a nightmare, I know that life. But you're so wonderful you'll be fine I know it.

My Twitter & Instagram: @bibbidibonnie

BibbidiBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: