Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #256
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Kristen, so sorry to read about bad times. Hopefully Disney will make it better NEXT WEEK! Ah so jealous.

I'm food drunk from the pictures alone! Boma Coma. And yet I still want a Mickey Waffle RIGHT NOW!

What a beautiful room at the Boardwalk complete with my future wife Stacey. So excited for her new Must Dos because I must do them.

Without a doubt Disney families are the best families. So nice that you all share this together.

Ahhh I must watch Wishes from there one day. It looks so fabulous.

Have a wonderful trip back to the World.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #257
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

SO MANY UPDATES. YOU ARE FABULOUS.

First of all, sorry about the tough personal stuff. I follow you on Instagram and Twitter (@courtneybueller) on both, and I struggled with a lot of the same issues last summer. I got some help and things are much better now, so I definitely feel for ya and will be praying for you! And life is much better in Disney so I'm glad you have a trip coming up. My family and I will be there from the 16th to the 25th so maybe we'll run into each other!

The pic of you and your family after Boma is priceless I get that way after buffets too.

I did not know Mickey-shaped muffins were a thing. I need to try one. I'd love to just try all the Mickey-shaped foods on property and document it. One day...

Those swan tarts are precious!

I haven't been to Chef Mickey's in years but everyone raves about it, so I'm going to try to book it for our July trip. I wanted it for our Thanksgiving dinner but obvs it gets booked up 180+10 days in advance so we couldn't get it.

I agree about the Tangled part of MMY. I start crying there and don't stop until I leave the park. It's just so beautiful!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #258
LibbyLovesDisney
A most peculiar madmoiselle

Not sure what to say about all the updates besides;
1. FOOD. YUM.
2. Your family is so adorable, seriously. The pictures of your mom with Minnie are beyond precious.
3. So jealous & excited for you that you're going to Disney for 3 WEEKS! AH.
4. Too much other thoughts floating through my head on these updates, so I'll end it there!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN ON YOUR TRIP GIRLY!

In Progress!
"Charge It To The Room! - I'm NOT Drunk!" WDW Vacation 2013!
Completed!
"OHMYGOSH! I'M SOAKED!" Walt Disney World Vacation 2012!

LibbyLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #259
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Kristen, so sorry to read about bad times. Hopefully Disney will make it better NEXT WEEK! Ah so jealous.

I'm food drunk from the pictures alone! Boma Coma. And yet I still want a Mickey Waffle RIGHT NOW!

What a beautiful room at the Boardwalk complete with my future wife Stacey. So excited for her new Must Dos because I must do them.

Without a doubt Disney families are the best families. So nice that you all share this together.

Ahhh I must watch Wishes from there one day. It looks so fabulous.

Have a wonderful trip back to the World.
Thanks. It's been tough, but I hope Disney WILL make it better!

I do too!! YUM.

That's why they're called Must Dos! Ah yes it was a lovely room.

I love my Disney family! The four of us (plus my brother sometimes) are a great team!

It was wonderful! You definitely should!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
SO MANY UPDATES. YOU ARE FABULOUS.

First of all, sorry about the tough personal stuff. I follow you on Instagram and Twitter (@courtneybueller) on both, and I struggled with a lot of the same issues last summer. I got some help and things are much better now, so I definitely feel for ya and will be praying for you! And life is much better in Disney so I'm glad you have a trip coming up. My family and I will be there from the 16th to the 25th so maybe we'll run into each other!

The pic of you and your family after Boma is priceless I get that way after buffets too.

THANK YOU!

Thank you so much! I'm so very grateful for your prayers. I hope things get better for me soon! Ah yes that would be fab! Feel free to say hello!

Hahahah thanks. We're Frumps.

I did not know Mickey-shaped muffins were a thing. I need to try one. I'd love to just try all the Mickey-shaped foods on property and document it. One day...

Those swan tarts are precious!

I haven't been to Chef Mickey's in years but everyone raves about it, so I'm going to try to book it for our July trip. I wanted it for our Thanksgiving dinner but obvs it gets booked up 180+10 days in advance so we couldn't get it.

I agree about the Tangled part of MMY. I start crying there and don't stop until I leave the park. It's just so beautiful!
They are! Only at Boardwalk Bakery though!

They were so cute!

Yes you should! It's so fun!

It's so overwhelmingly emotional! I can't take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLovesDisney View Post
Not sure what to say about all the updates besides;
1. FOOD. YUM.
2. Your family is so adorable, seriously. The pictures of your mom with Minnie are beyond precious.
3. So jealous & excited for you that you're going to Disney for 3 WEEKS! AH.
4. Too much other thoughts floating through my head on these updates, so I'll end it there!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN ON YOUR TRIP GIRLY!
FOOD IS YUM.

Aww thanks. I love them with my whole heart.

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT'S REAL LIFE.

THANKS!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #260
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

WE'RE GOING TO WDW FOR THREE WEEKS!

Hey everybody! Now that you have SEVEN new updates to keep you busy, I thought I'd post a PTR post like I usually do!

As many of you know, on Monday I'll be headed to Walt Disney World for THREE WEEKS!!!!

My Mom, Dad, Sarah and I will be driving down on the 5th and 6th, and staying at the Buena Vista Palace on Hotel Plaza Blvd. in Downtown Disney for two nights. (5th & 6th)

*Photo courtesy of zbmytravel

I've stayed there before and had a really good experience with the hotel so we're looking forward to it!

On the 8th, Mike is flying down and joining us for five nights AT THE POLYNESIAN!!!!!!!

That's right, our dream of one day lounging in a hammock at the Poly and enjoying tiki goodness is finally coming true!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!

YAY POLY!

We're able to stay there courtesy of a wonderful CM discount from a friend of mine. Bless her.

We'll be on the DELUXE DINING PLAN while Mike's there. (HOLY FOOD.) But more on that later.

On the 13th, Mike will fly back home and the rest of us will be moving over to our DVC home, Animal Kingdom Villas, and staying at Jambo House until the 25th!

Now, onto the food!

As I said, while Mike's there we will be using the DxDP. He eats a LOT. So we figured YOLO.

Here are our ADR's while on the DxDP:
~ Teppan Edo (lunch- a Mike fav)
~ Hoop-De-Doo Revue (MY FAV)
~ 50's Prime Time (lunch)
~ Artist Point (dinner)
~ Coral Reef (lunch)
~ Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner)
~ Yak and Yeti (lunch)
~ Flying Fish (dinner)
~ Tutto Italia (lunch)
~ Cape May (dinner)
~ Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

Once Mike leaves, we'll be paying OOP and using our AP/DVC discounts wherever we can. Here's the lineup for that section:
~ Big River Grille (dinner- Kouzzina as a backup)
~ Garden View Tea Room (lunch- girls only!)
~ Be Our Guest (dinner)
~ A Certain Breakfast that May or May Not Be Crystal Palace!
~ Raglan Road (dinner)
~ Fulton's Crab House (lunch)
~ Nine Dragons (lunch)
~ Beaches & Cream (dinner- Captain's Grille as a backup)
~ Tusker House (lunch)
~ Grand Floridian Café (lunch)
~ Paradiso 37 (dinner)
~ Sanaa (lunch)
~ Brown Derby (lunch)
~ Shutters (dinner)
~ Kona (breakfast)
~ Biergarten (lunch)
~ Les Chefs de France (lunch)
~ The Plaza (dinner)
~ Kona (lunch)
~ San Angel Inn (dinner)
~ Boma (breakfast)

So there you go! We actually have a record number of ADR's apparently! Every time we call WDW-DINE the cast members are always like "Oh you guys are the family with the record number of dining reservations!"

I'm not even kidding.

GO US.

SO MUCH FOOD HOORAY.

We will all have our Premium Annual Passes (YAY DVC discount!) and Mike will have a 6-day park hopper.

Of course, I want you all to be able to follow along with the happenings!

You can find me on Twitter HERE (@disney_frump)

On Instagram HERE (disney_frump)

You can also follow my sister Sarah on Instagram HERE (disney_freak514)

And you can follow my brother Mike on Twitter HERE (@Mike_Rosso)

On Instagram HERE (mike_rosso)

Thank you all so much for being such loyal readers and followers! Stay tuned for the live updates on Twitter/Instagram!

Peace!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #261
pixiedustprincess71
The Pixie Dust Princess

Hi there Kristen!! Thank you for the WONDERFUL updates All that glorious Disney food is making me hungry!
I am a firm believer that Disney can make almost anything better, so soak in everything from those weeks in your happy place, and have a fabulous time with your family!
Your plans sound FANTASTIC and I know you are going to have SO much fun!
ENJOY!! HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!
pixiedustprincess71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #262
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

WOW!!! Awesome, thanks for the updates! They are all wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Wow, Poly I would love to stay there one day! Jealous!! Have a great time!!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #263
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hey Kristen! I've been following your daily countdown so I'm excited to see that not only did you have SEVEN updates but a quick PTR of your plans!

Seeing your dining line up makes me excited because we have plans to eat at many of those. I was excited to see your GF Afternoon Tea update since Em and I will be doing that in a couple weeks. Do you select the sandwiches that you want? I'm not really into salmon sandwiches so that's one that would stay on my plate. Honestly, if they gave me PB&J I'd be so happy!

We'll be looking for you while we're there in a couple weeks! We don't arrive until the 16th. From past experience your Brenda detection worked well last time so we'll see if we can catch you in one of the parks.

Enjoy your 3 weeks and I hope that Disney helps to make life better!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #264
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Awesome updates! So much food. I CAN'T WAIT! 11 DAYS!!!! (We'll be there August 10th-24th!)

Thanks so much for your updates. It kept me occupied and cleared my head of a lot of stress. What better for stress than food pictures????

I am so excited about Chef Mickey's dinner. We added an ADR there a few weeks ago. My reasoning may or may not have been heavily influenced by the mickeyroni and cheese.

We have 15 ADRs and I thought WE had a lot. I think you won

Have fabulous frumpy fun in Disney!!!!!!

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #265
minnie411
Mouseketeer

Enjoy your trip. We just returned from three weeks in Florida as well, 10 days were in Disney. 4 days were on the Disney Cruise. Still not enough time, I want to go back.

Anyway you probably already know this but for the time you are not using the dining plan you might want to consider purchasing a Tables In Wonderland card. It gives you a 20% discount on most restaurants including alcohol. They do add 18% gratuity to all bills, so the card basically ends up covering the tip cost. We get one every year and find it pays for its self in 2-3 meals.

Have a great trip, I look forward to reading all about it.

minnie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #266
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Have a great time! I'm jealous your there for 3 weeks!! Enjoy the Polynesian! Its my family's absolute FAVORITE! We have stayed there more times than I can count! If you can try to request a longhouse to stay in our favorite is Tahiti. Its the furthest from the Great Ceremonial House but its not that far, and its right by the walking path to the TTC. Plus if you get a waterview room you can watch Wishes from your room because all those rooms face MK.
kanadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #267
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Omg!!! Have such an amazing trip!! 3 weeks is my dream! I love the Poly sooooo much!! <3 I really want to stay there again! I just got all caught up on your updates and that FOOD! YUM.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #268
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

That BOMA COMA picture needs to be framed and displayed in a prominent area of your house. It just needs to be.

Awww your mom looks so happy with Minnie
And I love the blowing out the candles picture.

ERMAHGERD I can't wait to watch Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge

At some point reading these updates, I was like...hmm that seemed rather fast to go from one meal to the next..and then I was like LOL JK this is a dining report...

And I was doing ok on my (constant) "I need to be in Disney now." mind set, since I was actually doing something with my life recently... and then I started reading your updates and now I'm right back where I started. Ugh I miss it

Last edited by leopardmickeyears; 07-31-2013 at 10:14 PM.
leopardmickeyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #269
courtneylauren
Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacation Planner

All caught up on your new updates!
Your DVC nail is AMAZING! I wish I could do that!
I just LOVE Top of the World!

YAY it's almost Disney time!!! So excited for you!! Your ADR line up is incredible!
Do y'all have Tables in Wonderland for your non-DDP portion?? It is the best thing ever. We have had one the past two years now. This year it paid for itself in 4 nights!

Have the BEST time!

Follow me on my journey!
Twitter/Instagram: @courtneysuchart
Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Instagram!

My Disney College Program Blog: http://www.courtneydcp.com
courtneylauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #270
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

YAY for Disney in a few days. It's funny- last year you were at Disney when my baby girl was born! (08/24)
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: