Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #241
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I just caught up on your DR! Everything looks excellent!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #242
DisReno
Mouseketeer

I give up! As much as I would love to read your report, I can't. Your font that you are using is tiny and your pictures are so huge that I have to scroll just to try to see them. An exercise in complete frustration. Why is the typing so small?\\

I don't think it's my computer either...I've been on the DIS for years. Everyone else's report is fine and their pictures are normal sized.
DisReno is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #243
LibbyLovesDisney
A most peculiar madmoiselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisReno View Post
I give up! As much as I would love to read your report, I can't. Your font that you are using is tiny and your pictures are so huge that I have to scroll just to try to see them. An exercise in complete frustration. Why is the typing so small?\\

I don't think it's my computer either...I've been on the DIS for years. Everyone else's report is fine and their pictures are normal sized.
a lot of the pictures get messed up in transition from the uploading website & the actual update, it happens to me all the time as well, 100% not Kristen's fault in what's happening to her pictures, & that's probably the reason the font looks so small to you. It looks fine & completely readable (word?) to me, but that's just my opinion.

In Progress!
"Charge It To The Room! - I'm NOT Drunk!" WDW Vacation 2013!
Completed!
"OHMYGOSH! I'M SOAKED!" Walt Disney World Vacation 2012!

LibbyLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #244
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar View Post
Cute! I wish I was able to do that but I'm pretty sure they would just end up looking like a hot mess haha. LOVE the monorail one!
Aw thanks! It takes a LOT of time and patience, that's for sure. Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Joining in! I know I'm late, but I can't miss out on another frump TR, especially a DR. Literally, due to your food raving/reviews (this one mostly pertains to you, Kristen), Schoolbread is at the top of my list for Disney snacks I must try so now I gotta see what your opinion is of the new food options coming to the world (although this was from last year...). Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Sanaa to give it a TWO PART update! Love that place! Can't wait to read more!

P.S. Hope you had a great time on your bicoastal escapade! Excited to hear about your return trip to DLR! (:
It's sooo delicious! I'll be eating a TON of food on my upcoming trip and I'll be posting it in the food pics thread with my opinions! Ah yes Sanaa is delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I just caught up on your DR! Everything looks excellent!
Yay! It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisReno View Post

I'm sorry the font isn't big enough...I've never had any complaints before but I will enlarge it. Also, I really cannot do much about the pictures as that would be a problem with the uploading site that I use. If you choose not to read that is your own prerogative, but again I am sorry and I assure you that I will do everything in my power to fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLovesDisney View Post
a lot of the pictures get messed up in transition from the uploading website & the actual update, it happens to me all the time as well, 100% not Kristen's fault in what's happening to her pictures, & that's probably the reason the font looks so small to you. It looks fine & completely readable (word?) to me, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks Libby. I really am sorry if there's a problem!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #245
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Loving the report! Love the photos as well!

Great job!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #246
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 19: They Can't Rain On My Parade!

August 22nd, 2012

Hello everyone! So sorry for the really long hiatus! I've been dealing with some personal things and it's been really hard, but as we are headed to WDW NEXT WEEK I have to give y'all some reading material! Here we go!

We woke up on this morning to a nice little tropical storm a-brewin'. So we decided to make it a chill day and we headed down to The Mara for breakfast!

THE MICKEY WAFFLE BATTER.

Mom and Dad went with the more African offerings, the Bobotie Platter and the African-Inspired Breakfast Platter.

The African platter came with scrambled eggs, Merguez Sausage, Pap, Grilled Tomato, and Chakalaka. The Bobotie Platter was Bobotie (egg custard with turkey, peppers and raisins) served with Pap and Chakalaka. Both were so delicious and flavorful and everyone loved them!

Sarah and I went with a favorite, THE MICKEY WAFFLE WITH GOD'S GIFT TO THIS EARTH, BACON.

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING?

I do.

This was so magically delicious. I'm weird and eat them totally plain (I don't eat pancake syrup and therefore only use real maple syrup) and I still love them.

Mickey Waffle Mousekears!

We decided to go to Downtown Disney and spent the rest of the morning shopping. When it was time for lunch, where else do you go but Wolfgang Puck Express??

Sarah ordered her new WPE favorite, the BBQ Chicken Pizza!

She is obsessed with this! She can't wait to have it as her first Disney meal NEXT WEEK!!!!!

I had the Pesto Chicken Salad sandwich, which includes romaine lettuce, plum tomatoes, red onions and pesto sauce. Of course I substituted sweet potato fries! YUM!

This was a deviation from my Four Cheese Pesto Pizza favorite, but I loved it! Definitely my second favorite thing to have at WPE.

Mom and Dad both had the Rotisserie Turkey Cobb salad! YUMMY! They are obsessed with this! Mum is already planning to get it next week!

For dessert, everyone either had the Creme Brûlée or the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. Delicious! WPE never fails to be perfection.

That afternoon, we headed back to Kidani and explored!

Sanaa with no one around!

Hidden Mickey!

We spent some time in Community Hall, where Sarah made a bracelet and got her face painted!

Soon it was time for dinner, so we headed up and out and caught the shuttle over to Jambo House!

TWAS BOMA COMA TIME!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #247
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Loving the report! Love the photos as well!

Great job!
Thank you!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #248
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 20: BOMA COMA

August 22nd, 2012

I forgot to mention that I had a complaint about the font size, so hopefully this is better! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! And now, BOMA COMA HERE WE COME.

We were seated right across from the buffet, so we had a lovely view of all the NOMS.

We all ordered the Jungle Juice (Frunch) to drink because it is just that good.

Frunch Juice: not just for breakfast!

I started off with some Coconut Chicken Curry Soup! Love this stuff!

And then came the endless plates:

Told ya they were endless!

AND THEN THERE WAS DESSERT.

Sarah had all coffee tarts. She's OBSESSED with those things.

Yeah I don't even know.

That one Passion Fruit Tart (so delicious, by the way) might really have pushed me over the edge.

BOMA COMA

We're such Frumps.

MY JAMBO LOBBY IS SO PRETTY.

We hung around Jambo for a little bit and then took the shuttle back over to Kidani and I took Sarah to the pool. We were down there for about half an hour before heading up and getting ready for bed.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #249
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 21: Off to The Boardwalk!

August 23rd, 2012

This morning was the day we were switching from Kidani Village to The Boardwalk!

We headed down to the Mara to grab some breakfast so obviously MICKEY WAFFLES.

There were also breakfast platters and turnovers too!

We packed up, loaded the car and headed over to our new home!!!

GORGEOUS LOBBY IS GORGEOUS.

While everyone unloaded the luggage, I headed up to the villa to take pictures before it was overrun by luggage.

I LOVE THESE RUGS.

We had studio number 3099 on the third floor (obviously.) It was quite spacious and so cute!

Mirror and shelf in the entryway.

Bathroom:

Kitchenette:

An ottoman-type couch next to the TV:

Our studio!

What Disney resort stay would be complete without a Mickey towel?

Our TV and table & chairs area:

Mickey dresser!

Sarah's and my pullout couch!

The beautiful Boardwalk artwork. Can I take this as a souvie? I'm obsessed.

Our balcony!

We had a lovely view of the grounds around the front of The Boardwalk! We could even see some of the high Illuminations fireworks from out there! IT was lovely.

Looking inside from the balcony:

Frump Selfie!

STACEY!

Pretty soon everyone was in the villa and we all unpacked and then headed down to the lobby.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #250
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 22: Down on The Boardwalk & Off to The Grand!

August 23rd, 2012

We went through the lobby and down to The Boardwalk!

Simply delightful!

It was a beautiful day to be in my favorite place!

Beautiful!

We checked out the pool area too! Fabulous!

I'm obsessed with this picture. I LOVE those red tables and chairs, the beautiful blue water and the YaCHt Club in the background.

Perfection.

We headed into the bakery to snatch some sweet treats!

We brought them outside and enjoyed the view while we snacked!

-Ariel voice- Have you ever seen anything so wonderful!?

Mum got a yummy chocolate eclair!

I got my favorite, a blueberry Mickey muffin!

Bliss.

There was a bleached Mickey on The Boardwalk the whole time we were there! Love it!

I went in the Screen Door and bought a Boardwalk postcard to send to Allie and the Units!

I mailed it in this convenient letter box in the lobby!

Back up to the villa!

This afternoon was our girls' tea at the Grand Floridian, so we took a bus to Magic Kingdom and hopped on the Monorail!

Hello Poly! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

THE GRAND IS SO FREAKING WONDERFUL.

Mrs. Potts and Chip greeted us!

Oh how I long to stay here.

Like why are you so perf?

We checked in and it was time for tea!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #251
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 23: Tea for Three!

August 23rd, 2012

We were seated at a lovely little table in the middle of the restaurant.

Glad that girl posed for the picture.

My favorite people!

Menu!

Just having a Brit moment! (Always.)

The strawberries and cream were right behind me. SO TEMPTING.

Sarah ordered the Mrs. Potts Tea! It came with a tuna salad sandwich, a ham & cheese, and a PB&J.

I'm almost positive that we all had the Mad Hatter tea, which is a blend of passion fruit, pomegranate, and vanilla. DELICIOUS.

Pretty soon our sandwiches came too!

Mum and I had the Buckingham Palace tea, which comes with five SO YUMMY tea sandwiches and an onion tartlet crafted by the angels.

HELLO GORGEOUS, UH I MEAN FLAWLESS.

The sandwiches were pear and gorgonzola, watercress, egg salad, and other delicious British-y types of love.

They were perfect. I wish there were more.

I also wish I could have a whole box of onion tartlets because those are magic beyond compare. Truly Heavenly.

We also each received a jam tart and a scone, which were perfect!

Desserts:

Swan Apple Tarts, a fruit tart, and a chocolate covered strawberry! All delectable.

We also got a bowl of Strawberries and Cream to share! YUMMMM!

It was a lovely afternoon to share with my two favorite people in the world! We love having tea, and it's become one of the things we look forward to most on our trips.

After tea, I changed in the GF lobby bathroom by 1900 Park Fare and then we caught the Avengerail to MK!

We met Dad in Tomorrowland, rode Buzz, and then got smoothies from Auntie Gravity's!

I got Cappuccino and everyone else got pineapple/tropical.

We drank our smoothies and enjoyed the Tomorrowland ambience, and then took a spin on the TTA!

Afterward, we got Space FP's and went to the Carousel of Progress, followed by the Laugh Floor!

Celia's at the Laugh Floor!

I was wearing my Donald Duck Disney Bound shirt, so maybe that's why, but I got up on the Laugh Floor screen before the show!!! It was like "Thinks everyone is looking at her."

LOL.

I really didn't think that but I'll take it! It was so awesome!

After the Laugh Floor hilarity we used our Space Fastpasses and then headed out of the park and hopped on the resort monorail!

You see, we were going to Chef Mickey's and didn't want Sarah to know! Teheh.

We told her we were going to Kona and had some time to kill so we were going to walk around the Contemporary.

We explored the Fantasia shop and I took a picture with Donald with my shirt, and Dad made Eeyore photobomb.

Fart Shoes.

We left the shop and told Sarah we were going to Chef Mickey's! She was so excited!

We checked in and were seated almost immediately. Donald came by right away and was so excited about my shirt and bow and my Donald Disney Bound! I'm a true fan.

Mickey stopped by right after that! I love me some Mickey Mouse!

Happy Frump!

We were served drinks and Eeyore and Tigger jumped on those. They were QUITE thirsty!

It was time to head up to the buffet!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #252
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 24: Celebrate with Mickey Mouse!

August 23rd, 2012

FOOD TIME!

I have no idea whose is whose, all I know is that everything that's Mickey shaped is delicious and everyone agreed that the mashed potatoes are divine.

That last plate is totally mine. It's got me written all over it.

I totally don't think we ate enough.

Our neighbor had a Carlo's Bakery shirt! Snipe!

Minnie Mouse came by to say hello!

Minnie is Mom's favorite, and she was so happy to see her!

Sarah and I were celebrating our birthdays, and Pluto came to sing to us!

Blowing out the candles on our cupcakes!

Goofy came by last! He's my favorite! We're both such Frumps.

Dad loves Goof too!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #253
BibbidiBonnie
Earning My Ears

AHH YAY. Updates from my favorite frump!
I think every time I read this DR I gain weight. Everything looks mighty tasty, I want it all.
I've read all of your TRs and I just wanted to tell you how much I love them! You are so pretty, hilarious, sweet, disney obsessed, and you seem so loving (the way you talk about your family and friends!)! I'm loving this latest DR from you!
I hope you have a wonderful MEGA trip to the best place on Earth! I look forward to your copious photos and tweets! <3

My Twitter & Instagram: @bibbidibonnie

BibbidiBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #254
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 25: Top of the World!

August 23rd, 2012

We were having so much fun!

Dessert!

After dinner, we said goodbye to all our Fab Five pals and took the walkway over to Bay Lake Tower for the first time ever!

I was instantly in love.

YEAH THAT'S MONORAIL ARTWORK SO I MEAN I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO CONTINUE TO CONVINCE ANYONE.

But here's Briar Rose and her handsome Prince Philip:

We headed up to the Top of the World Lounge to watch Wishes!

Love that chandelier.

CONTEMPORARY LOVE.

The Magic, the Memories, and You started soon!

YEAH THAT'S ARIEL ON THE CASTLE. Summer version = perf.

LANTERNS ARE BEAUTIFUL I LOVE THEM.

Tangled. Stop being so perfect. Humanity doesn't know how to handle it.

Wishes time! They pipe in the music and everything!

The Fantasia part is so fab.

On the way back over to the Contemporary, we saw the Electrical Water Pageant on Bay Lake!

What a night!

We took the Monorail back over to MK and went to the MOBBED bus stop, where the Boardwalk/Swan & Dolphin stop had a line like I've never seen! We decided to get in the much shorter Yacht & Beach line, where we only waited a few minutes.

We got off the bus at the Yacht Club and walked back over to The Boardwalk, where we called it a night.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 11-03-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #255
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidiBonnie View Post
AHH YAY. Updates from my favorite frump!
I think every time I read this DR I gain weight. Everything looks mighty tasty, I want it all.
I've read all of your TRs and I just wanted to tell you how much I love them! You are so pretty, hilarious, sweet, disney obsessed, and you seem so loving (the way you talk about your family and friends!)! I'm loving this latest DR from you!
I hope you have a wonderful MEGA trip to the best place on Earth! I look forward to your copious photos and tweets! <3
Hooray! I think I do too.

Thank you so much! You're so sweet. This just made my day. I do love my family and friends more than anything!

Thank you!! I hope we'll have a grand ol' time! There will be plenty!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: