Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #226
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I love this dining TR... Enjoy your vacation, looking forward to your updates when you return!
Thank you so much!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #227
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Yay!! Kristen I'm so excited for your trip[. I have a feeling I will see you in Disneyland. I mean, it's way smaller than WDW right? As far as tips for 4th of July, just be prepared to be around huge crowds all day. It will be hot, there will be lots of intoxicated people too. I would bring bottles of water and don't drive. It would be better to take the metro (which will be really crowded too). BUt it is totally an awesome experience. Really great fireworks! Have a blast -Amanda
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #228
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Wonderful reviews!

I actually ate at the Turf Club- my friend was staying there and it worked out to meet her there for lunch! Loved the service!

Enjoy your trip to DL!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #229
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Yay!! Kristen I'm so excited for your trip[. I have a feeling I will see you in Disneyland. I mean, it's way smaller than WDW right? As far as tips for 4th of July, just be prepared to be around huge crowds all day. It will be hot, there will be lots of intoxicated people too. I would bring bottles of water and don't drive. It would be better to take the metro (which will be really crowded too). BUt it is totally an awesome experience. Really great fireworks! Have a blast -Amanda
This is true! Be sure to say hello! Our hotel is actually right on the mall or whatever, so we'll be walking everywhere. I think we'll avoid being outside in the afternoons at all costs. Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Wonderful reviews!

I actually ate at the Turf Club- my friend was staying there and it worked out to meet her there for lunch! Loved the service!

Enjoy your trip to DL!
Thank you!

It was really great!

Thanks!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #230
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I am just joining along, and all caught up. Great review!!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #231
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Just read your dining review so far, first review I've read of yours. I tried to start one of the first ones but it said 64 pages, and thats a lot of reading! haha. This is kind of a random question but to my surprise I didn't see anyone else ask but did you get your nails done or do them yourself? And do you happen to have a picture of them? I could only see a few from pictures and they looked super cute! I enjoy getting my nails done and am always looking for fun designs to get done before disney.
kanadar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #232
littleorangebird
Practically Perfect in Every Way ♕

I'm just joining in and I'm all caught up!! Great Review so far! I'm craving Disney food right now haha

littleorangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #233
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there Kristen! I hope you are enjoying Vegas about now. Well, specifically Monsters University! They were handing out buttons promoting the movie yesterday at the DL.

Getting caught up here...
Your soup at Plaza restaurant - oh my gosh! You're killin' me since that looks awesome. I need to try and squeeze that in.

Turf Club - I have to say although I didn't like it when we went over a year ago, I'm willing to try something twice to give it the benefit of the doubt. I see they have prime rib which is a tough find in WDW.

Yay for Splash Mountain front row which confirms what the signs say - you WILL get wet! (At least with my luck. Like the first time we met I was a soaking wet mess!)

I love Woody and Jessie! Such cute photos. (Love Sarah's bow. That looks familiar!)

Looking forward to seeing if we can say hi to each other at DL next week. BTW: You have your priorities straight making sure you get on RSR! Hint: Single Rider Line is your friend. Em and I do that and are in the same car about 75% of the time.

Enjoy the rest of your Vegas trip.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #234
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Yikes - I fell woefully behind. But I am all caught up now!

First, have a great trip!!!!!!!

Second, thanks for all the wonderful reviews, pics, and thoughts. I am really enjoying your reviews and look forward to more! Especially BoG!
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #235
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

The sandwiches at Plaza look delicious! I have a ressie there on Sunday and I'm looking forward to trying it!

Never made it to Turf Club yet but the pasta dish looks really good.

And WOOHOO for Disneyland!! I've never been but I'm hoping to get out there within the next few years, so I will definitely be looking forward to your TR on that!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #236
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yum to your Sanaa review! My husband and I absolutely adore that place although we were devastated when they took off the shrimp in green curry sauce. We're still mourning that loss, and it was one of those things that they didn't give a recipe for so there isn't even a chance of recreating it at home.

I never really looked at the Grand Floridian Cafe before, but those meals look delectable! I like having shrimp whenever possible since it's one thing I don't make at home so to me, it's such a treat. Your shrimp and grits look delicious. I just watched a Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives yesterday where Guy Fieri had shrimp and grits, and I'm so interested in having that combo!

Haha, I totally got your "no more 8:30 shows" thing! When we passed by last week, we commented on it when we saw the times board in front of Indy!

Loving your updates about your current trip!

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (Disneymoon TR in progress)
Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #237
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am just joining along, and all caught up. Great review!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar View Post
Just read your dining review so far, first review I've read of yours. I tried to start one of the first ones but it said 64 pages, and thats a lot of reading! haha. This is kind of a random question but to my surprise I didn't see anyone else ask but did you get your nails done or do them yourself? And do you happen to have a picture of them? I could only see a few from pictures and they looked super cute! I enjoy getting my nails done and am always looking for fun designs to get done before disney.
I do them myself! These are the ones from my most recent WDW trip in May/June:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleorangebird View Post
I'm just joining in and I'm all caught up!! Great Review so far! I'm craving Disney food right now haha
Thank you! So am I hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there Kristen! I hope you are enjoying Vegas about now. Well, specifically Monsters University! They were handing out buttons promoting the movie yesterday at the DL.

Getting caught up here...
Your soup at Plaza restaurant - oh my gosh! You're killin' me since that looks awesome. I need to try and squeeze that in.

That soup was SO GOOD.

Turf Club - I have to say although I didn't like it when we went over a year ago, I'm willing to try something twice to give it the benefit of the doubt. I see they have prime rib which is a tough find in WDW.

Yay for Splash Mountain front row which confirms what the signs say - you WILL get wet! (At least with my luck. Like the first time we met I was a soaking wet mess!)

It is! I definitely enjoyed it a lot.

Hahah you weren't a mess at all! But yes, you do get quite wet!

I love Woody and Jessie! Such cute photos. (Love Sarah's bow. That looks familiar!)

Looking forward to seeing if we can say hi to each other at DL next week. BTW: You have your priorities straight making sure you get on RSR! Hint: Single Rider Line is your friend. Em and I do that and are in the same car about 75% of the time.

Enjoy the rest of your Vegas trip.
Yes! We share it. They were so cute.

So sorry I didn't see you at DL! Definitely at WDW though! We did do SR though. Much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Yikes - I fell woefully behind. But I am all caught up now!

First, have a great trip!!!!!!!

Second, thanks for all the wonderful reviews, pics, and thoughts. I am really enjoying your reviews and look forward to more! Especially BoG!
You are very welcome! Be Our Guest will show up in my December TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
The sandwiches at Plaza look delicious! I have a ressie there on Sunday and I'm looking forward to trying it!

Never made it to Turf Club yet but the pasta dish looks really good.

And WOOHOO for Disneyland!! I've never been but I'm hoping to get out there within the next few years, so I will definitely be looking forward to your TR on that!
They were! I loved it!

Sarah really enjoyed that, though it was way too much for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Yum to your Sanaa review! My husband and I absolutely adore that place although we were devastated when they took off the shrimp in green curry sauce. We're still mourning that loss, and it was one of those things that they didn't give a recipe for so there isn't even a chance of recreating it at home.

I never really looked at the Grand Floridian Cafe before, but those meals look delectable! I like having shrimp whenever possible since it's one thing I don't make at home so to me, it's such a treat. Your shrimp and grits look delicious. I just watched a Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives yesterday where Guy Fieri had shrimp and grits, and I'm so interested in having that combo!

Haha, I totally got your "no more 8:30 shows" thing! When we passed by last week, we commented on it when we saw the times board in front of Indy!

Loving your updates about your current trip!
Ah I know! So sad it's gone!

That dish was so delicious! I loooove Southern food, so grits were a nice treat.

Yes! Hahahah that vid is HILARIOUS.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 07-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #238
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Hey there y'all! I'll be posting updates soon but first I wanted to link you all to the TR from the Frump Reunion trip! Maggie has it up and running, so if you haven't found it already, you can find it HERE! I hope you enjoy her wit and comedic brilliance as much as I do! Enjoy!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 07-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #239
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Cute! I wish I was able to do that but I'm pretty sure they would just end up looking like a hot mess haha. LOVE the monorail one!
kanadar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #240
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Joining in! I know I'm late, but I can't miss out on another frump TR, especially a DR. Literally, due to your food raving/reviews (this one mostly pertains to you, Kristen), Schoolbread is at the top of my list for Disney snacks I must try so now I gotta see what your opinion is of the new food options coming to the world (although this was from last year...). Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Sanaa to give it a TWO PART update! Love that place! Can't wait to read more!

P.S. Hope you had a great time on your bicoastal escapade! Excited to hear about your return trip to DLR! (:

PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: