Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Honeymoon Lovers and Seafood Lovers take on Disney Dining! - dining plan analysis

I'm so excited to be able to start my first dining review! So first, a bit about us...

I'm Becky, 23, and I'm currently a grad student studying library science. In terms of food, I used to be mostly a chicken gal til I met Jason, whose family does a lot of seafood. Now I'm a seafood lover, especially shrimp! I'm also a huge pasta lover, but I'm picky about sauces - I don't like Alfredo and sometimes don't like red sauce depending on how it's done.

My new husband is Jason, 22, and he's a software developer. He's also a seafood lover but enjoys everything, and likes to have some good steak once in awhile!

In these reviews you'll see lots of the seafood options, but there are lots dishes as well that we ordered!

We were married on Sept. 3rd, 2011, and left the next day to go to Disney for the honeymoon! We were there for eight nights. Here's a picture from the wedding:

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and were on the Disney Dining Plan (since we had gotten it for free), but we paid for a few meals out of pocket so we could do a table service every day including a few signatures. Here's the run down of where we ate:

Earl of Sandwich
Narcoossee's
Columbia Harbour House
Cinderella's Royal Table
Wishes Dessert Party
Sunshine Seasons
Coral Reef
1900 Park Fare
Boardwalk Bakery
Kouzzina
Pizza Planet
Sci-Fi Dine In
Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe (counter service)
T-REX
Chefs de France
World Showcase Snacks / Wine Walk
Akershus
Riverside Mill Food Court - lunch
Tony's Town Square
Riverside Mill Food Court - Breakfast
Dining Plan Analysis
Best/Worst Meals and Restaurants

Last edited by librarygeek; 12-14-2011 at 04:08 PM.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Nairnyn
Mouseketeer

We're going on our honeymoon in November/December, so I can't wait to hear about your experience!

11/99: BWI; 10/05: Off property; 4/06: Off property; 10/06: SSR; 12/06: ASMovies; 12/07: ASMusic;
3/08: ASMovies; 12/08: Off property; 9/09: ASMovies; 1/10: Pop; 3/11: POR; 12/11: POR; 10/12-11/12: ASMusic
Nairnyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! You two look so cute together. I hope you had tons of tasty food so you can share some great reviews with us

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

SO excited to hear about your honeymoon Becky!!

You ate at a lot of places that are on my honeymoon plans so I am looking forward to hearing all about them!!

Ready when you are Mrs.!!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairnyn View Post
We're going on our honeymoon in November/December, so I can't wait to hear about your experience!
Congratulations!! I hope you have a great honeymoon trip, I know we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
You guys are so cute! Hope you had a great time and cannot wait to read all about it
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Congratulations! You two look so cute together. I hope you had tons of tasty food so you can share some great reviews with us
Thanks so much - we definitely had lots of great food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
SO excited to hear about your honeymoon Becky!!

You ate at a lot of places that are on my honeymoon plans so I am looking forward to hearing all about them!!

Ready when you are Mrs.!!!
Yay! You'll have to let me know which places you're eating at too - we liked almost every place we went to so that's a good sign!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Earl of Sandwich

We arrived at Disney around 1 o'clock, checked into Port Orleans Riverside, and decided to take the boat over to DTD! Because for our counter service meal today there was really no question for the two of us about where we would go... Earl of Sandwich!

Jason and I feel this is the best CS meal on property that we've tried. Their sandwiches are delicious. I really like their portion sizes, because they don't stuff you silly. We were on the DP but getting dessert with every meal really made me feel overly full.

For my meal I ordered the Caprese (Fresh Mozzarella, Roma Tomatoes, Fresh Basil & Drizzled Balsamic Vinaigrette). I've gotten this style of sandwich before at other places and I love it, so of course I had to try it here.

I gave it a 9 out of 10. The only reason why it lost a point was because it needed a little more of the sauce, and wasn't quite as good as my favorite place that I go to for a Caprese. It was still really tasty though.

Unfortunately I hadn't had good eating habits the past few days (due to nerves on the wedding day, I only had dinner the day before and no other meals), so my stomach couldn't handle too much food. I only ate about 2/3 of it and Jason finished the rest.

Jason ordered the Earl's Club (Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Aged Swiss, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes & Sandwich Sauce):

He really, really enjoyed this, giving it a 9.5 out of 10. The only reason for the half point lost was because he said "there's always room for improvement." He doesn't like giving perfect scores.

For our dessert credits we had these:

I think Jason's was a strawberry shortcake cup, and mine was fresh fruit cup. I saved the fruit for an hour or two later, but I found it was really fresh and sweet.

Overall we give the Earl of Sandwich experience a strong 9.5 out of 10! A must do in DTD!

We used two CS credits, but here are the prices if anyone's interested:

Caprese - $5.99
Earl's Club - $5.99
Fruit Cup - $2.49
Strawberry shortcake cup - $2.49
I don't recall the exact prices of the sodas (when you use the DP they give you a receipt with everything listed as $0), but I would guess they were around $1.99 and we each got one

Total (not including tax): $20.94
Old 09-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

You two are so darn cute and young and happy and young and joyous and young...did I mention young??? So much time ahead!!

I wish you the best future. Take time for these trips to regenerate your love often!

Excited for your reviews!!!
Dizneydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Well hello my dear friend. Welcome back, I am so excited to read your reviews. We are booking soon for our anniversary and I need to get my list going Now seeing yours I am reminded that I have still have the final day of my review to finish I know I am ridiculous! Can't wait to here your experiences and congratz to you once again dearest!

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I'm in
Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your marriage! My husband and I are spending our 20th anniversary at Disney later this year and will definitely visit the Earl of Sandwich. I agree it is probably the best CS place on property.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your reviews!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on getting married ! I look forward to reading your reviews.

Me (Melissa), 37 Mark,39 Elizabeth 3 Emily, 11 months
want2bamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Congrats on your wedding!

I think the sodas at Earl's are $1.99, I paid OOP for one and a sandwich the other day, and my total was $8 and some change, so $1.99 sounds right. I have my receipt somewhere, I can check it when - if - I find it.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #15
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran

Hiiii! I'm here! =] Finally have a second to sit down so I can read up! =]

Love Earl of Sandwich as well! And the Caprese is a favorite of mine as well! Love Love Love it! Especially from there. Yummy!

Cannot wait to see more of your yumminess for your dining! Since I'm not going to Disney World for a bit, I'm going to vicariously live thru your dining review!

fairytale comes true

member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: