Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Slapshot1188
Earning My Ears

Summer discount rates are out

Florida Resident and APH rates are available for Summer months now. Just booked June 16th-18th Portofino Bay (Bay View) for $239/nt

Rates were the same for FL and APH.

Also available is Royal Pacific Water View for $229/nt
Slapshot1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
drinkme
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I just rebooked and got Portofino Bay Jul 30- Aug 3
$240 for the 3 nights
$260 for the last night

WooHoooo!!!
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Slapshot1188
Earning My Ears

Yeah I was planning on Royal Pacific but when I saw Portofino Bay for $10 more I just had to take it. I'm just having some second thoughts now that I realize the Portofino is a decent hike from the parks. I was looking forward to a nice short stroll to and from the hotel each day...

I know they have the water taxi but I assume they will be packed early in the AM during mid June when I am going...

Decisions, Decisions...
Slapshot1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
mlwolcott1
Earning My Ears

I just changed from RPH to Portofino with APH rates for July DW is excited as this where she anted to stay originally
April 1994 - Port Orleans / Dec 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / Dec 1997 - Boardwalk Inn / Dec 2007 - All Star Movies / Dec 2008 - Contemporary / July 2010 - Contemporary / Dec 2011 - Boardwalk Villas / July 2013 - AKL Villas & Dolphin / July 2014 - Wilderness Lodge /
mlwolcott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i just got off the phone with reservations.

TM said the AP rates are out thru August 3rd.

my ressie is in october.
TM said the AP fall dates may come out the end of this month.
hopefully it will so i can modify my rate then.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Princessmom2
Mouseketeer

I just happened to call today to get a room for one night August 15 and found out the Florida resident rates were out-mine was $244 a night for Portofino or $234 a night for Royal Pacific, so definitely went with Portofino, my favorite! And the walk is only 10 minutes (15 minutes if going really slow) to the parks-you can always ride the boat!

I was excited! Much better than the rack rates. . . .
Princessmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
ATAfamily
"We can stay up late swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"

I was just able to adjust my rate at PBH for 7/16-7/24 from $288/night to $244/night in a Bay View room. When I asked to be upgraded to a Deluxe room because we have gold status as a Ufirst member I was told a deluxe wasn't available at the APH rate so I couldn't get the upgrade, but I disagree because it shows it available on-line. I will try to call again tomorrow. Our main reason for staying there is to get the upgraded room which is great for us seeing we have three teenagers.

Deanne
ATAfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot1188 View Post
Florida Resident and APH rates are available for Summer months now. Just booked June 16th-18th Portofino Bay (Bay View) for $239/nt

Rates were the same for FL and APH.

Also available is Royal Pacific Water View for $229/nt
Thanks but no rates for my June stay 21-24
Looks like they are all sold out at this time

I did get the special rate at PBH from the day light savings time fiasco so really no biggie . Just wanted to see if we could anything better at RPH but it is only $10 less for the first 2 nights. Sunday is the bad night right now, must be something going on that week.

Last edited by mjohnson96; 04-10-2013 at 09:43 PM.
mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
KandyM
Mouseketeer

I just got APH rates for August 15-18 at RPR, but I had to upgrade to water view. Is there any chance more standard rooms will open up later? Is it worth checking back every couple of days?
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #10
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
I just got APH rates for August 15-18 at RPR, but I had to upgrade to water view. Is there any chance more standard rooms will open up later? Is it worth checking back every couple of days?
i called a couple of times and the TM's told me august 3rd was the last day they had for ap rates.

now i need to call back tomorrow and see if anything changed from when i talked to them earlier today.
not a big deal.
never a long wait to talk to a TM.

i already booked a king suite at rph and know the ap rates would be lower than what i am paying.

the past two years i did modify my ressies to the ap rates when they came out.

usually, only a certain number of rooms are alloted for the ap discounts.

if the occupancy level is low for the ressie dates you have, they could open up more rooms with the discounted rate.
you can also call back to check.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot1188 View Post
Yeah I was planning on Royal Pacific but when I saw Portofino Bay for $10 more I just had to take it. I'm just having some second thoughts now that I realize the Portofino is a decent hike from the parks. I was looking forward to a nice short stroll to and from the hotel each day...
I didn't really feel that the walk from RPR was *that* much shorter than the walk from PBH. One gets you to IOA quicker, and the other gets you to US quicker. The PBR walk puts you on the park side of the river, even, while the walk from RPR requires you to cross the bridge.

PBH is gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
When approaching our February trip I was checking just about every day. The website (this is the exact one I use) is so dynamic that it constantly showed cancelations, etc. I would check one day and EVERYTHING was sold out...the next day other rooms showed up. I cannot remember if they showed up with APH rates, but the *rooms* did at the very least. I would keep on checking.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #12
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Nothing yet for our trip over July 4th at RPR.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
KandyM
Mouseketeer

[/QUOTE] When approaching our February trip I was checking just about every day. The website (this is the exact one I use) is so dynamic that it constantly showed cancelations, etc. I would check one day and EVERYTHING was sold out...the next day other rooms showed up. I cannot remember if they showed up with APH rates, but the *rooms* did at the very least. I would keep on checking.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I will keep on checking then! That is a great site, that is where I noticed the APH for my dates last night.
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
ultimate_ed
Mouseketeer

Nice find. Looks like I can same a bit more off the SMSM rate that I've booked and get the other discount benefits of the AP.

So, what's the best way to handle changning my reservation? Cancel online and book the new one, or call in and get my current reservation reworked?

Also, I now face another choice - I can basically keep the same price at the Royal Pacific, or for about another $50 total, move to Portifino Bay. I like the prospect of a bigger room as I know we'll be coming back for mid day breaks, but I notice it is appears to be a good distance away from the parts compared to the other hotels.

What do the Portifino fans thinks of the walk from there?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_ed View Post

What do the Portifino fans thinks of the walk from there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I didn't really feel that the walk from RPR was *that* much shorter than the walk from PBH. One gets you to IOA quicker, and the other gets you to US quicker. The PBR walk puts you on the park side of the river, even, while the walk from RPR requires you to cross the bridge.

I should add that our RPR stay was the very first time we were at Universal, and everything was just brand new to us. I could have things skewed in my head a bit.

But I walked from Portofino one morning, and it just didn't feel like that long a trip. And it puts you on the park side of the waterway, no bridges needed to be crossed. Which is nice.

(all boats require you to cross a bridge, by the way...the boats all dock at the same place in Citywalk)

Cannot wait for AP rates to hit early October! IF they hit then, that is.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: