Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #391
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baugus4 View Post
Good Morning Marathoners
Less than 2 weeks now!!!
My daughter and I where planning on wearing a small pouch and bib holder combo by Fitletic. We read somewhere (can't remember where )
that Disney requires your bib to be attached at all four corners. Is this true?
We are first timers. Sorry for the dumb question but with the way the combo attaches at your waist and hangs down from your waist there is no way to attach the bib at the bottom.
Thanks for your feedback!!
No one would check your bib to ensure all four corners are pinned. I imagine they state that simply because they can fall off...though not likely. However one race I was in it down poured throughout the whole race...I mean it was like taking a high powered outside shower it was so fast and furious...and bibs were falling off left right and center. Mine was pined on all corners and managed to hang on by one pin at the end...so really its more that sort of concern.
After that, I always made sure my bib was pinned on all corners...but aside from that... I don't know any other reason...just for security.
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #392
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good Morning Marathoners
Less than 2 weeks now!!!
My daughter and I where planning on wearing a small pouch and bib holder combo by Fitletic. We read somewhere (can't remember where )
We are first timers. Sorry for the dumb question but with the way the combo attaches at your waist and hangs down from your waist there is no way to attach the bib at the bottom.
I think the instructions also say it must be pinned to your shirt too. I have used a Fitletic belt with toggles to hold my race number in other Disney races and have had no problems. I also pin it with two pins to be extra safe. Also I carry extra safety pins just in case I am told it must be on my shirt.
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #393
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
Woke up the other day with some mild SI discomfort, saw my chiropractor and figured all would be good, so I went out and ran the 10. I think that was a bad idea cuz my back is killing me now. Going to have to head back to the chiro a couple times this week and hope it improves soon! but I think I may have to back off running until it gets better and I had hoped for one more long run before the 1/2. Freaking out! Tell me it will be ok! I had high hopes for this race and do not want to have to bail

don't freak out and don't bail unless you really really have to. You have a plan, you have something that works, and your chiro is available! Mine, the stinker, is in Mexico until January 6th. Augh. So you're lucky lucky in that respect. Just keep seeing him, rest, etc etc. (when I say to rest I am not giving you advice on if you should do a long run again...I just think you should rest after your adjustment)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #394
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

for TOT, i had my bib pinned to my belt. it was only pinned at the top of the bib, but i also had all four pins on it in case i needed to move it to my tank top.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #395
sanapunk
Kahtkateer
Me number one kite flier!

I know this is kind of last minute, but is anyone looking for a room for the races? I will be there from thurs-mon at pop and have a free bed! Willing to split up days too if a local just wants to be close to the start! PM me!

Who's the driver of the kaht that's made for you and me? V-A-R-L-E-Y B-A-W-B!!
sanapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #396
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

FWIW, I've worn my bib pinned to my belt (because Disney makes odd-shaped bibs that won't fit the bib holders already on my belt - argh!) for almost every race I've done. I've never seen or heard anyone have a problem with that. I did pin down a third corner to my skirt once, when it seemed a little windy.

They do specify that your bib needs to go on your front, not your back, unlike some races. This helps with checking them for corral entrance and provides ID for sorting official race photos.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #397
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
FWIW, I've worn my bib pinned to my belt (because Disney makes odd-shaped bibs that won't fit the bib holders already on my belt - argh!) for almost every race I've done. I've never seen or heard anyone have a problem with that. I did pin down a third corner to my skirt once, when it seemed a little windy.

They do specify that your bib needs to go on your front, not your back, unlike some races. This helps with checking them for corral entrance and provides ID for sorting official race photos.
It also helps for photos...OR...do they know who you are because your bib has a chip in it that somehow coincides with photos? Geeze...but I always wear mine up front for photos.
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #398
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofeygirl View Post
It also helps for photos...OR...do they know who you are because your bib has a chip in it that somehow coincides with photos? Geeze...but I always wear mine up front for photos.
Nope, it goes by bib # - must have some computer program that can sort out the numbers. Except... last year, one of the bib designs didn't have enough color variation between the numbers and background and a bunch of pics wound up in the Lost & Found! I'm sure that lesson was learned, lol!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #399
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

My son and I leave for Orlando this Saturday! My piles of "this has to go in my carryon" are getting bigger. They can't ALL go in my carryon. Oh wait, I have DS's carryon, too. Bwa ha ha….

Found some green CEP compression socks that could be delivered quickly (thank you amazon) which is helping to solidify the color shirt I'll be wearing with my black shorts. Oh I'll be styling!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #400
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

don't freak out and don't bail unless you really really have to. You have a plan, you have something that works, and your chiro is available! Mine, the stinker, is in Mexico until January 6th. Augh. So you're lucky lucky in that respect. Just keep seeing him, rest, etc etc. (when I say to rest I am not giving you advice on if you should do a long run again...I just think you should rest after your adjustment)
thanks for the reassurance! I went to the chiro yesterday and I do feel a little better. Going again on Friday, then next week at least once. We leave on Wednesday night to stay at the airport for an early flight to MCO on Thursday morning! Going to run 3-5 miles today and see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
My son and I leave for Orlando this Saturday! My piles of "this has to go in my carryon" are getting bigger. They can't ALL go in my carryon. Oh wait, I have DS's carryon, too. Bwa ha ha….

Found some green CEP compression socks that could be delivered quickly (thank you amazon) which is helping to solidify the color shirt I'll be wearing with my black shorts. Oh I'll be styling!
DO you run with the compression socks on or do you wear them after running? I've been contemplating trying some but haven't decided whether to wear them during or after yet.
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #401
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

question re: spectator viewing points ( I apologize if this has already been addressed in this thread, I couldn't find any info here about it but may have overlooked it!)
In the official race guide, it has some viewing points listed for spectators. For the viewing pointss at The Contemporary, Grand FLoridian and Polynesian, it says for guests staying at those properties. Is it possible for other spectators go to those viewing points as well even if they are not staying at those resorts? I was debating having DH and the kids go to the TTC or the Poly to watch (I'm pretty sure they won't go into MK as I have read it is pretty crowded and difficult to see your runner)
Thoughts?
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #402
MightyDuck001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good Morning Marathoners
Less than 2 weeks now!!!
I pinned it to my tutu for tower of terror--the problem with only pinning two or pinning it to something like that is that it wasn't easily visible while I was running.

I had a lot of marathonfoto people yelling at me, "WE CAN'T SEE YOUR NUMBER!!!!"
MightyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #403
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DO you run with the compression socks on or do you wear them after running? I've been contemplating trying some but haven't decided whether to wear them during or after yet.
I only just bought calf sleeves with the intention of wearing them after. I had noticed how yummy my legs felt when I simply put knee socks on, and figured the compression would be better. The sleeves were, indeed, better.

Then on my last long run it was super-cold, and I'm not used to running in the morning and was looking to be out for 3:30 at least, so I put them on for the run and wowza did they feel nice. The only thing that bugged me was the gap between sock and sleeve, so I figured I'd get a sock. My feet haven't been overly picky about what sort of wicking-type of sock I wear, so I'm hoping that doesn't bite me in the rear, LOL. *

Yesterday I finally found (locally) the ClifShot Electrolyte Hydration lemon/lime powder. I had signed up for a Clif Pace Team for the Half and they sent a box with some samples, and that was in there. But by the time I tried it it was too late to order it! Thankfully I found last night that the local bike shop sells it. So if anyone needs some, I have a big pouch with 20 servings in it, and I'll be bringing little ziptop bags! Find me at the Expo; my redhead son and I will be there bright and early on the 8th. (now that I have the stuff I'm sure the Clif vendors will be selling it&will be just my luck!**)

*apparently I have a tradition for trying nearly-new things at races, despite being a firm believer in NOTHING NEW AT A RACE. For me, this seems to only apply to things I'll be eating and drinking. I don't think that anyone should be trying anything new. Even though I sort of am. Time keeps running out on this new runner!

**Also, speaking of things I could probably find at the Expo, I saw in the program that CEP will actually be there at the Expo, so they will probably be selling exactly what I just stressed out over&just my luck, but of course if I had assumed they would have what I needed, it would be the opposite luck, right?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #404
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
question re: spectator viewing points ( I apologize if this has already been addressed in this thread, I couldn't find any info here about it but may have overlooked it!)
In the official race guide, it has some viewing points listed for spectators. For the viewing pointss at The Contemporary, Grand FLoridian and Polynesian, it says for guests staying at those properties. Is it possible for other spectators go to those viewing points as well even if they are not staying at those resorts? I was debating having DH and the kids go to the TTC or the Poly to watch (I'm pretty sure they won't go into MK as I have read it is pretty crowded and difficult to see your runner)
Thoughts?

My wife did this last year. She viewed me at the T&T then went throught the Poly walkway to the road where the half went through. She was then able to see me there and then was able to get back to the finish line to see me again there. I ran a 2 hour half marathon. I don't think she had much of a wait when getting back on the monorail to head to the finish line. That could be the only hangup in the plan. It depends on when you start and how fast you run, but they should be able to definitely see you at T&T and the other side of the Poly.

Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #405
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do run with compression socks because of an injury and it does help! In fact, my favorite brand is CEP. I will also take another pair to wear after the race.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: