Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #316
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Looks like I'm pretty much in the middle with corral H. My BIL who didn't submit a time ended up in K. Sound like they're pretty random with folks who don't submit times. I've seen everything from K to P.

How long between corral starts? Is it 5 mins?
I'm in H too. What did you submit for a proof of time?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #317
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

I'm in corral K and my husband is in L, which I'm not super thrilled about. I registered us at the same time and put the same estimated finish time of 3:15. Neither of us submitted proof of time.

I don't want to drop back a corral (I was swept during the marathon last year--put allll the room possible between me and the balloon ladies, please) so he's just going to plan to catch up with me. Fingers crossed this isn't a disaster! I can run this thing on my own, I'd just prefer not to!
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #318
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
What folks who do not know John should know here is that sub-2:08 had no running in it at all

Well done.
So you're saying he's quite the speed walker? lol
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #319
lornak
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone finding the corral info? I'm sure someone has already posted what I need but I can't find it!! TIA!
lornak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #320
wdwjoe13
Earning My Ears

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...lfMarathon.pdf

It is on the Runner Info section of Rundisney
wdwjoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #321
CatherineC
Earning My Ears

Looking for a bit of advice...

Donald will be my first half. I started training in August. I've run a couple of 6mi, 2- 8mi, a 9.5, and my short runs have been usually 3-5miles. My base mileage varies between 15-25miles usually. My friend and I decided to switch to the disney beginner training schedule for the last 6 weeks of training. We had planned to do a 9.5, 11, and a 12.5 for the last three long runs. Unfortunately I spent the night before the 9.5 in the ER with my 88 yr old grandma followed by the next 11 days with her in the hospital. In that time I got really sick with ear, nose, throat problems, but I'm finally well now. I had a severe allergic reaction to the hand sanitizer at the hospital (including the bottoms of my feet swelling). And then last Saturday, it iced and when I stepped down out of the car my right leg came right out from under me, and I busted my butt! I strained the top of my hamstring where it meets the glutes and then of course the direct center of my right glute. I am feeling no pain from my hamstring anymore. I'm having mild discomfort in the right glute. Some mild pain when climbing the stairs. We are suppose to do a long run Sunday (or possibly Monday). On Sunday it will be day 9 since my fall. And it will have been 12 days since I ran a short run. So any advice on whether I should do the long run or not? I haven't tried any short running as I thought I should give it the most time I can to heal. If I don't run I can wait a few more days and run on the treadmill alone, and then our final long run will be Jan 28th. Any advice?
CatherineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #322
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
Looking for a bit of advice... Donald will be my first half. I started training in August. I've run a couple of 6mi, 2- 8mi, a 9.5, and my short runs have been usually 3-5miles. My base mileage varies between 15-25miles usually. My friend and I decided to switch to the disney beginner training schedule for the last 6 weeks of training. We had planned to do a 9.5, 11, and a 12.5 for the last three long runs. Unfortunately I spent the night before the 9.5 in the ER with my 88 yr old grandma followed by the next 11 days with her in the hospital. In that time I got really sick with ear, nose, throat problems, but I'm finally well now. I had a severe allergic reaction to the hand sanitizer at the hospital (including the bottoms of my feet swelling). And then last Saturday, it iced and when I stepped down out of the car my right leg came right out from under me, and I busted my butt! I strained the top of my hamstring where it meets the glutes and then of course the direct center of my right glute. I am feeling no pain from my hamstring anymore. I'm having mild discomfort in the right glute. Some mild pain when climbing the stairs. We are suppose to do a long run Sunday (or possibly Monday). On Sunday it will be day 9 since my fall. And it will have been 12 days since I ran a short run. So any advice on whether I should do the long run or not? I haven't tried any short running as I thought I should give it the most time I can to heal. If I don't run I can wait a few more days and run on the treadmill alone, and then our final long run will be Jan 28th. Any advice?
I'm in a similar position after dealing with a trifecta of strained hip flexor/piriformis syndrome/and hip bursitis - my advice is to not go long as your first run back at it. Especially if you're not 100%. I'd stick with a couple shorts ones first and see how they feel before going longer.

FWIW, I was off running completely (I walked though) 2 weeks. I started back with a couple slow 2-2.5 milers, then a 5 for the first week. A couple more short ones after that and I'll try 6-7 later today.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #323
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
I'm in corral K and my husband is in L, which I'm not super thrilled about. I registered us at the same time and put the same estimated finish time of 3:15. Neither of us submitted proof of time.

I don't want to drop back a corral (I was swept during the marathon last year--put allll the room possible between me and the balloon ladies, please) so he's just going to plan to catch up with me. Fingers crossed this isn't a disaster! I can run this thing on my own, I'd just prefer not to!
How do you know what corral you are in? I haven't gotten my final race instructions.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #324
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
Looking for a bit of advice...

Donald will be my first half. I started training in August. I've run a couple of 6mi, 2- 8mi, a 9.5, and my short runs have been usually 3-5miles. My base mileage varies between 15-25miles usually. My friend and I decided to switch to the disney beginner training schedule for the last 6 weeks of training. We had planned to do a 9.5, 11, and a 12.5 for the last three long runs. Unfortunately I spent the night before the 9.5 in the ER with my 88 yr old grandma followed by the next 11 days with her in the hospital. In that time I got really sick with ear, nose, throat problems, but I'm finally well now. I had a severe allergic reaction to the hand sanitizer at the hospital (including the bottoms of my feet swelling). And then last Saturday, it iced and when I stepped down out of the car my right leg came right out from under me, and I busted my butt! I strained the top of my hamstring where it meets the glutes and then of course the direct center of my right glute. I am feeling no pain from my hamstring anymore. I'm having mild discomfort in the right glute. Some mild pain when climbing the stairs. We are suppose to do a long run Sunday (or possibly Monday). On Sunday it will be day 9 since my fall. And it will have been 12 days since I ran a short run. So any advice on whether I should do the long run or not? I haven't tried any short running as I thought I should give it the most time I can to heal. If I don't run I can wait a few more days and run on the treadmill alone, and then our final long run will be Jan 28th. Any advice?
December 28?

When you can, run a few shorter runs. Try for one longer run in the December 21 or 28 weekends. Aim for a 8-9 miler and call it good. On this weekend, try for 3-6, if you feel good about it. Before heading out the door or set foot on the mill, give yourself permission to fail early if your legs/body say no go.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #325
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
How do you know what corral you are in? I haven't gotten my final race instructions.
Runner info under the runDisney website....
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #326
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Finally found it! Thx

Not happy about our corals. I posted time of 1:58 on ToT 10 miler and got Corral I - just under 3 hours. dH posted time of 1:43 and got G.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD

Last edited by MacClemsons; 12-13-2013 at 08:48 PM.
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #327
CatherineC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

I'm in a similar position after dealing with a trifecta of strained hip flexor/piriformis syndrome/and hip bursitis - my advice is to not go long as your first run back at it. Especially if you're not 100%. I'd stick with a couple shorts ones first and see how they feel before going longer.

FWIW, I was off running completely (I walked though) 2 weeks. I started back with a couple slow 2-2.5 milers, then a 5 for the first week. A couple more short ones after that and I'll try 6-7 later today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post

December 28?

When you can, run a few shorter runs. Try for one longer run in the December 21 or 28 weekends. Aim for a 8-9 miler and call it good. On this weekend, try for 3-6, if you feel good about it. Before heading out the door or set foot on the mill, give yourself permission to fail early if your legs/body say no go.
Thanks for the advice! Dec 28 should have been the 12.5, and this weekend was suppose to be 11. I will let my friend run without me this weekend, and I'll do some treadmill short runs next week and maybe a 6 or 7 on the 21st. Then hopefully ill be completely healed for our last long run together on the 28th. I'm usually a 100% runner, but she isn't so I feel like switching to a run/walk interval will also help not feel so undertrained on race day.

I've been so protective of my injury I've stopped rolling, and of course I haven't stretched because I haven't ran. Would I do more damage if I tried some foam rolling? Or could it possibly be tense and need some release?

ETA...yes Dec 28! I just realized after I posted why you asked! Dec...not jan.
CatherineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #328
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post

I hear you. I was in the last coral last year with no buffer between me and the balloon ladies...this year I am in K...feeling better. However my friend is in M.
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #329
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I'm in H too. What did you submit for a proof of time?
I don't remember, to be honest. I think it was a 66 minute 10K that I submitted.

belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #330
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Did the Galloway 12.5 today. OK I should have done it yesterday, but my schedule did not allow it.

My toes hurt!

HOW how how how do people do a full marathon? How? Aren't you bored? Don't you hurt? Aren't your feet just dying?

OK, OK, you train for it. I just don't know how I could convince my feet and the backs of my knees TO train for it. I'd have to trick them or something.

Tried out the whole rig today. Got my new Nathan Intensity-for-women hydration backpack, my skirtsports Redemption Run shorts, even my magicband. The next/last long run of the "finish upright" plan will see my in my new Gym Girl Ultra skirtsports running skirt. Gotta see which one I like better. But those shorts, definitely liked them. Tried out PocketFuel and the Clifshot electrolyte hydration powder, too. Also tried out a 3:1 run:walk ratio, and I LOVED it. 2:1 too short! 4:1 too long! But 3:1, perfecto. Now if only I could HEAR my Garmin beeping at me. Stupid hearing loss.

It went well except for how late I was out; too lazy earlier today. Also...my poor toes. I also need to stop putting a long long hill in the last 2 miles of my runs. Pain!

Sorry to go on. It was my Longest Run Ever, so it was kind of a big deal! And so is the ouchiness.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: