Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #271
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Just so you understand the FINE PRINT, pre-race the RR is open for runners only until just about the time runners are released to the corrals; only then can the Platinum ChEAR folks enter the tent.
Oh yes of course. I do read things, I'm just a little spacey recently.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #272
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post
6 miles on Friday and my IT band held up until the very end. I think my Rock Tape was off, I need to work on getting the application right. It felt good but I'm still concerned about that band. I'm starting more strengthening but from a different perspective.

I've also added some more songs to my playlist, including Let It Go from Frozen. Anybody else see Frozen? I may add another song from the movie but now I'm going through my Disney list to see which ones will be good to have.
Have you tried a pretape spray? I use one I found on Amazon, Mueffler's, Mueller's, something like that. It works pretty well along with putting on the tape at least a few hours before your run.

Going to see Frozen this Sunday! One song I did add for the W&D was Nothing Can Stop Me Now from Planes. An awesome running song!!

Quote:
Just so you understand the FINE PRINT, pre-race the RR is open for runners only until just about the time runners are released to the corrals; only then can the Platinum ChEAR folks enter the tent.
Hi Coach! Once I saw that I decided not to bother spending the $$. I get they probably want to keep the RR just for the runners, but if you can't have your support crew with you before you start, what's the point?

Still trying to get myself as psyched up for this race as I was for the W&D but not quite there yet. Think I need a big poof of !

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #273
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Have you tried a pretape spray? I use one I found on Amazon, Mueffler's, Mueller's, something like that. It works pretty well along with putting on the tape at least a few hours before your run.

Hi Coach! Once I saw that I decided not to bother spending the $$. I get they probably want to keep the RR just for the runners, but if you can't have your support crew with you before you start, what's the point?

Still trying to get myself as psyched up for this race as I was for the W&D but not quite there yet. Think I need a big poof of !
I think the use of sticky pre-tape spray needs to have a higher profile at KT Tapes web site. While the tape does stick very well, I find it does not always stay put. With the pre-spray I have never had a failure.

With regard to the RR and ChEAR use of the tent, by far yes, the true purpose of the tent is for runnerís pre-race staging. The size of the tent would need to grow exponentially if the ChEAR folks were allowed in before the call to the corrals. Itís just not clear in the literature that there is no morning overlap. The start time and courses have been revised since the program started. Before the revisions, spectators could be a little more casual in getting to MK since it was mile 10 in the race. That coupled with a 6AM start spectators could wait for the buses to resume from the resorts at 0700 and still make a MK viewing. This eliminated the need for the crew to come to the race with the runner. Now with all the revisions, one can see how folks could be confused if they do not overlay the schedule on top of the rules.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #274
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Going to see Frozen this Sunday! One song I did add for the W&D was Nothing Can Stop Me Now from Planes. An awesome running song!!
It wasn't the tape sticking, it was me placing the tape a little to the side, and I don't think it was close enough to the spot of pain. Then yesterday my PT showed me the best way to tape it, which included taping on the quad. I've got three strips of Rock Tape on my leg and it looks intense.

I'll have to find that song from Planes to check it out. I did not make it to the theater, and the DVD is behind Christmas specials on Netflix. I may not get to it until after Marathon Weekend.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #275
lornak
DIS Veteran

another RR question

One of our friends has had to drop out due to an injury. She had already purchased the RR. Is that refundable? Or is it transferable? Another friend has not purchased RR yet but is planning on it. Is there a "ticket" that she could use from the friend that can't go? Or how is access to the RR monitored? TIA!
lornak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #276
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
I think the use of sticky pre-tape spray needs to have a higher profile at KT Tapes web site. While the tape does stick very well, I find it does not always stay put. With the pre-spray I have never had a failure.

With regard to the RR and ChEAR use of the tent, by far yes, the true purpose of the tent is for runnerís pre-race staging. The size of the tent would need to grow exponentially if the ChEAR folks were allowed in before the call to the corrals. Itís just not clear in the literature that there is no morning overlap. The start time and courses have been revised since the program started. Before the revisions, spectators could be a little more casual in getting to MK since it was mile 10 in the race. That coupled with a 6AM start spectators could wait for the buses to resume from the resorts at 0700 and still make a MK viewing. This eliminated the need for the crew to come to the race with the runner. Now with all the revisions, one can see how folks could be confused if they do not overlay the schedule on top of the rules.
So I'm going to assume there is a place near the start that runners can hang out with their non-running buddies before the inevitable long wait in the actual corrals? Why DO they do that? Be in the corrals SO long before the actual start?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #277
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Speaking of the loooooong corral wait... assuming the WDW Half is the same course, was it set up like PHM this year, with banks of porta-potties to the side of the corrals? Because that was GREAT! I made a final stop just before my corral took off - our fireworks went off just as I got back into the corral.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #278
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornak View Post
One of our friends has had to drop out due to an injury. She had already purchased the RR. Is that refundable? Or is it transferable? Another friend has not purchased RR yet but is planning on it. Is there a "ticket" that she could use from the friend that can't go? Or how is access to the RR monitored? TIA!
It's via a wristband. It is not refundable but could be transferable. She would have to pick up her packet (the band usually comes with the bib) and then hand the band off.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 12-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #279
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I'm going to assume there is a place near the start that runners can hang out with their non-running buddies before the inevitable long wait in the actual corrals? Why DO they do that? Be in the corrals SO long before the actual start?
Yes, we hang out from arrival at the Epcot parking in the Wonder Lot. There is a gateway through a set of baggage claim tents where only runners can go (bibs are checked). Once through these tents, there is a second holding area. And tons of porta potties. From there we walk down Woodpecker Lane ( a back stage road) turn onto Overpass Road and then onto Epcot Drive where the start line is located. The rD folks attempt to start runners heading down the corrals on Epcot Dr about 0430 for the 0530 start. Note that Woodpecker and Overpass are very narrow roads and it can take a while to get 25000 runners through the tight spots. I will say that the path has been very congested in the past at about 0445; taking the better part of 40 minutes to walk the 0.6 miles.

If one is not in the first 6 corrals, you really can wait up in the Wonder lot for a while longer. Itís really your option as to how long you wait before heading down to the corrals. In the past Disney has shut the gate to corrals as they fill, forcing runners back in the starting grid. I think the overcrowding was then a function of expo corral corrections; something that has gone away starting with this race.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #280
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Psst - in case anyone here hasn't seen... UNofficial waiver/bib info is happening now: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...63&postcount=1

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #281
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post

I've also added some more songs to my playlist, including Let It Go from Frozen. Anybody else see Frozen? I may add another song from the movie but now I'm going through my Disney list to see which ones will be good to have.
Hi! I can't wait to see Frozen - it's not out until this weekend here
Which other songs did you find to add to your playlist?

I have... "Go the Distance" (Hercules), "Zero to Hero" (Hercules), "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (Mulan), "It's On" (Camp Rock), "Get ya head in the game" (High School Musical) ... the theme songs from Iron Man and The Avengers.. and a few fun short songs like The Mickey Mouse Club March.. and the Three Caballeros!

Hope everyone's training is going well.. less than 6 weeks to go
I ran 14 miles on Sunday, took me 2 hours.. this time last year I hadn't run outside for more than 20 minutes in my whole life .. cannot wait for the race now!
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #282
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Psst - in case anyone here hasn't seen... UNofficial waiver/bib info is happening now: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...63&postcount=1
I am just not sure what to think.... my bib # appears to be very high. I realize that for the half it very well could be behind in number to the full... but I registered almost right when it opened and my POT from a 10k was 55:XX. How could that put me in what I assume will be close to the last corral if not THE last corral??
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #283
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Never mind... I took a peak at the link that was posted. Yeah... I am pretty sure I was freaking out for nothing.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #284
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Never mind... I took a peak at the link that was posted. Yeah... I am pretty sure I was freaking out for nothing.

When I saw my number I nearly died. Then Coach's explanation brought me back to life. Whew.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #285
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

For those who have taken part in more than one rundisney event, does the Marathon weekend have the same possibility of exchanging shirt sizes as the TOT expo did? At the TOT I went to the shirt people and they told me to check back periodically as people change their shirts out. About an hour later I looked over and saw a shirt in the bin of the size I wanted, and ran over and exchanged my shirt for it.

Was I freakishly lucky at TOT expo? Or does this possibility exist for January as well?

Because I estimated for the wrong size when I registered, and when I contacted rundisney even before TOT they already couldn't change my size for the Half or 5K.

And those included shirts from rundisney run seriously big. Especially compared to how teensy the shirts that you BUY are!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: