Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #151
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
That's the "If looks could Fkill" video.
hahahahahahahaha

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #152
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I know this video is from the marathon, but when the ladies of We Run Disney posted it on their website, it stuck with me. It's my fave, so here's a little bit of motivation for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDG66D1wdUo
That is a lovely video - thank you for posting!

Here are some others I've found...

2013 runDisney video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj4clnqf9YA

2013 half marathon summary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWDQ0k4_X8o

2013 WDW Radio running team video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKiht3L_eU

2012 half marathon run-a-long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQNy7-W6D0E

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #153
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Roar. I'm feeling scared and negative.

Please bear with my venting...

DH and I are trying to do the Galloway plan but I'm in a play right now which is completely messing up our schedule. We are able to run Monday, Fridays and the weekends. We've been trying to do our short runs on Monday and Friday after work and our long run over the weekend. My show is over at the end of the month, so we'll be able to train on the recommended days in November and December but I'm afraid we're missing out much needed training now. We still go out 3 times a week but I just feel like we're not getting what we need out of it. We mostly walk. We did the 6 mile run for week 4 on Monday after work and averaged a 17:45/mile pace.

We've been trying to work in more running with our walks but we're having a very difficult time. DH is getting quite a lot of pain in his shins whenever we run. He's fine walking, but after we add in 30+ seconds of slow running he starts to hurt. He bought one of those roller things and seems to like it quite bit. He also got an icepack but doesn't always use it. We try to stretch before and after our runs. Everyone says to go to a running store and get good shoes but he doesn't want to. A few years ago we went to Marathon Sports in Boston to get him shoes. The staff watched him walk and were very helpful. He must have tried on 100 different pairs. He finally bought a pair but he says they don't fit right. (Too be honest, I think he bought them out of guilt because he took so much time with the staff and didn't want to leave empty handed.) He got some sport insoles last week, but his left foot still feels weird. He has a very hard time fitting shoes (this is why he loves Crocs so much!) - His left foot is half a size bigger than his right or something. I think he won't go to the shoe store because he thinks it won't help due to this prior experience. Those shoes he bought were expensive.

I am having some trouble too. My cardiovascular system is not the best. I might or might not have exercise asthma. (Isn't that just a nice way of saying someone is out of shape?) I haven't needed my inhaler at all, but I can't even jog for more than 60 seconds without being completely out of breath. Like Jason, I can walk - even power walk - with no trouble. I really want to work on my running to get past this but we can't run enough with Jason's shins for me to improve.

Finally, I'm really sweating our pre-race fueling. I really enjoyed reading on here about what people are planning to eat before the race but I'm not sure what we should do. We try to be gluten-free and low-carb. (We both have weight issues.) Jason is also a type 1 diabetic. I thought we could have a banana with peanut butter before our race. How does that sound? When should we start experimenting with pre-run food? What should we eat the night before the race if we can't eat pasta? What are considered easily digestible foods?

Well, I think that's it. Thanks for reading. I'm super nervous that we're not training hard enough and we're going to be swept on race day.

This is my 2nd attempt at the Donald. In 2010 my sister and I signed up. Our whole family came down to cheer us on. I walked off the course at mile 5. I couldn't breathe and my inhaler wasn't helping. My sister finished on her own. Although I am happy for her, I'm still jealous and feel terrible about myself for not finishing. Almost 4 years later and I'm still obsessing over this. All I can think is "I failed." I embarrassed myself in front of my family and I can't seem to get over it. I MUST finish this race in 2014. I MUST!

OK, that's it. Thanks again for reading. I'm going to go fret now and read about gluten-free runners.

[hmmm.... I wonder if my obsession with the 2010 race is making me more scared and negative then I need to be...?]

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #154
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

No, exercise induced asthma isn't just a way of saying you are out of shape. I developed it while in the most amazing shape of my life, in college, while rowing Crew.

You do need to get it under control though. If you can't get it worked out with what you have, go see someone else and find other methods. MDs say you always have to treat; I don't go that route personally and have found that acupuncture and chiropractic make me much less likely to have a bout of asthma. But I do like having my plain albuterol around, just in case, though I haven't needed it in over a year (and i don't actually have an inhaler right now). You have to find what works for you.

Now I will say that half of the work I did as I went into Galloway stuff was getting my cardiovascular system up to speed. I did a couch to 5k program twice; first one was using time and the second was doing distance. Then I signed up for the 10 miler and just kept on working on heart lungs muscles and blood vessels while I waited for the training program to start.

At first my lungs were VERY annoyed with me! But they got better over time. Maybe for you right now it would be good to do a walk/ walk faster interval?

Your husband is going to hurt himself if he doesn't get better shoes. Many of us have different sized feet. I have experimented with one thin sock and one thick to make up for foot size differences. Also with different lacing techniques for the smaller foot. I wish shoe stores could have a "foot twin" program to match up people so I could get an 8 right and 8.5 left shoe, and someone who needs the opposite could get the other two shoes.

Find a store that has a great return policy and USE it if needed. Nothing good will come of DH having bad shoes.

For the 10 miler it felt like I was always experimenting with food. But it was more along the lines of what I could tolerate.

I believe carb loading is more than just eating pasta the night before. It's not something I do. It never worked or me on Crew and eating that heavy the night before would mess up my stomach. And I think the true loading comes after a few days of no or very low carbs to bring levels way down then load them up just before. I don't do the whole process (I think that most people don't), I don't do half of it either. I just try to eat well and in a way that works for me.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #155
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post

First... You sound overwhelmed and frustrated and that's a sucky way to feel, right?! I'm sorry - and hope we can help ease some of that

Quote:
We did the 6 mile run for week 4 on Monday after work and averaged a 17:45/mile pace.
Don't sweat this too much; there's still lots of time to train and you're not that far behind the minimum pace.

Quote:
Everyone says to go to a running store and get good shoes but he doesn't want to.
^ This is going to be HUGE problem if he doesn't do something about it. If shoes don't fit right, or aren't the right brand/shape/level of cushion or support/size/profile/etc. it can cause a whole lot of harm. If he doesn't want to go to store, he should spend some time researching the many options out there (Runners' World reviews a TON of shoes) and order online to try them at home. Running Warehouse and Road Runner Sports have very flexible return policies so that you can give shoes a good try and exchange as needed.

Quote:
My cardiovascular system is not the best. I might or might not have exercise asthma. (Isn't that just a nice way of saying someone is out of shape?) I haven't needed my inhaler at all, but I can't even jog for more than 60 seconds without being completely out of breath.
No, it's not and I hate that you've been given that impression. I've been running for 20 years, was a dancer, skied, played soccer, have always been active, am very fit and have exercise-induced asthma. I always use my albuterol inhaler 15-20 minutes before exercise; the times I've forgotten I was out of breath within minutes. I would try using your inhaler proactively and see if it helps. If it doesn't, please see your doctor, as you may have regular, not exercise-induced, asthma, which is handled quite differently.

Quote:
Finally, I'm really sweating our pre-race fueling. I really enjoyed reading on here about what people are planning to eat before the race but I'm not sure what we should do. We try to be gluten-free and low-carb. (We both have weight issues.) Jason is also a type 1 diabetic.
PLEASE talk to a doctor and/or nutritionist on this subject. You don't want to mess around with diabetes. FWIW, I don't carb load; I'm chronically hypoglycemic and carb loading would just make my glucose crash, then drop. I eat a good balance of complex carbs, lean protein and good fats.

Quote:
hmmm.... I wonder if my obsession with the 2010 race is making me more scared and negative then I need to be...?]
Maybe. But I totally understand that; just went through it myself, after a pretty disastrous TOT last year. All I can say is, try not to dwell on what was, do your best to prepare for what's to come, and try not to stress too much about it all!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #156
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i ran the TOT 10-miler last weekend as my first Disney race. i can't wait to run the Minnie 10k and the Donald 1/2 in January!!!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #157
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post

DH and I are trying to do the Galloway plan but I'm in a play right now which is completely messing up our schedule. We are able to run Monday, Fridays and the weekends. We've been trying to do our short runs on Monday and Friday after work and our long run over the weekend. My show is over at the end of the month, so we'll be able to train on the recommended days in November and December but I'm afraid we're missing out much needed training now. We still go out 3 times a week but I just feel like we're not getting what we need out of it. We mostly walk. We did the 6 mile run for week 4 on Monday after work and averaged a 17:45/mile pace.

We've been trying to work in more running with our walks but we're having a very difficult time. DH is getting quite a lot of pain in his shins whenever we run. He's fine walking, but after we add in 30+ seconds of slow running he starts to hurt. He bought one of those roller things and seems to like it quite bit. He also got an icepack but doesn't always use it. We try to stretch before and after our runs. Everyone says to go to a running store and get good shoes but he doesn't want to. A few years ago we went to Marathon Sports in Boston to get him shoes. The staff watched him walk and were very helpful. He must have tried on 100 different pairs. He finally bought a pair but he says they don't fit right. (Too be honest, I think he bought them out of guilt because he took so much time with the staff and didn't want to leave empty handed.) He got some sport insoles last week, but his left foot still feels weird. He has a very hard time fitting shoes (this is why he loves Crocs so much!) - His left foot is half a size bigger than his right or something. I think he won't go to the shoe store because he thinks it won't help due to this prior experience. Those shoes he bought were expensive.

I am having some trouble too. My cardiovascular system is not the best. I might or might not have exercise asthma. (Isn't that just a nice way of saying someone is out of shape?) I haven't needed my inhaler at all, but I can't even jog for more than 60 seconds without being completely out of breath. Like Jason, I can walk - even power walk - with no trouble. I really want to work on my running to get past this but we can't run enough with Jason's shins for me to improve.

Finally, I'm really sweating our pre-race fueling. I really enjoyed reading on here about what people are planning to eat before the race but I'm not sure what we should do. We try to be gluten-free and low-carb. (We both have weight issues.) Jason is also a type 1 diabetic. I thought we could have a banana with peanut butter before our race. How does that sound? When should we start experimenting with pre-run food? What should we eat the night before the race if we can't eat pasta? What are considered easily digestible foods?

Well, I think that's it. Thanks for reading. I'm super nervous that we're not training hard enough and we're going to be swept on race day.

This is my 2nd attempt at the Donald. In 2010 my sister and I signed up. Our whole family came down to cheer us on. I walked off the course at mile 5. I couldn't breathe and my inhaler wasn't helping. My sister finished on her own. Although I am happy for her, I'm still jealous and feel terrible about myself for not finishing. Almost 4 years later and I'm still obsessing over this. All I can think is "I failed." I embarrassed myself in front of my family and I can't seem to get over it. I MUST finish this race in 2014. I MUST!

OK, that's it. Thanks again for reading. I'm going to go fret now and read about gluten-free runners.

[hmmm.... I wonder if my obsession with the 2010 race is making me more scared and negative then I need to be...?]
First, you are heaping way too much pressure on your shoulders at this point in time. It’s way to early to be in full panic mode. I don’t know if the pressure is coming from 2010 or the schedule you mention, but take a deep breath and release the tension.

Starting with schedule. Honestly, Jeff’s plans are long run centric. If you are making long run distances you are well on your way to the finish line. Training Monday, Friday and a weekend day is not prime but is substantially better than skipping runs. Hang in there. Once you are able to spread out the runs, add a little speed play to the Tuesday runs.

Shin splints are a function of several possible issues. Of primary concern are old shoes, improper shoes, adding too many miles too quickly and over-striding. You mention a shoe store trip that was several years back. I am hoping that the shoes your DH is running in are not those shoes. If they are, get him into a new ride quickly. Likewise, if you have no idea how many miles are on the shoes and they are more than a few months old, you may need a new pair. I still suggest a trip to a running store. Tell the store you are on a budget. Most every kind of shoe (stability, motion control, neutral) in a specific brand has a cheap cousin. If one’s feet are different sizes, you may need two pair of shoes.

Look at your log of runs over the last few weeks. If your DH missed a run or the total number of miles jumped up quickly, or if you added the run segments on a long run and had not used them before, that could trigger a splint issue. Have your DH walk the next long run and see if the shins feel better.

Finally with regard to the shin splints, I find the many newer runners tend to want to overstride when looking for speed. In simple terms, the result is a harder than normal heal strike which acts in a braking manner and sends additional shock waves up through the leg. Try landing on the mid foot for a few runs to see if this helps. Then to speed up, one needs to work on a quicker turnover or increasing the number of steps per minute.

I cannot speak to your maybe have or maybe not having exercised induced asthma, As a coach, I am thinking that you are simply running too fast. If you have asthma that will compound the feeling when pushing too hard. If you cannot talk in a near normal sentence while out training, especially on the long runs, you need to slow up. By going out too fast you are not creating the needed adaptations for an endurance event. The closer one runs to anaerobic conditions, the greater the percentage of sugar-based fuels on will consume and the quicker one will deplete the limited stores. In real simple terms, we all have about a 90-minute supply of glycogen, no more. Slow up so that the body will take create adaptations allowing for a higher percentage of fat as fuel. Yes, this sounds counterintuitive, but you cannot run the long runs in a huffy-puffy condition, if that is the way you are feeling. If you are not suffering from asthma, a few weeks down the road you will have a better capacity for your runs.

With regard to fueling, your initial ideas are not bad for a pre-run fuel. You may need to consider a portable fuel for 45-60 minutes into the run. Frankly, the meal in front of, during and within an hour post run can be almost any carb and/or protein that you can handle. Easily digestible is a function of you and your system. We are all an experiment of one and wheat works for you may not work for another.

If you are gluten free due to a health need, then practice that on long run day, otherwise, you may be following a fad and not something that is necessarily bad. One does not need or really want to ‘carb up’ the day before a long run. I know from personal experience that one can put on pounds if one tries to practice tis old wives tail practice. Carb loading is a hard, sickening and terrible feeling week long process that starts with a depleting process and one would only want to practice before a really big race. 99% of folks running a Disney race are not going to go through this process. I would work with your doctor and a dietician for a long term solution to dietary needs. A 40-30-30 ratio of CHO, PRO, FAT is an ideal ratio for most all runners.

Hang in there. There are still many weeks between now and January. Take one day at a time. Work on speed on your midweek runs and on running in a nearly conversational pace for the longer runs.

Hope this helps

[ADDED] I meant to mention that instead of worrying about carbing up the day before a long run, I would counsel thinking about hydration the day before a long run. Poor hydration ruins more runs than fueling ever has. If one starts off dehydrated they may bail on a run within a mile or so from the start. Think of sipping water all day the day prior to a long run. You want you urine to be clear with a slight color; noting that color can be created through supplementation. If you get in a practice of staying on top of liquid intake the day before then it is one less reason for a crash on race day
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/

Last edited by cewait; 10-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #158
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Would not have considered myself a runner when I planned to do this Jan 13. However, I just completed my first race ever - ToT 10miler in under 2 hours (and stopped for characters). Speaking of characters, this is the reason I signed up. Can Anyone who has previously run the Donald tell me who were some of the characters along the race?

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #159
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
Would not have considered myself a runner when I planned to do this Jan 13. However, I just completed my first race ever - ToT 10miler in under 2 hours (and stopped for characters). Speaking of characters, this is the reason I signed up. Can Anyone who has previously run the Donald tell me who were some of the characters along the race?
Captain Jack (Before the toll plaza), Cinderella (as you head back stage), Mickey & Minnie (golf course), Toy Story folks (Tomorrowland and frontier land), Mary Poppins (GF Gate), Larry the lounge lizard (though I think he retired) and Peter Pan in Fantasyland. There are a few others like Main Street USA characters along Main, some lesser know furry friends, a bunch of big wheel bikes in TTC.

There are others and the order/location can be revised.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #160
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post

Captain Jack (Before the toll plaza), Cinderella (as you head back stage), Mickey & Minnie (golf course), Toy Story folks (Tomorrowland and frontier land), Mary Poppins (GF Gate), Larry the lounge lizard (though I think he retired) and Peter Pan in Fantasyland. There are a few others like Main Street USA characters along Main, some lesser know furry friends, a bunch of big wheel bikes in TTC.

There are others and the order/location can be revised.
Thanks! Sounds like a fun race - well, as fun as running 13.1 miles can be.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #161
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I ran the full last year and didn't stop for any pics except for Aladdin and Jasmine in Epcot since I was pretty much already done at that point, but I'm running the half this year and plan to stop and do quite a bit of pics. I saw Coach's list of characters along the route. Other than Jack and Barbossa, what do y'all think are the "MUST STOP" pic places along the half course?

I'm not focusing on a PR for this race, but I also don't want to stop too often because I run the entire race and whenever I stop for walk breaks (only when I absolutely have to and never for a half) or to tie a shoe or whatever, I have a hard time getting back into my routine.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #162
CatherineC
Earning My Ears

This will be my first half, and my first time to disney in a LONG time. So I have a few questions, hopefully y'all can help me with.

How much time do you usually spend in the parks on marathon weekend? I want to spend my time wisely, but I don't want to overdo it either.

Expo- how long does this usually take? How quickly do things sell out? We are getting there on Thursday, but we want to head straight to MK and get as much of our walking done as possible.

Bike rentals- can you rent these overnight? We would love to do a 6am bike ride on Friday morning but the place doesn't open til much later. We were thinking we would rent on Thursday, and then return after our ride Friday.

What time should we plan on leaving the hotel? We aren't submitting a time because my friend doesn't have a current race to submit, so we will be in the last corral.
CatherineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #163
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
This will be my first half, and my first time to disney in a LONG time. So I have a few questions, hopefully y'all can help me with.

How much time do you usually spend in the parks on marathon weekend? I want to spend my time wisely, but I don't want to overdo it either.

Expo- how long does this usually take? How quickly do things sell out? We are getting there on Thursday, but we want to head straight to MK and get as much of our walking done as possible.

Bike rentals- can you rent these overnight? We would love to do a 6am bike ride on Friday morning but the place doesn't open til much later. We were thinking we would rent on Thursday, and then return after our ride Friday.

What time should we plan on leaving the hotel? We aren't submitting a time because my friend doesn't have a current race to submit, so we will be in the last corral.
Generally, we tried to come in a couple days before the race. We attended the expo the day of arrival and made sure we had everything in hand for the weekend. i.e. making sure nothing was left at home. The expo will take between 60 minutes and whatever you want to spend. I included the bus rides in the time and a really quick trip through the expo. The process for the expo is heading into the HP Field House on the left after you enter the WWoS. After picking up a bib, you walk over to the Jostens Center for your swag bag and jersey. That table is in the very back forcing one to walk to through the expo to get your jersey. The official merchandise area is in the front of the expo, so you will walk through the expo once again.

We generally spend Friday in DAK. We tend to take it easy in the park and are usually back home to the villa by early to midafternoon. From there, an early meal and then off to bed just after the fireworks at 9. Post race(s) we spend a lot of time in the parks. The reason is simple, the more one moves post race, the better you will feel the next day.

Buses run from 3-4 AM. The best time to catch a bus is in the middle at 0330. That is from an old guy who also likes to chat with friends in the staging area. I do find that if one cuts is close to 0400 you have a higher likelihood of suffering a transportation melt down. It happens to at least one resort each year. Also, note that if it is your resort, I have not heard of anyone missing the start; maybe missing the A, B or C corral, but not the entire race. If driving, I would still look to hit the Epcot Parking Lot around 0330. You can sit in your car and nap, but you are in the area once there.

As far as bikes go, I do not believe that you can rent overnight, but am not sure. I do know that you are not allowed outside of the resort where you rent the bike; not that I would ride a cruiser that far anyway. I would ask once you get there& you never know if magic will happen. For the record, there are more road worthy bikes for rent in the Winter Garden area. If you have a car, that may be an option as well.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 10-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #164
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
I ran the full last year and didn't stop for any pics except for Aladdin and Jasmine in Epcot since I was pretty much already done at that point, but I'm running the half this year and plan to stop and do quite a bit of pics. I saw Coach's list of characters along the route. Other than Jack and Barbossa, what do y'all think are the "MUST STOP" pic places along the half course?

I'm not focusing on a PR for this race, but I also don't want to stop too often because I run the entire race and whenever I stop for walk breaks (only when I absolutely have to and never for a half) or to tie a shoe or whatever, I have a hard time getting back into my routine.
Jack and Sally were out as well last year after the pirates I believe! It was a must do stop for us for sure!

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #165
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camandjacksmom View Post
Jack and Sally were out as well last year after the pirates I believe! It was a must do stop for us for sure!
Definitely! They are so hard to get pics with any time so that is a must do if the line isn't crazy long for it! I'm in an earlier corral so I should be able to get a pic with them fairly easy. Thanks for that tidbit!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: