Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
sglfc81
Earning My Ears

vow renewal with kids

Hi all, new poster here!

I am needing some creative advice. Im in my 7th year of marriage. I would like to propose at Disney next year to my wife to renew our vows on our 10th year anniversary. I would like to do it in front of the castle. My plan would be to let the Disney photographer know im about to propose and we we pose id ask her to renew the vows.

Anyhoo, we have 2 children who would be 3 and 6 years old and I would love to get them involved. Any idea's on how I can get them involved in the situation. Im not dead stuck on doing It infront of the castle but it would just make her melt if I did.

When I proposed to marry her 7-8 years ago I did it at sea world discovery cove while swimming with the dolphins (it was a package deal there). She threw a toy for the dolphin to fetch and it came back with a toy with "will you marry me on it". When we walked out of the bay onto the beach there was a treasure chest with the ring inside. Was a good package, and all of it was on video.

So I need to top that if possible, with our kids involved....any ideas would be much appreciated.
sglfc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
andeesings
DIS Veteran

You sound like a really romantic guy. Your wife is a lucky woman! You could have the kids hand over cards, and each card says something sweet, like your first child hands over a card or has a sign that says, "We love you, Mom." And the second says, "You're the best mom ever," and then you had a third that said, "Will you marry us... Again?"
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
sglfc81
Earning My Ears

haha thanks!

I luv the card idea!! Im just thinking how I can make the cards and hide them. Theyd have to be big enough for the camera. I could fold them but my wife does all the packing. I'll have to think on that one, but I do luv that idea, thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

During the parade/some other time you could go off and get 2 balloons. You could write on each one "Will you Marry Daddy, again?" Have the kids hand or show Mom, with you right there

There usually is a preformance/dance/sing sometime during the day in front of the Castle. You could do it then

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
sglfc81
Earning My Ears

this is exactly why I posted on here. you guys are so creative..i wouldn't of thought of balloons. that way I can just carry a pen. Another genius idea, thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: