Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Just wanted to poke my nose in and say how much I appreciate these detailed explanations. We are staying at AK for the first time this summer but have always gone over to Boma as a favorite, and I thought we might give Sanaa a try this time... but we do not like spicy or curry and so I think we will leave this off our list.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #17
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Just wanted to poke my nose in and say how much I appreciate these detailed explanations. We are staying at AK for the first time this summer but have always gone over to Boma as a favorite, and I thought we might give Sanaa a try this time... but we do not like spicy or curry and so I think we will leave this off our list.
I don't think you will have a problem at Sanaa, I didn't think anything we had was really that spicy or loaded with curry.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #18
Tigger7570
Happiness is OKW

Thanks all. It's so great to have a source to go to for info.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
That was the best part of our meal as well although I thought there was way too much oil on the bread (didn't need that much nor did I think any of the dips were "spectacular"... glad to know we were the only ones disappointed with this place, every time I mention this on the boards I get flamed

...we had so looked forward to going there after the rave reviews only to have a "not so good" experience. We may give it a try again for dinner (we went for lunch and had a lovely window seat which was the best part of the meal) but getting dd back there again will be a challenge and quite frankly if we go back to AKL I'd MUCH RATHER go to Boma or Jiko.
I would go to Boma again before Sanaa, no question. I place a lot of trust in the touringplans guidebook reviews and ratings, and Sanaa is the only four-star restaurant that I haven't loved. I didn't even like it. And again, I love Indian cuisine. I eat it all the time.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I don't think you will have a problem at Sanaa, I didn't think anything we had was really that spicy or loaded with curry.
We are not big fans of spicy OR curry, and we loved Sanaa !!! None of the spices/sauces were overwhelming at all-
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

Has anyone everyone gone to Sana and just ordered a couple appetizers and drinks? We would like to do that around lunch time, but don't want to offend the servers!
KNJWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #22
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNJWDW View Post
Has anyone everyone gone to Sana and just ordered a couple appetizers and drinks? We would like to do that around lunch time, but don't want to offend the servers!
Hi, When my DH and I had lunch at Sanaa in October it was not very busy. So I would think that they would appreciate ANY lunch business that they could get . And once you are there you may order more than you think you will or appetizers and drinks could add up to the same as ordering a lunch meal with no drinks. Joan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: