Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
katytrott
DIS Veteran

Location: Half hour from the REAL 100 Acre Wood, birth place of Winnie the Pooh, Sussex

My Disney Experience and fastpass +

Have been a bit out of the loop recently and, am sorry to have to another thread with this topic, but need help!

Was reading on all ears newsletter the other day that the fastpass + is working for some, but when I go on the app there doesn't seem to be anything on there about this. I've found a thread on the theme park forum and it also doesn't mention anything re this, but still a bit confused why there are people on all ears talking about their experience!

Talking about the thread on the theme park forum the 1st post has an updated section for UK visitors for the My Disney Experience website. With that link I see nothing about My Disney Experience - or is it just me?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/

Final question: Do you have to be a WDW resort guest to do all of this? We are staying off site.

Thanks
katytrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
duffdo
Mouseketeer

I have been wondering the same thing.....from what I have been able to glean I assume the following is true:-

FP+ is activated when ticket reservations are associated with the app;

The app has GPS embedded elements meaning certain features will only work when the user is on Disney property (such as FP);

All Disney tickets including those staying off site are changing to RFID meaning in theory FP+ will be available to everybody (Disney Resort guests may get additional benefits);

The full rollout of the advanced features may not yet be complete.

I think the best thing to do may be to wait and see!
duffdo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
katytrott
DIS Veteran

Location: Half hour from the REAL 100 Acre Wood, birth place of Winnie the Pooh, Sussex

Thanks for this. Also posted on the theme park forum and from what I can gather there, none of its started yet!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
bee86
DIS Veteran

Been watching this closely myself and starting to feel like " I hope im not missing something" I have the app, Ive logged into the website all my dining reservations are there and so are the details of my accommodation which is CSR so on-site BUT there is still no area/mention of being able to book fastpass+??

Will update if I see any changes to this over the coming weeks but so far its just day to day park plans/dining reservations and not specific fastpass+ ride times etc.

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights

Last edited by bee86; 04-11-2013 at 10:57 AM.
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86 View Post
I have the app, Ive logged into the website all my dining reservations are there and so are the details of my accommodation which is CSR so on-site BUT there is still no area/mention of being able to book fastpass+??
I would not worry about that yet. I see that your ticker shows 2 months and 1 week, and FP+ is supposed to be bookable 60 days out. So you still have a few days to wait, it might get unlocked once you reach the time window.
But so far, I don't think that FP+ has been released yet (or can someone correct me if I'm wrong ?)

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Last night on My Disney Experience app my 14 day Ultimate tickets showed up under a new heading of Tickets and Passes.

Leave on 7 May.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I can't get the app to even acknowledge my resort booking at the moment! It's so frustrating.
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
katytrott
DIS Veteran

I can't get it to recognise my ADRs. Will check again though
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
katytrott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86 View Post
Been watching this closely myself and starting to feel like " I hope im not missing something" I have the app, Ive logged into the website all my dining reservations are there and so are the details of my accommodation which is CSR so on-site BUT there is still no area/mention of being able to book fastpass+??

Will update if I see any changes to this over the coming weeks but so far its just day to day park plans/dining reservations and not specific fastpass+ ride times etc.
Which website? Is that the normal WDW website or the "My Disney Experience" (MDE) website. The link I was given elsewhere for the MDE website for UK showed no sign of it, and when I did a search on the normal WDW website that showed up zilch.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
katytrott
DIS Veteran

I've just tried to make an ADR through the app (for 2nd June) and it just does not accept the mobile no. I put in. It just keeps saying

"Your phone number must be at least 10 digits long and free of punctuation and special characters"

I tried putting in the no. I used when booking previous ADRs I made through the WDW website (which was fine for that!), I tried putting my normal mob no in (more then 10 digits) I tried random nos and I tried less then 10 digits. It just kept bringing same message up. I think this phone no stuff is why I can't bring my current ADRs up on it.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
I can't get the app to even acknowledge my resort booking at the moment! It's so frustrating.
I have the app on my phone and ipad and my resort booking only appeared on the app once I had phoned Disney and got the US 12 digit number, I did nothing it just appeared.

I had phoned and booked the Wishes Dessert party but it wouldn't add to the app as they hadn't put in my phone number but obviously a made up one but once they put my phone number against the booking I was able to add it on the app by using the Don't See Your Reservation? tab. To add the resort you need this USA confirmation number and name, whereas for the Dining reservation you need the confirmation number and phone number.

Hope this helps but it is a bit hit or miss
Old 04-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katytrott View Post
I've just tried to make an ADR through the app (for 2nd June) and it just does not accept the mobile no. I put in. It just keeps saying

"Your phone number must be at least 10 digits long and free of punctuation and special characters"

I tried putting in the no. I used when booking previous ADRs I made through the WDW website (which was fine for that!), I tried putting my normal mob no in (more then 10 digits) I tried random nos and I tried less then 10 digits. It just kept bringing same message up. I think this phone no stuff is why I can't bring my current ADRs up on it.

Anyone have any ideas?
I think I used 44 minus the first zero then the mobile number?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinburghlass View Post

Yes. I did this too.

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I can see tickets and passes on the My Disney Experience app. It shows tickets for myself and my daughter (not for DH and DS?) and it has a line for fast past plus but, no arrow that links it to other data/actions. So I can't do anything with it yet.

The app overall is definitely glitchy.

On one part of it it lists me and my three family members. On another part my DH shows up twice and DD is missing. For 14 of my ADRs it shows exactly what I booked on line. For Mama Melroses it is showing a booking for 2 not four, and for Teppan Edo it is showing a booking for 12.....

I am still 120 days out so am not contacting them about the errors yet. I'm just logging them and a couple of months prior to travel will report them as a job lot.

But the fact that FP+ has now appeared as a line on the app signals progress towards go live.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
katytrott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinburghlass View Post
Nope, tried this (and just tried this again) and says exactly the same thing. Thanks for trying though

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: