Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #16
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Wow I didn't expect to get so many helpful responses, thank you all so much!
I definitely want to stay on site. I would LOVE to stay in the Poly, but i think a value might have to do (if a value, I'd do POP). I'm thinking a flight from Ireland wold probably be easier now. The nearest airport to my cousin is Shannon (they literally live up the road. Cork is the next closest), so I'll have to have a look around.
If I'm booking the flights separately, then will I need to book the room/tickets/dining through Disney? I'd hope for free dining, but when would I know if they'll offer that for next August?
I'd also like to add hoppers and the water park option to tickets.

Aghh I'm so excited just thinking about it and it's over a year away lol. I've never been to DW, but I've wanted to go for as long as I can remember. It won't happen again for a long time so I really want it to be perfect
Old 04-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
missnic07
DIS Veteran

I've just been on the Disney site and I can get 14 day ticket inc wp & hopper for £285 (adult) and £265 (child's). Is this the cheapest I'm likely to get them?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

When you are booking accommodation etc separate to flights you can book through Disney or you can still use a company like Complete Orlando which have been mentioned. You need to just price them both up and see what offers they have. For me it was cheaper to book through Disney over CO and I got free ddp and a $200 Disney gift card. They are rumoured to be bringing out free dining for next year at the end of this month so you haven't got long to wait.
When you buy Disney tickets from the uk, you usually get ultimate tickets which include park hoping and water parks. I'm sorry I don't know how much we have paid for those as I just paid for accommodation and tickets as a package from Disney as I mentioned.
Claire Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
When you are booking accommodation etc separate to flights you can book through Disney or you can still use a company like Complete Orlando which have been mentioned. You need to just price them both up and see what offers they have. For me it was cheaper to book through Disney over CO and I got free ddp and a $200 Disney gift card. They are rumoured to be bringing out free dining for next year at the end of this month so you haven't got long to wait.
When you buy Disney tickets from the uk, you usually get ultimate tickets which include park hoping and water parks. I'm sorry I don't know how much we have paid for those as I just paid for accommodation and tickets as a package from Disney as I mentioned.
Thank you, I'll check out Complete Orlando now
Old 04-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnic07 View Post
Wow I didn't expect to get so many helpful responses, thank you all so much!
I definitely want to stay on site. I would LOVE to stay in the Poly, but i think a value might have to do (if a value, I'd do POP).
If you leave the booking until the free dining comes out you will find that it may work out about the same cost to book a moderate resort. The values don't normally come with free dining. So basically if you take into account how much you would spend on food and soft drinks staying at a value you would prob be better off upgrading to a moderate

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post

If you leave the booking until the free dining comes out you will find that it may work out about the same cost to book a moderate resort. The values don't normally come with free dining. So basically if you take into account how much you would spend on food and soft drinks staying at a value you would prob be better off upgrading to a moderate
Brilliant, thanks for the tip x
Old 04-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #22
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

keep an eye on here for news of free dining. Theres quite a few of us waiting-people have said around the 25th of this month. So im waiting until the end of the month.
usually, you need to book room and tickets together to get the free dining.
As someone mentioned, the free dining isnt always offered at the value resorts. sometimes its worth staying at a moderate resort, just to get the free dining. If free dining isnt offered, then dont worry too much about buying the dining plan. we find it doesnt work for us but if its free we'll use it.
Check all the prices out when they come out and then post on here if you need help.
many people will help out

I think theres cheaper places to buy tickets eg attractions tickets direct and a few others.

happy planning.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
keep an eye on here for news of free dining. Theres quite a few of us waiting-people have said around the 25th of this month. So im waiting until the end of the month.
usually, you need to book room and tickets together to get the free dining.
As someone mentioned, the free dining isnt always offered at the value resorts. sometimes its worth staying at a moderate resort, just to get the free dining. If free dining isnt offered, then dont worry too much about buying the dining plan. we find it doesnt work for us but if its free we'll use it.
Check all the prices out when they come out and then post on here if you need help.
many people will help out

I think theres cheaper places to buy tickets eg attractions tickets direct and a few others.

happy planning.
Yeah I'm definitely going to hold off until it comes out

Also, if I book the room/dining/tickets altogether at the end of this month can I cancel at a later date or not?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say 'hello' Nicola

I am a teacher and waiting with fingers crossed for free dining. Hoping to get Old Key West with a Studio for myself and hubby, then a 2 bed villa for my mum, dad, brother, SIL, niece and nephew.

We always look after August 10th (or roundabouts) as that is the start of Value season (unless it changed - our last trip was 2011).

When we went for our wedding we spent the first five nights at Pop - it is a great fun resort!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
Just wanted to say 'hello' Nicola

I am a teacher and waiting with fingers crossed for free dining. Hoping to get Old Key West with a Studio for myself and hubby, then a 2 bed villa for my mum, dad, brother, SIL, niece and nephew.

We always look after August 10th (or roundabouts) as that is the start of Value season (unless it changed - our last trip was 2011).

When we went for our wedding we spent the first five nights at Pop - it is a great fun resort!
Thanks for the reply! I'm looking for around August the 15th til the 29th. How do you find the crowds/heat at that time of year?

I was looking on Aerlingus at flights and they're insanely expensive. Of course they only have flights for this August, as next years aren't out yet.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

It definitely is hot and humid, but as others have said, the storms take some of the humidity out in the afternoon.

We employ the strategy of being at the parks early, having a break in the heat of the afternoon, then heading back again for late afternoon into the evening. It's great because summer opening hours make it easy to do that!

The crowds are also manageable if you do that and make use of Fastpass where possible (though this might be changing with Fastpass plus - nobody knows much for certain at the moment).
Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We got married on sept 2nd out there in full wedding attire and morning suits and it wasnt that hot

Its a great time to go out there
Old 04-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
It definitely is hot and humid, but as others have said, the storms take some of the humidity out in the afternoon.

We employ the strategy of being at the parks early, having a break in the heat of the afternoon, then heading back again for late afternoon into the evening. It's great because summer opening hours make it easy to do that!

The crowds are also manageable if you do that and make use of Fastpass where possible (though this might be changing with Fastpass plus - nobody knows much for certain at the moment).
Great tip! And the afternoons would be a great time to use the hotel pool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
We got married on sept 2nd out there in full wedding attire and morning suits and it wasnt that hot

Its a great time to go out there
Wow I bet that was amazing! Congrats!
Good to know that it's a good time to go

So I was thinking (this trip is all I've thought about the last couple of days lol), if I don't book flights through disney will I be able to use the ME or not? Or is that only if you book you're flights through them?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

If you stay on site you can use Magical Express as long as you fly (direct or indirect) to Orlando International
Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

I didn't fully answer your question - I meant no matter who you book your flights with

BTW, I'm another Disney bride - August 17th 2009. We're going to celebrate our 5th anniversary there next year - it has flown past so quickly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: