Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Need Some Help with a Baby Shower Design! UPDATED W/ PICS OF THE FINAL PRODUCT!!!

Hello, everyone!

In the past, all the wonderful DISigners have provided some wonderful DISigns for our family for our Disney trips, & I'm so grateful for all the help, generosity, & creativity found here!

Now, I have a non-Disney request, & I'm wondering if anyone can help me...

I'm making the favors for my niece's upcoming baby shower.

This is her first baby, & we're all super excited. When I married DH, she was only 6 years old, & she was the flowergirl in our wedding. I've told her before, that, when I married DH, not only did I become a wife, but I also became an aunt for the first time! (At the time, she & her brother were the only grandkids on both my side of the family & DH's side of the family.) And, now, she's making me a great aunt!

Anyway, she's having a little boy, & the nursery is a "pond" theme - frogs, lizards, snails, etc. w/ an emphasis on frogs. The colors for the nursery are chocolate brown & lime green. And the baby's name is Rhett.

So that's the "theme" & colors we're using for her shower.

I've purchased 8-oz jelly jars, & I'm going to put gummy frogs in them & make "toppers" for the jars.

I got the idea from this...

http://http://hiphostessblog.com/2012/01/10/frog-favors/

Instructions are given in the link, but my problem is I don't know how to make circle labels - like how to make circle borders or how to make the words go in a circle around the border, if that makes sense.

If anyone can help me w/ this, I would be so happy & thankful!!

In the link, the label for the jar says, "Frogs, Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails" w/ an image of a frog.

If there's room, though, I'd really like the label to say "Frogs, Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails... That's What Little Boys Are Made Of!"

Would it be possible for there to be a brown border (like in the example picture) but for the words to also go around in a circle on the inside of the label w/ a frog in the middle? Maybe even w/ the baby's name on the frog?

Then I'd like to make a smaller circle w/ the same design that says, "Thanks for hopping by!" that I could hole punch & stick through the yarn bow.

Again, THANK YOU, in advance, for any help!!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)

Last edited by Wendy31; 04-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

They are by no means exact but hopefully you like the way they turned out.

Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Amy what an awesome job!!!! I love it

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Amy!!!!!

I absolutely love them!!! Thank you so, so much!!

I've been trying to come up w/ something myself, since I knew I'd kinda waited until the last minute to request anything. I still haven't figured out circles! And I finally went w/ a square tag design from an Avery program - I was able to figure out how to arch text though!

I had, actually, just got done printing out my tags & was trying to decide how I was going to put them on the jars when I took a break to DIS for a while!

And I was so happy & excited to see your post!!!

I like your design so much better than I what I came up w/ in the Avery program! Your design is much crisper & cleaner & much closer to what I had originally envisioned! I even like your frog better than the one I found!

I cannot thank you enough! I was squealing, &, when DH came downstairs to see what was going on, I told him, "I just knew Amy would come up w/ a great design for me!"

I appreciate so much you sharing your talent & time w/ all of us!

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Amy, I wanted to show you some pics of the favors for my niece's baby shower so you could have a chance to see your adorable design "at work"! The shower is tomorrow, & I can't wait 'til she sees them! Thank you so much for designing the labels for me!!

All 36 lined up...

The top of the lid...

And the front of the jar...

Thank you again!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
bgem75
Mouseketeer

Those are so beautiful!! Your first post made me tear up. When I met my husband my niece was 3 1/2... Now she will be 21 this year. But I so related to becoming a wife & aunt at the same time. Congratulations!!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Amy!!!!!
I absolutely love them!!! Thank you so, so much!!
I've been trying to come up w/ something myself, since I knew I'd kinda waited until the last minute to request anything. I still haven't figured out circles! And I finally went w/ a square tag design from an Avery program - I was able to figure out how to arch text though!
I had, actually, just got done printing out my tags & was trying to decide how I was going to put them on the jars when I took a break to DIS for a while!
And I was so happy & excited to see your post!!!
I like your design so much better than I what I came up w/ in the Avery program! Your design is much crisper & cleaner & much closer to what I had originally envisioned! I even like your frog better than the one I found!
I cannot thank you enough! I was squealing, &, when DH came downstairs to see what was going on, I told him, "I just knew Amy would come up w/ a great design for me!"
I appreciate so much you sharing your talent & time w/ all of us!
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Amy, I wanted to show you some pics of the favors for my niece's baby shower so you could have a chance to see your adorable design "at work"! The shower is tomorrow, & I can't wait 'til she sees them! Thank you so much for designing the labels for me!!
All 36 lined up...
The top of the lid...
And the front of the jar...
Thank you again!!!
I am so glad I was able to help with such a special event! I am sure it was a great success. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. I always like to see the finished product and those jars turned out so cute!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Great ideas!!! Love those little jars...so precious...

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: