Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #91
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Me too!! That apple crisp and the usually peaceful upstairs seating are the only reasons I'll go there. I'm not a fan of the food. Not even the much ballyhooed tuna sandwich. Meh. I know, I'm a weirdo.
I agree that is it very peaceful upstairs, but I haven't been able to get up there these past few trips due to this crappy ankle and having to have the scooter. We try to get there early before it is too crowded though.

You might be a little weird, but that is one of the things i LOVE about you, so I wouldn't want you to change .... not one bit !!!

Oh, and I need to discuss OUAT with you. What do you think of them making Belle bad ?? I'm not sure I like it much and who is this new chick supposed to be ?? Neil's fiance ?? I love that show though. I am becoming increasingly disappointed in Mad Men. Same ole story. No one on that show has many redeeming qualities any more. They have all become so morally bankrupt. Hopefully, the next few episodes will be better.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #92
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Ive fell a bit behind but I must comment about breakfast at the Wave. Would love to try it sometime, the buffet looks yummy and fresh.

Also happy to hear that you were able to get chicken nuggets at the Plaza. The kids menu there hasn't been appealing to my DD, she usually just wants fries, but she would go for those nuggets.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Up next: Wilderness Lodge

Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #93
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Ive fell a bit behind but I must comment about breakfast at the Wave. Would love to try it sometime, the buffet looks yummy and fresh.

Also happy to hear that you were able to get chicken nuggets at the Plaza. The kids menu there hasn't been appealing to my DD, she usually just wants fries, but she would go for those nuggets.
We really loved the buffet there and would definitely go back. I recommend it !!

I know what you mean. I was happy that she was able to get them. Those fries were the BEST !! Soooo perfect !!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #94
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

You've been eating at many of our favourite places!

The Wave, CHH, Contempo Cafe are all on our list of repeat favourites although we've yet to try The Wave at breakfast. I hear good things about it so I'm planning a breakfast visit this fall. Looking at your yummy pictures sealed the deal!

Great updates, looking forward to more.

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #95
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
You've been eating at many of our favourite places!

The Wave, CHH, Contempo Cafe are all on our list of repeat favourites although we've yet to try The Wave at breakfast. I hear good things about it so I'm planning a breakfast visit this fall. Looking at your yummy pictures sealed the deal!

Great updates, looking forward to more.
I highly recommend the breakfast. We really enjoyed it !!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #96
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

Question....

I love that you share meals with DH. I don't need all the food offered either. Although my DH is 6'4" without a speck of fat on him at 57 and eats his meal and half of mine! Wish I had his metabolism. Anyway! I get saving TS so you can later use two per person at a signature restaurant, but what do you do with the extra counter service meals? Unless you aren't on DP. But I thought I read you were.
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #97
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide receiver View Post
Question....

I love that you share meals with DH. I don't need all the food offered either. Although my DH is 6'4" without a speck of fat on him at 57 and eats his meal and half of mine! Wish I had his metabolism. Anyway! I get saving TS so you can later use two per person at a signature restaurant, but what do you do with the extra counter service meals? Unless you aren't on DP. But I thought I read you were.
We were on the DDP. We didn't have any extra credits left over. We used them all. Sometimes we ate breakfast with our credits, too. You will see later that we had some breakfast stuff. This trip, we only had the DDP for the first five nights of our trip. the last two nights we didn't have it, but since our DDP expire until the midnight on the 6th, we stretched it out through that day.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #98
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Oh, and I need to discuss OUAT with you. What do you think of them making Belle bad ?? I'm not sure I like it much and who is this new chick supposed to be ?? Neil's fiance ?? I love that show though. I am becoming increasingly disappointed in Mad Men. Same ole story. No one on that show has many redeeming qualities any more. They have all become so morally bankrupt. Hopefully, the next few episodes will be better.
Well, they really had no where to go but bad with Belle. People in Storybrooke are generally the opposite of who they were in the Enchanted Forrest, so it makes sense. My true disappointment is that they didn't name her Claire. I really wanted that to happen. I like that her being bad has brought out the worst in Rumple. It could make for interesting storyline. She clearly is interested in him b/c he's a bad guy. So she falls in love with the evil side of Rumple, they have true love's kiss, she regains her memories and bam! remembers all the bad stuff Rumple did while she was Lacey. She turns from him b/c he hasn't changed.

I can't decide about Tamara. I've thought she was either Tinkerbell or Tiger Lilly, but that doesn't seem plausible. Neil should've recognized her if that were true, but who knows maybe not. They are messing up the timeline for Bae/Neil by dumping him in the Peter Pan story at the age he went through the portal. I guess they can always play it off that before he landed in turn of the century England he was in some other places where time stood still, and thus did not age, but that is weak. Then I thought maybe she and Greg have something to do with Dr. Frankenstein. It was interesting that Greg dropped the whole "science is stronger than magic" line on Regina. Not sure what the connection is. Or perhaps they will have to run to Dr. Frankenstein for help. I know the actor who plays Dr. Frankenstein shot another episode or two. I'm convinced that somehow Greg/Owen is a part of the Flynn family from Tron. Adam Horowitz refuses to answer my question about that though. LOL!

I agree, Mad Men is a huge yawn fest. I really hoped it would regain its footing this year now that things are back to normal with the show, but the story telling just isn't any good. Betty was a great character and they've done nothing with her this season. Her husband is a total yawn, as is Megan. Pete is still semi interesting. I liked him in tonight's episode..what I watched of it anyway.

Last edited by Pixie Princess; 04-28-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #99
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Well, they really had no where to go but bad with Belle. People in Storybrooke are generally the opposite of who they were in the Enchanted Forrest, so it makes sense. My true disappointment is that they didn't name her Claire. I really wanted that to happen. I like that her being bad has brought out the worst in Rumple. It could make for interesting storyline. She clearly is interested in him b/c he's a bad guy. So she falls in love with the evil side of Rumple, they have true love's kiss, she regains her memories and bam! remembers all the bad stuff Rumple did while she was Lacey. She turns from him b/c he hasn't changed.

I can't decide about Tamara. I've thought she was either Tinkerbell or Tiger Lilly, but that doesn't seem plausible. Neil should've recognized her if that were true, but who knows maybe not. They are messing up the timeline for Bae/Neil by dumping him in the Peter Pan story at the age he went through the portal. I guess they can always play it off that before he landed in turn of the century England he was in some other places where time stood still, and thus did not age, but that is weak. Then I thought maybe she and Greg have something to do with Dr. Frankenstein. It was interesting that Greg dropped the whole "science is stronger than magic" line on Regina. Not sure what the connection is. Or perhaps they will have to run to Dr. Frankenstein for help. I know the actor who plays Dr. Frankenstein shot another episode or two. I'm convinced that somehow Greg/Owen is a part of the Flynn family from Tron. Adam Horowitz refuses to answer my question about that though. LOL!

I agree, Mad Men is a huge yawn fest. I really hoped it would regain its footing this year now that things are back to normal with the show, but the story telling just isn't any good. Betty was a great character and they've done nothing with her this season. Her husband is a total yawn, as is Megan. Pete is still semi interesting. I liked him in tonight's episode..what I watched of it anyway.
I miss LOST.

Mad Men = yawn for sure.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #100
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just dropping in to say I am loving your reviews
You have a few of our faves and some that we haven't been to yet so it's all great info
I really want to try LTT but everyone seems to be steering me towards the lunch
Great idea to split meals with DH, really stretches out those credits
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #101
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just dropping in to say I am loving your reviews
You have a few of our faves and some that we haven't been to yet so it's all great info
I really want to try LTT but everyone seems to be steering me towards the lunch
Great idea to split meals with DH, really stretches out those credits
Linda !!! I love reading your reviews as well.

I would recommend LTT lunch over dinner as well. It is just sooo much better !!

Yes, we like to stretch out the credits and you waste less food.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #102
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Oh, and I need to discuss OUAT with you. What do you think of them making Belle bad ?? I'm not sure I like it much and who is this new chick supposed to be ?? Neil's fiance ?? I love that show though. .
Aargh, you should have had a spoiler alert - we are a good few episodes behind here in the UK
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #104
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Sorry !! I had no clue you even watched it over there. Kind of like Downton Abbey over here, I guess ??
I've never watched Downton Abbey - does that make me a bad Brit!

The new series of OUAT (Season 2) has only started here a couple of weeks ago. You must be miles ahead of us (I have deliverately avoided Pixie Princess post as I can see that she has posted a lot of stuff about it, presumably). Hopefully we will be on the next page soon and I won't have to worry about skimming past it
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #105
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I've never watched Downton Abbey - does that make me a bad Brit!

The new series of OUAT (Season 2) has only started here a couple of weeks ago. You must be miles ahead of us (I have deliverately avoided Pixie Princess post as I can see that she has posted a lot of stuff about it, presumably). Hopefully we will be on the next page soon and I won't have to worry about skimming past it
She and I will discuss that on Facebook from now on. Sorry to spoil. I hate that when that happens to me.

Not watched Downton Abbey ??? What ?? Haha. We love it over here !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: