Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #76
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
I love the name for the first beer in the beer flight. Made me laugh out loud.

Everything looks so good.

And yes the PINK Grey Goose Slushie is beautiful. Looks really refreshing too.
I thought that was funny, too.

It really was refreshing. Just loverly ....
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #77
jecskc
DIS Veteran

April 3, 2013

For dinner we went to the Plaza at Magic Kingdom.

There were lots of people trying to get a walk up table here and they had turned about 3 or 4 parties away when it was my turn at the podium. I smiled sweetly and said …… “I have a reservation !!” The girl smiled back and me and said, “and for that you will be rewarded.” And we were seated instantly.

We got to sit in the cupola section ad had a great view of the castle …… and the rain. But it was still fun to sit there and watch the crowds.

DS got another burger

This was your regular burger. Better than the QS ones, though. The french fries on the other hand … were perfect. We all loved them !!

DD got chicken nuggets and french fries

I don’t think these were on the menu, but we asked the waitress if she could get us some and it wasn’t a problem at all.

DH and I shared the meatloaf

If I went again, I would order something besides the meatloaf. It was OK. But I wasn’t crazy about the gravy they had all over everything.

For dessert, DS got a sundae

DD got a kids sundae

This had cookies and cream ice cream and the waitress made sure they opened a new one and a fresh scoop was used so there wouldn’t be any cross contamination with peanuts. We really appreciated this effort. She really loved the chocolate ears.

DH and I shared the Brownie sundae

The ice cream was top notch and aside from the medicore meatloaf, we really loved our meal and would go back.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #78
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read and see more! Yummy pictures!
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #80
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Don't know how I missed this

Still, I am here now. I sure hope they have that pink Grey Goose slushie next year at the Flower and Garden festival

Loving your reviews so far and looking forward to reading more
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #81
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Don't know how I missed this

Still, I am here now. I sure hope they have that pink Grey Goose slushie next year at the Flower and Garden festival

Loving your reviews so far and looking forward to reading more
Thanks so much for following along !!

I loved that Pink Grey Goose Slushie. Yes, that deserves an all caps description. Because it ....was awesome. I didn't have enough of them. They were so wonderful !!

More coming up !! We have four more days to cover !!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #82
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

My DD loves the flat bread at Contempo Cafe. They have an amazing fish sandwich there that I usually get. And the desserts..yum! I really love that place.

Seems to me no other restaurant at WDW should attempt meatloaf knowing they are competing with the bacon wrapped meatloaf at WPE. It's bacon wrapped for goodness sakes...you can't beat that! We walked up to Plaza the Thanksgiving before last. DD really enjoyed her meal. I got a sandwich that was good, but that strawberry salad they have looked sooo good. I really regretted not ordering it instead. DD also said the sundae was really good.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #83
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
My DD loves the flat bread at Contempo Cafe. They have an amazing fish sandwich there that I usually get. And the desserts..yum! I really love that place.

Seems to me no other restaurant at WDW should attempt meatloaf knowing they are competing with the bacon wrapped meatloaf at WPE. It's bacon wrapped for goodness sakes...you can't beat that! We walked up to Plaza the Thanksgiving before last. DD really enjoyed her meal. I got a sandwich that was good, but that strawberry salad they have looked sooo good. I really regretted not ordering it instead. DD also said the sundae was really good.
We really liked Contempo Cafe, too.

I liked everything at the Plaza, but the meatloaf was just Meh. You are right !! They just can't compete with WPE. I take the bacon off of that and the meatloaf is still better. At the Plaza, it wasn't so much the meatloaf that didn't taste good, it was the gravy that was all over everything. It was just icky. I scraped it off and that made things better. Thank goodness there was ice cream to help cheer me up !!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #84
jecskc
DIS Veteran

April 4. 2013

We hit the MK early, so we just had a quick breakfast in the room.

For lunch we went to Columbia Harbor House. We always have the same thing here because it never disappoints us.

They give you a ton of food so DH and I split the shrimp platter

And for dessert we got the Apple crisp.

It was good as always and the apple crisp was pleasantly warm this time.

DH always says it could use a scoop of ice cream, but I like it plain.

The kids got some Chicken nuggets

This is actually half since they split it. It has 8-9 nuggets and the shrimp platter has the same amount so both are enough to split between 4 people. We do this to stretch out our credits and who needs that much food ?? I know I don’t.

They had chocolate cake for dessert.

But, even though we were there early …. It took forever to get our food. I am not sure what it is about this place. Maybe I always get in the wrong line. But for some reason it seems to take so long to get our food. We got there about 11:15 AM. Anyway, we love this place and sometimes I think I should branch out and try the Tuna sandwich or the Lighthouse sandwich, but I always go back to the shrimp because it is so good and consistent.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #85
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

We have had the same issue with a long wait for our food at CHH twice now a bit after they open. Its like they just aren't ready for people to start ordering food!

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #86
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Columbia Harbour House is our favourite counter service place in the Disney parks. I love that they spelt the word 'harbour' right too

The apple crisp always looks like it will be dry and slightly stale but it tastes much better than it looks. My DH thinks it would be better with custard though.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #87
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
We have had the same issue with a long wait for our food at CHH twice now a bit after they open. Its like they just aren't ready for people to start ordering food!
I can never figure out what seems to take so long either, but it always does. It is worth it though. The food never disappoints us.

Quote:
Columbia Harbour House is our favourite counter service place in the Disney parks. I love that they spelt the word 'harbour' right too

The apple crisp always looks like it will be dry and slightly stale but it tastes much better than it looks. My DH thinks it would be better with custard though.
Haha on the spelling !!

I just love that apple crisp. I mean it is really an apple pie, but I really love it.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #88
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Haha on the spelling !!

I just love that apple crisp. I mean it is really an apple pie, but I really love it.
OMG, just realised you had spelled it the 'American' way on your post - I wasn't having a dig at your spelling I was just saying it because I love that they spell 'harbour' the 'English' way. So sorry if you thought it was aimed at you
Old 04-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #89
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG, just realised you had spelled it the 'American' way on your post - I wasn't having a dig at your spelling I was just saying it because I love that they spell 'harbour' the 'English' way. So sorry if you thought it was aimed at you
I didn't take it that way at all !! Don't you fret !! I completely understood what you were saying. It is all good, my dear !!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #90
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Me too!! That apple crisp and the usually peaceful upstairs seating are the only reasons I'll go there. I'm not a fan of the food. Not even the much ballyhooed tuna sandwich. Meh. I know, I'm a weirdo.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: