Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #61
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I had no idea it served breakfast. I will try it one day though.

Yes, we discovered that last year sometime.

Oh I would have said something about the onion rings. They are so good there.

They really are. But by the time the food came, we decided not to bother. We figured it would take too long. Besides, we had plenty to eat.

Sorry your time there wasn’t as fun. Hopefully next it will be.

It was still good, though. We like it there and the kids eat well there, so it stays on the list.

Captain Cook’s looked good.
It is. That pork sandwich is FABULOUS !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #62
jecskc
DIS Veteran

April 2, 2013

We were at Epoct on this day and the Kids wanted lunch at the Mexico quick service, La Cantina San Angel.

For lunch, the kids had nachos.

And Churros

Which they love. They really like eating here and DH and I do as well. The kids like their nachos with just cheese, DH and I like ours loaded up. It is a ton of food, so we often split some so we dont waste credits.

But on this day DH and I didn't eat with the kids, I wanted to enjoy the food that Epcot had to offer via the Flower and Garden booths they had set up for the festival.

Our first sampling was from the Florida Fresh booth.

DH and I shared the Shrimp and Grits

This was really good. It was served hot and had a lot of flavor. Also, it had a little kick to it. We really enjoyed this.

Later, we stopped by the Smokehouse booth in the America Pavilion.

We ordered the Brisket

This was really good. Some people have been complaining about this being too much fat, but ours wasnt fatty at all and the cornbread had a good kick to it. Very yummy.

We also ordered the Pulled Pork Slider

This was so yummy. I loved the combination of the pork and the slaw. The bread was good quality, nice and fresh and tasty. They had extra bbq sauce you could use to put it on your sandwich. We liked this better than the brisket, but the brisket was still very good. And for this being a snack credit, it was a good value because it was a full size sandwich.

We also had the Rocky Road Brownie Mousse.

If you love chocolate, this is the dessert for you. I was bummed I had to share this and though about going to get another one. Dang this thing was super good.

To drink, we got the beer sampler

DH had the dark ones and I had the light ones. I liked one more than the other, but I am not sure which one it was.

We enjoyed our food there very much and would go back later on in the week.

We moved on to explore some more and then I HAD to stop at the booth in France

Yall they had my favorite drink  Grey Goose Slushie  but this time is was in my favorite color  PINK

A PINK Grey Goose Slushie !!! I had to have one. I was chanting along the way to get it ..pink, pink, pink. DH was laughing at me. But you judge for yourself.

Isnt it BEAUTIFUL ?!! It tasted awesome too. I had to share it with DH and he had way too much of it. I should have just gotten two of them.

Last edited by jecskc; 04-24-2013 at 09:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #63
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
April 2, 2013

Isn’t it BEAUTIFUL ?!! It tasted awesome too. I had to share it with DH and he had way too much of it. I should have just gotten two of them.
It is beautiful indeed!! Those things are seriously addictive and they were serving pink ones? That just takes it to the next level of awesomeness!

Just caught up with your reviews and am enjoying them immensely. Your meal at Prime Time looked really good, bummer about the rings though. The shrimp and grits looked amazing as did your other selections at the F&G booths. I wonder if this is something they'll continue from now on?

Looking forward to the next installment!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #64
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
It is beautiful indeed!! Those things are seriously addictive and they were serving pink ones? That just takes it to the next level of awesomeness!

Just caught up with your reviews and am enjoying them immensely. Your meal at Prime Time looked really good, bummer about the rings though. The shrimp and grits looked amazing as did your other selections at the F&G booths. I wonder if this is something they'll continue from now on?

Looking forward to the next installment!
I did taste awesome. Instead of the lemon flavor, it was made with cranberry, but it wasn't super tart. I loved it !!!

I hope they keep up the food booths. We haven't been able to get to Food and Wine the last several years because of the kids' school schedules, so it was really nice to partake of these at the Flower and Garden. We very much enjoyed them !!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #65
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far, looking forward to more

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #66
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Pink Grey Goose Slushie looks so girly, I must have one!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #67
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Great reviews so far, looking forward to more
Hey thanks !!! I am so happy you are following along. thanks for stopping in to say hello !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Pink Grey Goose Slushie looks so girly, I must have one!
I just loved it !! It embodies all that I adore. Pink vodka. How could you go wrong ??
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #68
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

(I'm two weeks behind, but) I'm in!

That PINK Grey Goose Slushie looks AWESOME!

I really need to try the churros at La Cantina sometime.

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #69
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
(I'm two weeks behind, but) I'm in!

I am so glad you are following along !!

That PINK Grey Goose Slushie looks AWESOME!

It was !! I loved it !!

I really need to try the churros at La Cantina sometime.
The churros are OK. We enjoy them. But we really like the nachos. The kids prefer just cheese, but DH and I like them with everything !!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #70
jecskc
DIS Veteran

For dinner we had Liberty Tree Tavern.

Here they serve the Pilgrim’s Feast all you can eat.

Bill Of Fare

Declaration Salad - Tossed mixed greens with house-made dressing

Patriot's Platter - Roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and sliced pork, with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb-bread stuffing and macaroni and cheese

Johnny Appleseed's Cake -Tavern made white cake filled with apples and Craisins dried cranberries, topped with ice cream

Rolls

These were OK. I remember them being bigger and more yeasty last time. I tried not to fill up on them.

Declaration salad.

Again. Your basic salad. Nothing special.

Patriot’s platter.

These were all good. Very filling.

Mac and cheese

The kids really loved this.

Squash and carrots

Mashed potatoes and gravy – green beans in the back

Veggies were OK.

DH got a birthday cupcake

Johnny Appleseed cake.

This was OK. The food here was pretty good, but not wonderful. It was loud and busy, but we expected that. The service was good and friendly. The kids ate well and that made us happy. I would go back for the kids, but I prefer the lunch here better. We left full and satisfied.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #71
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I agree with you on LTT. I much prefer their lunch. The only reason to do the dinner in the past was because of the great character interaction. Since that's gone, I stick with lunch!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #72
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I agree with you on LTT. I much prefer their lunch. The only reason to do the dinner in the past was because of the great character interaction. Since that's gone, I stick with lunch!
Yes, the lunch is much better. It is nice to have options on what to order and there's that ooey gooey toffee cake. That is worth it right there !!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #73
jecskc
DIS Veteran

April 3, 2013

We slept in today and we had an ADR for breakfast at the Wave. The kids didn’t want to go and no was mad about that !! So DH and I went alone and enjoyed the buffet there.

Our server was Ashley, I think and we just loved here. We got drinks – coffee for me and OJ for DH.

We looked over the menu and decided to get the buffet.

My first plate

Sausage, Danish, biscuits and gravy, potatoes and eggs. All very good. The Danish was marked cherry flavored, but it wasn’t. I seemed more like strawberry. Anyway, it was good enough.

DH’s plate

Eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon. Loved it.

DH’s second plate

Yogurt, berries, bacon and hard boiled egg.

My second plate

Mickey waffles, cheese Danish and a biscuit and gravy.

YUM !!

We enjoyed our breakfast very much and would go back for sure.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #74
jecskc
DIS Veteran

On the way back from our Wave breakfast, we picked up some quick service at Contempo Café for the kids.

It took us a few minutes to figure out the ordering routine, but we just asked someone instead of struggling with it and got it all figured out.

We got DD a cheese flatbread

She really loved this. Said it was very good. She liked the crispy crust and enjoyed the stringy cheese.

We got her a birthday cake cupcake for dessert.

This had a Minnie ring on top that I had to squish down to put it in the box to carry back to the room. DD really liked this cupcake. It was huge and it had cream in the middle. I wish I had gotten a picture of the middle because it was a really neat cupcake. Anyway, she dubbed this the best cupcake ever.

DH got a burger

Your basic burger. You know. He ate it all.

We also brought him back a sugar cookie.

He said this was a really good cookie and said he was going to go back to Contempo Café and get another one.

They really liked their food from here, so we were glad we brought it back for them.

Last edited by jecskc; 04-29-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #75
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

I love the name for the first beer in the beer flight. Made me laugh out loud.

Everything looks so good.

And yes the PINK Grey Goose Slushie is beautiful. Looks really refreshing too.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: