Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #31
CatDenver
Mouseketeer
 
CatDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 334

What is the Mystery?

I titled this thread the HalloWonder Mystery tour but no one has ever asked and I've never offered up what the mystery is. More to come on that!
__________________
Catherine

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)




Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #32
minniescout
Mouseketeer
 
minniescout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 112

So..... what is the myster!?
minniescout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #33
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears
 
disneyfreakliveshere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 40

Great report. I love your thoughts on reading the boards. I too have thought the same things. We are going on our first Cruise in Aug and I am trying to figure out if we should even get off the boat in Nassau.
disneyfreakliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #34
Great Scott
Earning My Ears
 
Great Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charles Town, WV
Posts: 29

Looks like it was fun!

We never get off at Nassau anymore. We saw it once, that was enough. More to do and safer on the ship.

Last edited by Great Scott; 06-22-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: EDIT: Posted in wrong place, sorry.
Great Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
dreamcat78
Earning My Ears
 
dreamcat78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32

Well I'm in since I'm cruising with you lol I love how active our FB group is because I am on there most of the day !!! This is such a joy to read because of all the crazy things we do to per-plan for out trip!! I'm happy group 2 closed so I can get to work on my crafting for our FE!!! Hope all is well with you Cat
__________________
dreamcat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #36
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo
 
hurleysweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,616

Hi Catherine! It's Julie from the FB group. I meant to go to bed like 30 mins ago but then I went to the DIS and it was all downhill from there. I remembered that I "needed" to read your PTR, so here I am!

My DH is actually from Denver - Arvada to be more specific - and having spent some holidays up there, I know all to well how weather can be! I remember DH, who's birthday is in early May, recalling how it snowed on his birthday once. Yikes!

Also, I love all your emoticons!
__________________
(me)... (DH)... (DD - 5 months)... (Puppy Otis) --- "Your grace is enough for me" ---
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #37
RockinMama
Earning My Ears
 
RockinMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 36

Love your pre-trip reports!
__________________
RockinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #38
CatDenver
Mouseketeer
 
CatDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Hi Catherine! It's Julie from the FB group. I meant to go to bed like 30 mins ago but then I went to the DIS and it was all downhill from there. I remembered that I "needed" to read your PTR, so here I am!

My DH is actually from Denver - Arvada to be more specific - and having spent some holidays up there, I know all to well how weather can be! I remember DH, who's birthday is in early May, recalling how it snowed on his birthday once. Yikes!

Also, I love all your emoticons!
Hey Julie! I've been so caught up in all the activity in our FB group that I've neglected the DIS.

Yes, our weather is something else here. Most of the time I like it but the snow thing can get a bit annoying when the rest of the country is experiencing spring. :-)
__________________
Catherine

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)




Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #39
CatDenver
Mouseketeer
 
CatDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinMama View Post
Love your pre-trip reports!
Glad you're enjoying it, RockinMama! I like your DIS name! It's far more creative than mine. I'm overdue for an update so I'm going to try to work on that tonight. So much has happened since the last update!
__________________
Catherine

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)




Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #40
gunka
DIS Veteran
 
gunka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDenver View Post
I titled this thread the HalloWonder Mystery tour but no one has ever asked and I've never offered up what the mystery is. More to come on that!
Wondering what the "Mystery" is.....
__________________
Disneyland Resort Veteran - Feb 2012 Wonder Mexican Riviera - Sept 2012 Wonder California Pixar Cruise - Oct 2013 Wonder Halloween Bahamas Cruise
Myself, DW, and DD(5)
gunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #41
CatDenver
Mouseketeer
 
CatDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunka View Post
Wondering what the "Mystery" is.....
Wow, my last update we were 137 days out. As of today we have 80 days to go until we board. So for those of you that think the wait is long, take heart. The time truly does go by fast.

I've been reminded by a fellow cruiser that I've left things hanging on the pre-trip report. I'm now working on the update to explain the mystery portion of this. Just so you know, I type my report in Word then copy and paste. From an editing perspective it's much easier.

So standby....I will get an update posted and give insight into the mystery.
__________________
Catherine

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)




Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #42
CatDenver
Mouseketeer
 
CatDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 334

The Mystery Explained

So a bit of time has passed since my last update. Part of the reason for my neglect is that we have a very active Facebook group for our cruise and most of my time has been spent there. Plus, I've found that the DIS starts to get a bit repetitive. How many times can one read a thread that explains what an FE is or whether one should get passports for their kids?

Although, if you will, give me a moment to take this little rabbit trail and talk about some of the more interesting threads Iíve read on the DIS. My favorite has been DCL Confessions. If you havenít read it, look it up and take the time to read it. Itís hilarious! Other standout threads are:

* Family names announced on boarding day?
* So Iím a ďcheap suitĒ kinda guy
* Stop hogging all the H2O!!!
* Exotic Rasul: Expensive conjugal visit?

These all are interesting studies in human behavior. The reactions to the comments in these threads are kind of funny but also show that we all have different things that push our buttons. Iíve been tempted a few times to engage in the discussions but, you know, Iím just not one to poke a stick at an already busy bee hive.

So back to the trip report. First, I need to answer the question around what is the mystery. Well, my dear reader, Iím sorry to tell you that itís actually very anti-climactic. The mystery was that I was trying to keep as much of the details about the cruise as secret as possible from my husband so it would be as much of a surprise as possible. The only thing I wanted him to know was that we were taking a Disney cruise and the only reason he knew that was to get his passport. Slowly but surely he started asking questions and because I canít keep a secret to save my life I ended up spilling the beans about the suite, concierge service, cabanas, everything! I could have probably danced around his questions but I was so excited about how cool everything will be that I caved like house of cards. I even told him about the cool beer glass deal the other day. The only secret left is the birthday cake and the massage, if I book one. Needless to say, espionage is not a field I would have been successful in. The other thing about calling this the Yours, Mine, and Ours HalloWonder Mystery Tour is that I had the Beatlesí song, ďMagical Mystery TourĒ in my head and thatís what this trip feels like.


None of us have been on a Disney cruise, so to a certain extent the mystery is still there. Because in spite of all reading and DVDs and YouTube videos on DCL, we still wonít know what itís like until we get there. So I guess it's still a Mystery Tour. But Wonderful rather than Magical!


From a planning perspective, we did get our port excursions planned and reserved. At Key West weíre going to just hang out and see what there is to see. You know, the whole tourist thing. In Castaway Cay, we were able to get cabana #7 and I actually found a YouTube video on that specific cabana. At Nassau, BJ, the younger kids and I are doing the Graycliff Chocolatier tour. If I get nothing else out of it, Iíll at least have learned how to spell chocolatier correctly. The older kids didn't want to do it so theyíll be on their own. It took some time convincing BJ that weíre not stepping into the favelas of Rio and that weíll be fine. So port excursion planning is done. Check that box!

So whatís left? Well, there are still pirate costumes to be made. And Halloween costumes to be chosen and made and/or purchased. Michael changes his mind about costumes with every movie he sees. He started out wanting to be a ninja after seeing a martial arts documentary. Then he saw the Wolverine movie and decided he wanted to be Wolverine. Yeah, those sharp razor hands will get through airport security, no problem. Iím so glad Thor comes out after we get back. Not sure that big hammer would get through security either. He's watching "Jurassic Park" as I type so he'd better not come in here and tell me he wants to be a dinosaur! Catie and I are doing a mother/daughter costume of Merida and Meridaís mom. BJ had been looking at 70ís pimp outfits (yes, I can use the word pimp on the DIS, I did a search and found it used a few times) but I think he realized this is a Disney cruise , not a frat house Halloween party . So heís decided heíll likely go as Yen Sid. Who, you ask? I'm not telling. As my 7th grade English teacher always said, look it up! I think itís a good choice for a costume.

As for FE gifts, ay caramba. I canít reveal what it is Iím making but I had to sew 96 of them. Iíve sewn 52 so far. Thank goodness our FE group is only 25 cabins per group or I wouldnít have been able to do it. Iíve got a couple other things Iím making when I need a break from the sewing. All I know is we havenít eaten at our dining room table since Easter.

Okay, well, I've fulfilled my reporting commitment. Until next timeÖ..adieu! Oh wait, I forgot to mention itís August in Colorado and Iím wearing a flannel nightgown. Yes, I know, thereís a great visual, right? Not sure what happened to summer but itís been weird with lots of rain (for us) and unusually cool weather. I like it. There, now I've included a Colorado weather update. Ta ta for now!
__________________
Catherine

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)




Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #43
minniescout
Mouseketeer
 
minniescout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDenver View Post
So a bit of time has passed since my last update. Part of the reason for my neglect is that we have a very active Facebook group for our cruise and most of my time has been spent there. Plus, I've found that the DIS starts to get a bit repetitive. How many times can one read a thread that explains what an FE is or whether one should get passports for their kids?

Although, if you will, give me a moment to take this little rabbit trail and talk about some of the more interesting threads Iíve read on the DIS. My favorite has been DCL Confessions. If you havenít read it, look it up and take the time to read it. Itís hilarious! Other standout threads are:

* Family names announced on boarding day?
* So Iím a ďcheap suitĒ kinda guy
* Stop hogging all the H2O!!!
* Exotic Rasul: Expensive conjugal visit?

These all are interesting studies in human behavior. The reactions to the comments in these threads are kind of funny but also show that we all have different things that push our buttons. Iíve been tempted a few times to engage in the discussions but, you know, Iím just not one to poke a stick at an already busy bee hive.

So back to the trip report. First, I need to answer the question around what is the mystery. Well, my dear reader, Iím sorry to tell you that itís actually very anti-climactic. The mystery was that I was trying to keep as much of the details about the cruise as secret as possible from my husband so it would be as much of a surprise as possible. The only thing I wanted him to know was that we were taking a Disney cruise and the only reason he knew that was to get his passport. Slowly but surely he started asking questions and because I canít keep a secret to save my life I ended up spilling the beans about the suite, concierge service, cabanas, everything! I could have probably danced around his questions but I was so excited about how cool everything will be that I caved like house of cards. I even told him about the cool beer glass deal the other day. The only secret left is the birthday cake and the massage, if I book one. Needless to say, espionage is not a field I would have been successful in. The other thing about calling this the Yours, Mine, and Ours HalloWonder Mystery Tour is that I had the Beatlesí song, ďMagical Mystery TourĒ in my head and thatís what this trip feels like.


None of us have been on a Disney cruise, so to a certain extent the mystery is still there. Because in spite of all reading and DVDs and YouTube videos on DCL, we still wonít know what itís like until we get there. So I guess it's still a Mystery Tour. But Wonderful rather than Magical!


From a planning perspective, we did get our port excursions planned and reserved. At Key West weíre going to just hang out and see what there is to see. You know, the whole tourist thing. In Castaway Cay, we were able to get cabana #7 and I actually found a YouTube video on that specific cabana. At Nassau, BJ, the younger kids and I are doing the Graycliff Chocolatier tour. If I get nothing else out of it, Iíll at least have learned how to spell chocolatier correctly. The older kids didn't want to do it so theyíll be on their own. It took some time convincing BJ that weíre not stepping into the favelas of Rio and that weíll be fine. So port excursion planning is done. Check that box!

So whatís left? Well, there are still pirate costumes to be made. And Halloween costumes to be chosen and made and/or purchased. Michael changes his mind about costumes with every movie he sees. He started out wanting to be a ninja after seeing a martial arts documentary. Then he saw the Wolverine movie and decided he wanted to be Wolverine. Yeah, those sharp razor hands will get through airport security, no problem. Iím so glad Thor comes out after we get back. Not sure that big hammer would get through security either. He's watching "Jurassic Park" as I type so he'd better not come in here and tell me he wants to be a dinosaur! Catie and I are doing a mother/daughter costume of Merida and Meridaís mom. BJ had been looking at 70ís pimp outfits (yes, I can use the word pimp on the DIS, I did a search and found it used a few times) but I think he realized this is a Disney cruise , not a frat house Halloween party . So heís decided heíll likely go as Yen Sid. Who, you ask? I'm not telling. As my 7th grade English teacher always said, look it up! I think itís a good choice for a costume.

As for FE gifts, ay caramba. I canít reveal what it is Iím making but I had to sew 96 of them. Iíve sewn 52 so far. Thank goodness our FE group is only 25 cabins per group or I wouldnít have been able to do it. Iíve got a couple other things Iím making when I need a break from the sewing. All I know is we havenít eaten at our dining room table since Easter.

Okay, well, I've fulfilled my reporting commitment. Until next timeÖ..adieu! Oh wait, I forgot to mention itís August in Colorado and Iím wearing a flannel nightgown. Yes, I know, thereís a great visual, right? Not sure what happened to summer but itís been weird with lots of rain (for us) and unusually cool weather. I like it. There, now I've included a Colorado weather update. Ta ta for now!
LOVE IT!!! Been waiting for an update! Yes, we are active on FB but I always check DIS as well.

Apparently we have been reading the same threads...there are some major opinions out there and a few fuddy duddys too! Oh well.. It will be GREAT! and MAGICAL...and there is still mystery! I read and read and researched last year and still had many 'wow' moments!

Can't wait to meet everyone in person at the meet!

OH - and my hubby definitely knows Yen Sid! Love it!

Well have to get to bed but NOT in a flannel! It's still HOT at 11pm! Lovely Texas weather in August. Send some of that cold over here from Colorado!
__________________
minniescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #44
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Mageemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88

Hey it's Mikka from FB. I love your report! And if its even possible am getting more excited about our trip! Can't wait to meet everyone! We are gonna have a blast!
__________________
Me: 33 DS:9

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #45
CatDenver
Mouseketeer
 
CatDenver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakliveshere View Post
Great report. I love your thoughts on reading the boards. I too have thought the same things. We are going on our first Cruise in Aug and I am trying to figure out if we should even get off the boat in Nassau.
Let me know what you decided to do. If you got off I'd love to hear your thoughts on Nassau!
__________________
Catherine

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)




Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: