Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Silvermist20
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!

Thumbs up What Do You Think Of These Rides?

Hello again. I forgot if I said this before (maybe on someone else's thread) but I'm kind of a weenie when it comes to certain rides and stuff so I've never been on these rides (that and nobody else in my fam wants to go on them) and I want to know your opinion on them. Here they are:
~Tower of Terror
~Primeval Whirl
~Haunted Mansion
~Mission Space Lite
~Ellen's Energy Adventure
~Great Movie Ride
~Star Tours
~Expedition Everest
PLEASE tell me what you think of these rides! It'll really help with my weenieness and my next trip! Thanks!
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.
Future Mrs. Stypayhorlikson!

Current PTR/TR: It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Silvermist20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
abidale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermist20 View Post
Hello again. I forgot if I said this before (maybe on someone else's thread) but I'm kind of a weenie when it comes to certain rides and stuff so I've never been on these rides (that and nobody else in my fam wants to go on them) and I want to know your opinion on them. Here they are:
~Tower of Terror
~Primeval Whirl
~Haunted Mansion
~Mission Space Lite
~Great Movie Ride
~Star Tours
~Expedition Everest
PLEASE tell me what you think of these rides! It'll really help with my weenieness and my next trip! Thanks!
Tower of Terror: in my opinion, the special effects aren't the scary part, I just am not a fan of heights and dropping from them so I don't ride it anymore! try it once though!
Primeval Whirl: not too too fast, a few "dips", very spinny and jerky but I love it
Haunted Mansion: can be "scary" but they are "happy haunts" so rather than being scared, I like to laugh at/with them
Mission Space Lite: I like it! this version doesn't spin so you simply get the illusion
Ellen's Energy Adventure: slow moving, not scary! very mild
Great Movie Ride: very fun but I have to close my eyes in the "Alien" scene
Star Tours: not scary! if you hve issues with 3D or motion sickness ask for a vehicle that doesn't move. very cool simulation!
Expedition Everest: think of the drop as driving down a hill rather than falling. the yeti is off more than it is on, so that special effect shouldn't be too bad and only lasts for a second anyway. the backwards part is definitely startling but once you conquer your fear on this ride it becomes a favorite!
abidale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest are the scariest on that list. Tower Terror is creepy and has good theming and of course some big free fall drops. Everest is similar to Thunder Mountain except it has a decent drop and at one point you go backwards in the dark pretty fast
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
disneyfreak0407
Earning My Ears

Tower of terrow is hands down te scarist. I will do coasters and just about anything else but tower of terror just isn't fun
disneyfreak0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

~Tower of Terror: I think The ToT is a good ride to try once or twice, but it can be a little scary. I'm quite small for my age and when it drops, I always fly up, kind of off the seat. I mean, the seatbelt holds you in, but the falling's quite fast, so in my opinion, it's pretty scary.
~Primeval Whirl: Honestly, I'm not a fan on this ride. It's not scary, it's just really jerky and when you ride it with other people in the car, you might smash into them a lot. Whenever I get off, my neck and head always hurt, but you should at least try it because it doesn't have the same effect on my brother, so it might not you either.
~Haunted Mansion: It's intended to be scary, and it could be scary to smaller children, but as a teenager, it's not really scary, but more... fun. I love the Haunted Mansion and I can't go to Walt Disney World and not ride it. It's simply impossible.
~Mission Space Lite: This ride isn't scary at all. Sometimes I go on it with my mom, who's a bit timid of the intense version. Since this one doesn't spin it's almost impossible to get any sort of motion sickness, which isn't very likely even if it did spin. I like this ride a lot- even though I like the intense version even more, so you should definitely at least try the lite version.
~Ellen's Energy Adventure: Scary? Not this ride. It hardly moves at all and there's nothing else that could even be scary about it. For thrill seekers, it's even a little boring.
~Great Movie Ride: I LOVE this ride! It's one of my favorites! The only scary part is the scene from Alien, which is only a little scary. Nothing touches you, but it's loud, bright and the alien is pretty scary looking.
~Star Tours: Not scary at all! It's even better than it used to be since they've re done it. It moves you around a bit, but nothing major. On a fear scale from 1-10, Star Tours would be a 1 or even a 0.
~Expedition Everest: I went on this when I was 7 years old and only found it to be a little scary, and definitely something I would do again. The drops on this roller coaster aren't bad. Going backwards is a little scary for me, but it was do-able when I was 7 years old and I still wanted to get back on, so it's not that scary. I recommend at least trying it.
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
Disneyfreak001
"I dont't wanna be the bad guy anymore"

Quote:
~Tower of Terror
~Primeval Whirl
~Haunted Mansion
~Mission Space Lite
~Great Movie Ride
~Star Tours
~Expedition Everest

ToT: rode once, never again. that explains that.
Primeval whirl: not my fav but Ok.
Haunted Mansion: Ride it
Mission Space: Epic ride (unless you get motion sickness)
Ellen's Energy Ride: skip it it's boring
Great Movie Ride: Epic
Star Tours: Like the best ride ever!
Expedition Everest: I'm a weenie about that one too, never rode it.

Hope that helped
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
ArielsLongLostSister
DIS Veteran

Tower of Terror is my all time favorite. Haunted Mansion, Ellen, and the Movie Ride are great, not scary at all! Ive never been on Primeval Whirl...but Mission Space is the BEST. Not a scary feeling, it's actually really cool. Expedition isn't bad and the backwards is fine as long as you don't sit RIGHT in the front, when you get to the point where it stops & reverses, that freaks me out being RIGHT on the edge.
ArielsLongLostSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
~Tower of Terror
~Primeval Whirl
~Haunted Mansion
~Mission Space Lite
~Great Movie Ride
~Star Tours
~Expedition Everest
Tower of terror it's not that bad go on it and you'll love it
Primeval whirl nothing should hold you back its not scary at all maybe even kinda boring after a while
Haunted mansion is a must I will never not go on it please go on it
Mission space i have only been on the lite version and its not bad at all
Ellen's in Epcot your limited on attractions so I think you need to take all of them in
Great movie ride its old but still a fun experience
Star tours fun ride another must do please go on it
Expedition Everest is a must in AK if the long lines bother you get a fast pass

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
Silvermist20

Just a reminder that I'm not afraid of all of the rides. Just some of them. Some of them my family never go on like the Great Movie Ride and Ellen's and I just feel like trying them finally.
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.

Current PTR/TR: It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
Cinderella8
Don't question my nerdy logic

~Tower of Terror- Awesome, though my mom won't let me ride alone, so my record is only 2 rides in one trip.
~Primeval Whirl-Okay, not my fave ride. Rarely ride it.
~Haunted Mansion-One of my favorites! My sister is terrified of it, though
~Mission Space Lite-Love it! Once, I was the only person in an entire ship, because my partners were afraid of the dark.
~Ellen's Energy Adventure-Never heard of it?
~Great Movie Ride-Only ridden it once. It's okay, I like riding it, but my siblings don't.
~Star Tours-Awesome! I've ridden it six times in one day before. It's fun and cool, even though I don't watch Star Wars.
~Expedition Everest-Top three favorite rides! A few tips: No, you don't go upside down, just feel's like it, and they take the pictures after you see the shadow of the Yedi on a projector.
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #11
Silvermist20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
~Tower of Terror- Awesome, though my mom won't let me ride alone, so my record is only 2 rides in one trip.
~Primeval Whirl-Okay, not my fave ride. Rarely ride it.
~Haunted Mansion-One of my favorites! My sister is terrified of it, though
~Mission Space Lite-Love it! Once, I was the only person in an entire ship, because my partners were afraid of the dark.
~Ellen's Energy Adventure-Never heard of it?
~Great Movie Ride-Only ridden it once. It's okay, I like riding it, but my siblings don't.
~Star Tours-Awesome! I've ridden it six times in one day before. It's fun and cool, even though I don't watch Star Wars.
~Expedition Everest-Top three favorite rides! A few tips: No, you don't go upside down, just feel's like it, and they take the pictures after you see the shadow of the Yedi on a projector.
Ellen's Energy Adventure is in Epcot.

Disney, basically.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

I'm surprised Ellen's Energy Adventure is still open lol it's my least favorite ride and there's never anybody on it
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Silvermist20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
I'm surprised Ellen's Energy Adventure is still open lol it's my least favorite ride and there's never anybody on it
That probably means something...
Maybe they should've made it more like Disney

Disney, basically.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: