Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
yarlenna
Mouseketeer

Hi - I LIVE here and cannot deal with the water. Brita makes it OK to drink. I keep a large bottle on ice.
yarlenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #32
bowbat
DIS Veteran

I also live in Florida -- our tap water is the worst. I won't even make coffee with it; I use filtered water otherwise my coffee would stink of bleach or sulfur. I also have an unnatural addiction to LaCroix.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #33
Syndrome
Who's super now?

We just usually grab some bottled water every morning from the club lounge .
When we run out we just refill them in the water faucets in the parks.........

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, BC, BW, FW, GF, HHI,
Poly, POR, WL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #34
jmkjml39
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your replies, I have my answer!

Without a doubt, I will be adding bottled water to our budget!

Thanks again!

jmkjml39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #35
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

We have been taking the Brita water bottles to the parks for many years. They work perfectly, like others have said, because each bottle has it's own filter. At one point Brita discontunued the individual bottles and we had to buy from an online source for a few years. I was so happy to see Brita selling these water bottles again. I buy mine at Target. Nice price, no shipping charges. The large bottles that I have seen come in royal blue, aqua, and purple.

These individual Brita water bottles are so much more cost friendly (and ecologically friendly!) than buying bottles of water.

http://www.target.com/p/brita-bottle...i_sku=13277535

If link doesn't work, g o o gle Brita water bottles Target.
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #36
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

I've been using Brita water bottles too, since they first came on the market. They are fantastic. For those who don't want to carry the large bottles, they just came out with a kids size that is about 1/2 the size.
MouseyMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

The first time I had a fountain drink was at Crystal Palace and I thought it was terrible. I got my hubby to take a sip i couldn't figure out why it was like that. I didn't know if it was the ice or the water which mixes the drink. The water stinks Eating at Garden Grill overlooking the ride all I could smell was the water.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

I buy a bottle of water/soda at airport and keep it with me for my trip every am before leaving for the parks I fill it at the beverage station ~look for the water button on the soda machine
and also since I get the dining plan I get a bottle of juice water or soda to keep with me as well then im all set for liquids at the park without filling up at fountains.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #39
CuriousRapunzel
Earning My Ears

So is asking for water at a QS place acceptable? Will they charge me?
CuriousRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #40
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousRapunzel View Post
So is asking for water at a QS place acceptable? Will they charge me?
Absolutely. And no they will not charge you.

We just ordered 2 of these for our trip.

http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Fresh-Wate...v+fit+and+pure

We have used them before and LOVE them. We tried the Brita ones and they leaked and didn't keep the water cold like these do.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #41
tinkerbellmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseyMin View Post
I've been using Brita water bottles too, since they first came on the market. They are fantastic. For those who don't want to carry the large bottles, they just came out with a kids size that is about 1/2 the size.
I saw those and thought they were so neat, so I bought one of these smaller kids size Brita bottles for our last trip, along with the larger Brita bottle we have been using for quite some time. The problem I had with the kids size bottle is that the filter is set so low inside the bottle that you'll be sucking air as soon as the water reaches the half-full mark. This meant re-filling it constantly. It was kind of a pain, so we stopped using it after the first day. We just stuck to the big bottles which I love. I suppose the kid size Brita would work better for very small children who don't drink as quickly as older children, because for the older child in our party, it didn't work so nicely.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #42
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
I saw those and thought they were so neat, so I bought one of these smaller kids size Brita bottles for our last trip, along with the larger Brita bottle we have been using for quite some time. The problem I had with the kids size bottle is that the filter is set so low inside the bottle that you'll be sucking air as soon as the water reaches the half-full mark. This meant re-filling it constantly. It was kind of a pain, so we stopped using it after the first day. We just stuck to the big bottles which I love. I suppose the kid size Brita would work better for very small children who don't drink as quickly as older children, because for the older child in our party, it didn't work so nicely.
Good to know - I guess I'll stick to the large bottles. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #43
tinkerbellmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseyMin View Post
Good to know - I guess I'll stick to the large bottles. Thanks for the heads up!
Hi, I'm the one above who stated that the smaller Brita bottles didn't work as well as the larger ones because the filter is set so low that you would be sucking air at the half way mark. I was wrong and I want to correct myself.

Today when I checked it out, Brita makes those filters so that the water should still be coming through it (thus be drinkable) even when the water is very low in the bottle. I'm thinking now that the reason we had to fill it so often is that the filter takes up a little more room in the smaller bottle than the bigger bottle leaving a little less room for water and because it's just a smaller bottle. The other thing I would say is that the smaller bottle is a little harder to squeeze than the bigger bottle due to the design, but it still works fine.

Now that I tested the smaller Brita bottle out again today, I would say that I was wrong about sucking air when the smaller bottle is half way full. I think that the smaller bottles are still a really good bet for kids maybe age 5 and under, but that an older child might need to refill it more often which might be a little annoying. So I was wrong about the filter causing a problem in the small bottle and wanted to correct myself. Sorry for the confusion. I still love the Brita bottles and I hope they don't discontinue them again any time soon. Wow, I almost feel like hoarding them!

I use my two larger bottles every day around the house. They are great to set near the treadmill too. I also keep one by the bed at night so I can drink when I get thirsty without having to get up out of bed and without worrying about a glass of water spilling all over the sheets, lol.

If you see the smaller bottles in Target or where ever you shop, you can check them out yourselves. If I was going to the parks with kids that are too old for sippy cups, I think the smaller Brita bottles are a nice idea.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #44
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

I've been using the Brita bottles since they first were sold the first time. I don't remember exactly what year that was. A few years later, I read that they had a patent problem and were forced to stop selling them. I quickly bought quite a few filters before they disappeared from the shelves, and was able to keep them going all this time by using them only on vacations.

I was just about to buy another brand when I suddenly saw them being sold again. There are also a number of copy-cats on the market now, but I'll stick with the Britas since I know they can get rid of the Florida water taste.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #45
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom
The water at the resorts tastes fine to me, but the water from the park water fountains tastes like it came from Seven Seas Lagoon. I thought the water in the Universal Parks was fine, too. I also hate to buy water bottles.
Our first three recent stays were at Shades of Green which is very close to MK. The water in the sink and shower was really bad in taste and it was softened or treated so much it was nearly impossible to get all the conditioner out of our hair. We took Prell conditioner after that and were fine. The water at AoA and Coronado Springs was only slightly off, and we didn't mind it.

Tags
faucets, free, reuseable, water

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: