DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #46
JCW
It's Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
I don't mind packing my own lotion. However, I should not have to pack my own toilet paper! I don't remember it being bad at WDW in the past. However, the stuff they were passing off as t.p. at the Grand Californian last month was horrible!
We have brought our own TP to WDW for years. Can't stand the sand paper they supply. But if most guests are ok with what they supply, and that keeps our dues down, I am fine with bringing my own.

As for the lotions, never use them, or the shampoo or conditioner. Those I prefer to bring my own as well. I don't think their shampoos work all that well though DH will use them.

However, I am in the % that uses the body wash wherever it's offered, but will bring my own as well. My skin always feels dry and tight after using bar soap.

All this said, if DVC were to eliminate leaving any of them, but we could get what we needed on request, and it cut costs for us, I would be fine with that too.

JCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #47
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I can't remember the last time we bought a bar of soap. All three of us use shower gel when bathing. Liquid hand soap for hand washing.

Each bathing location will have a set of products. So in the master bathroom where the tub is separate from the shower, you'll have a set by the tub and a set by the shower. Two sets in a one bedroom with only one bath. In BLT and AKV-KV, where there is an extra bathroom, you get an extra set.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #48
KandiB47
It's kind of grossing me out to imagine eating stale keyboard crumbs
Tag toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Since I find most lotions, shampoos and conditioners to be inferior to what I prefer to use, I really would rather they not leave anything other than the soaps. Thankfully, Disney has great soap! As for lotion, shampoo and conditioner....I'll continue to bring my own, and I don't want my dues going to pay for those things that so many just throw away anyway.
I am also just a soap user. Honestly, I had not noticed the lack of lotion in the rooms. I have my own lotion in the Owner's Locker.
AS Sp, Feb 96 /Our Disney Wedding Apr 24, 2004 /ASM, GF, SoG Apr 04 /DCL Magic, Eastern Carribean, May 04 /POFQ, Dec 05 /HHI, Aug 06 /SSR, Oct 07 (DS's 1st trip) /BCV, Dec 08/ DCL Magic, Western Caribbean, Apr 09 (5 yr anniversary) /AKV, Sept 09 /THV, BWV, Nov 10/CB,Vero Beach Jan 11/ OKW, DCL Dream, Oct 11 /DL & DCL Wonder, Mexican Riveria, Apr 12/New Year's Eve at BCV, SoG, Jan 13/OKW, Nov 13/AKV, Oct 14 (10 yr anniversary)/DCL Fantasy, Eastern Carribean, Apr 15
KandiB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #49
marie1981
Mouseketeer

I was at BLT sunday and there was lotion.

Back at BWV, there is none. But, honestly, I do not use the lotion, so I do not really care.
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #50
jlap
Earning My Ears

Thank you, and BCV, still no lotion

I just returned from Orlando and was thrilled to see this discussion with all the excellent responses from our community. Still no lotion at BCV but now I'll try to see the cash/dvc distinction as cost savings rather than second class status. Well, I'll try.
jlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #51
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlap View Post
I just returned from Orlando and was thrilled to see this discussion with all the excellent responses from our community. Still no lotion at BCV but now I'll try to see the cash/dvc distinction as cost savings rather than second class status. Well, I'll try.
if you makes you feel any better, we feel the same way
we use lotion, but never shower gel (it just doesn't seem as cleansing as soap... then again no one in my family can understand taking baths either ).

we keep a bottle of B&BW lotion in our owner's locker, along with paul mitchell/matrix shampoos/conditioners
Old 04-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #52
Ksp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I'd bet that the % of people using body wash is far higher (like 10-20 times or more) than those using the lotion during the visit.
I have to say that we always use the body wash. DD and I like it

Last 2 trips I did notice that we sporadically received a type of lotion ... I think it was a sun-relief type of product. Sorry, I don't remember what it was called. I've seen it and BLT and also at Kidani.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #53
Happy99
DIS Veteran

we stayed at OKW 2 bedroom villa in July 2013, cash stay, before we became DVC members and no lotion was in the room when we arrived or any day that the room was made up

I was also disappointed that they changed the products. I liked the blue bottle H20 products but wasn't crazy about the ones they use now. We have to start packing our own shampoo /cond / lotion again. The older I am getting the more my skin feels dry and I need hand lotion
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #54
Ksp
DIS Veteran

You know, I am not sure how I feel about the switch in the H2O products. The blue shampoo/shower gel combo worked well. We had a different type of shampoo products last visit - I don't think we liked the soap as well, and the shampoo container seems to hold less than the previous blue H20 bottles.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
. . . . We had a different type of shampoo products last visit - I don't think we liked the soap as well, and the shampoo container seems to hold less than the previous blue H20 bottles.
I agree that the new soap didn't lather as well and the shampoo didn't last as long. It was a struggle to get it to last to T&T day. And the two of us were only taking one shower each a day.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #56
sskem96
DIS Veteran

We don't use any of the products they supply. I pack bottles about 1/4 full and just toss them when we check out. I can't live without my Dial bodywash and Bath and Body Works foamy antibac hand soap. Bar soap grosses me out! No offense to anyone who prefers it, I think it's just because I have a dirty job and when I come home I want to scrub the germs off and rinse them down the drain, not save them on my shower shelf for tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #57
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
No offense to anyone who prefers it, I think it's just because I have a dirty job and when I come home I want to scrub the germs off and rinse them down the drain, not save them on my shower shelf for tomorrow!
There is a solution - wash the bar of soap off before you put it back! Now the dirt left on the body wash bottle or pump - better get a scrub out for that.

My reconnaissance from last week - stays at a Hampton Inn and a Hyatt Regency. Lotion both times and no body wash.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #58
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

SO glad you brought this up! I have wondered this as well - give us some lotion DVC!
We stayed at the VGC at Disneyland a few years ago and they had the best bath products - h20 brand but it was the Sea Marine line

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
BigEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #59
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I agree. We just got back from a week stay at AKL and NO lotion. Come on guys, sometimes it's the little things that make me happy. Honestly, a 3oz bottle of lotion in my room isn't going to break Disney. My husband and I noticed alot of "cutting back" or "skimping" on Disney's part this last trip. Snack options downsized, menu limitations, and more cast member chatting with each other rather than with guests and especially kids. We were travelling with our 17yo son so we weren't personally affected by the later but we noticed it with the kids around us......this last Disney trip just wasn't the same.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #60
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEeyore
SO glad you brought this up! I have wondered this as well - give us some lotion DVC!
We stayed at the VGC at Disneyland a few years ago and they had the best bath products - h20 brand but it was the Sea Marine line
I miss that lotion too! I could do without the body wash and get the lotion in its place :-).
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: