DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #31
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
Just returned from BWV. There was body lotion when we checked in, but it was not replenished on our trash and towel day. Only received the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.
The room was probably occupied by a cash guest before you.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #32
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Checked into BLT yesterday. Body lotion in both bathrooms of our 1 bedroom. Maybe your voice was heard, OP!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Speaking of only getting them every 4 days. D they really think one tiny little bottle smaller than a travel size will work for a family for 4 days. They know how many people are checking in.....why only one???
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #34
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annielkd22222 View Post
Speaking of only getting them every 4 days. D they really think one tiny little bottle smaller than a travel size will work for a family for 4 days. They know how many people are checking in.....why only one???
It depends on the room size. You get one of everything in a studio, two of everything in most 1BRs, three of everything in the 1BRs with the extra bathroom.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
It depends on the room size. You get one of everything in a studio, two of everything in most 1BRs, three of everything in the 1BRs with the extra bathroom.
I always stay at a one bedroom....and only get one of each....other than soap.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #36
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Checked into BLT yesterday. Body lotion in both bathrooms of our 1 bedroom. Maybe your voice was heard, OP!
I hope it's there when I check in Sunday!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #37
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I always stay at a one bedroom....and only get one of each....other than soap.
Where do you stay? In all of our stays, there was only one where we only got one set of bath products. Normally you get a set of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel for the shower and another set for use in the whirlpool tub.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #38
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Where do you stay? In all of our stays, there was only one where we only got one set of bath products. Normally you get a set of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel for the shower and another set for use in the whirlpool tub.
I don't every recall having 2 sets day 1 for a studio or 1 BR or 3 for a 2 BR.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #39
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

I enjoy having all the toiletries as well. I'm all for simplied packing over product princess. I use the shampoo, conditioner, soap and facial soap (and lotion when it's available). I used to pack cetaphil for my face but then realized their mild facial soap is fine for a few days.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #40
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Find the supplies for a studio are adequate for 2 people - not more. I do carry 'samples' with me in case we run out as our FL based DD does join us on the weekends, altho she usually brings her own products.

I think the lotion has been a new addition (re-addition) - I remember being surprised it was there for our March stay.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #41
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Personally, I rarely use any of the products from Disney, other than the bar soap.

I go to Dollar Tree and buy a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner, pack them in my checked luggage, and if I don't have room to pack them up for the trip home, I'm only out a couple of bucks. The same could be done with hand lotion.

I hate trying to fit a big carry-on into an overhead bin, so I check the luggage and my only carry-on is my laptop. For those that do want to use only carry-ons, isn't lotion available in the resort store?

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 04-13-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typo
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #42
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
No but they are giving you something to start off with. I have never been to a timeshare that leaves enough bath supplies for a whole week (I have only been to others that are week long) but instead give you the same sample size bottle to start with.You are expected to bring your own or buy more there. It saves a lot of money in fees.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #43
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I don't every recall having 2 sets day 1 for a studio or 1 BR or 3 for a 2 BR.
Studios do not get two sets. As I stated above, with one exception we have had one set for a studio, two sets for 1BRs with one bathroom, three sets for 1BRs with two bathrooms.

In the 1BR there has been one set of products on the large vanity next to the whirlpool tub and another set in the shower. When we stayed in Kidani there was another complete set in the second bathroom of the 1BR villa.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #44
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

We don't use any of the toiletries now that I think about it. My oldest daughter bags them up and likes to bring them home. I do remember seeing little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel under our sink but no lotion.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #45
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
I've always suspected the "lotion comes lotion goes" is a training issue - for some reason the cash side gets it, the DVC doesn't and if the mousekeeper is new or forgets, you get lotion.

Why? I'd expect the answer is cost and the lotion is probably the most expensive product they set out. Since a hotel bottle really isn't sufficient to even finish my legs, and at Disney I'm lathered down with sunscreen, which counts as lotion from a moisture perspective I've never really worried about it (but in a hotel it often does end up in my purse as purse hand lotion).

We use the shampoo/conditioner and find the quantities sufficient, but are not a shampoo every day family (I'm about every three days).
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: