Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #1426
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy View Post
Dover is about 80 miles from Central London, and the same from the nearest main hub airport of Gatwick, it's a 100 miles from our main London airport Heathrow.

DCL did as you see put on coaches and many people preferred these for connivence, they however were very expensive.

Hi
This is very informative - thank you!
Thank you

Before you accept any response or answer 'verify' information, -when did someone "actually do it"

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #1427
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
DCL likes to keep it a secret with an embargo until release day but it seems, as DCL has confirmed there bookings a few ports have put it up, and then when DCL is aware they have gone down again or changed to a spoof name.
I was searching the ports in Norway last night. I can definitely find the magic's specs on the geiranger port page, but no where else in Norway. None of the ships were named where I was looking. There were some bookings at Bergen with nothing listed other than arrival and departure times, but the dates did not line up with the copenhagen dates we know.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #1428
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
I was searching the ports in Norway last night. I can definitely find the magic's specs on the Geiranger port page, but no where else in Norway. None of the ships were named where I was looking. There were some bookings at Bergen with nothing listed other than arrival and departure times, but the dates did not line up with the Copenhagen dates we know.
I think they have been hidden or taken down pending an announcement.

Before you accept any response or answer 'verify' information, -when did someone "actually do it"

Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #1429
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
I think they have been hidden or taken down pending an announcement.
Yes, just seems strange they left geiranger up. But maybe it's a teaser.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #1430
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Yes, just seems strange they left Geiranger up. But maybe it's a teaser.
Some ports refuse to take them back down, there is a limit to DCL power and maybe that port thinks its booked and also they wont be back for five years.

To be honest, now there are more leaks than an old water can and DCL knows we all know, so pulling them down isn't going to fool anyone now.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #1431
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Hey

So we have a rough idea where the magic is going next year and a lot of people seem to be very excited

However if travelling from Dover and into uk is the bay a biscuit not very very rough ?

Also the places it goes eg Iceland, mybe Ireland, ferrio Islands etc, would people not rather go to places that are more warner

I am doing the magic this year and was going to next year but don't want the same places and the only other one I can do around Europe is the one from Copenhagen which seems to be going to colder places. Why is people so excited about the places it's going to

I am now more leaning towards ncl epic that's going around the canaries and Morocco wish disney would do one like that

Don't get me wrong if that's the cruise you fancy I hope you enjoy it but people's views I would like to hear
Garyjames220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #1432
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyjames220 View Post
Hey

So we have a rough idea where the magic is going next year and a lot of people seem to be very excited

However if travelling from Dover and into uk is the bay a biscuit not very very rough ?

Also the places it goes eg Iceland, mybe Ireland, ferrio Islands etc, would people not rather go to places that are more warner

I am doing the magic this year and was going to next year but don't want the same places and the only other one I can do around Europe is the one from Copenhagen which seems to be going to colder places. Why is people so excited about the places it's going to

I am now more leaning towards ncl epic that's going around the canaries and Morocco wish disney would do one like that

Don't get me wrong if that's the cruise you fancy I hope you enjoy it but people's views I would like to hear
I LIKE getting out of the summer heat at home, and enjoy going to cooler places like northern Europe and Alaska. I would personally avoid the southern Med in the summer, as it's too hot for me.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #1433
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I LIKE getting out of the summer heat at home, and enjoy going to cooler places like northern Europe and Alaska. I would personally avoid the southern Med in the summer, as it's too hot for me.
Very nice hope u enjoy it

Is the sea rough at the bay of biscuit. Everyone tells me it is lol
Old 03-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #1434
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very nice hope u enjoy it

Is the sea rough at the bay of biscuit. Everyone tells me it is lol
The Bay of Biscay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Biscay)? I don't think I have sailed through there. The North Sea can be rough.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #1435
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Does any of the cruises around Norway avoid that rough part or from what we know are they are going at that part of the sea
Old 03-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #1436
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does any of the cruises around Norway avoid that rough part or from what we know are they are going at that part of the sea
The Atlantic can be rough when crossing, as can the North Sea, Baltic Sea, Med, etc. I don't worry ahead of time about sea conditions, but I do take motion sickness meds daily to prevent getting sea sick.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #1437
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Alright I think I rather avoid the bay of biscuit as my family have been quite ill on it before

From what we no so far does all the cruises from Copenhagen come into the UK or are some just around Norway Iceland etc ?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #1438
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Alright I think I rather avoid the bay of biscuit as my family have been quite ill on it before

From what we no so far does all the cruises from Copenhagen come into the UK or are some just around Norway Iceland etc ?
DCL doesn't appear to be sailing through the Bay of Biscay (between France and Spain). My guess is that Baltic and Norway cruises from Copenhagen probably won't sail to the UK at all. The cruises out of Dover are different.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #1439
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
DCL doesn't appear to be sailing through the Bay of Biscay (between France and Spain). My guess is that Baltic and Norway cruises from Copenhagen probably won't sail to the UK at all. The cruises out of Dover are different.
Alright so would I be right in saying the cruises from Copenhagen not going to the uk the sea is normally quite good

Thanks for your help by the way, it's just I had family that went from the uk and they were holding on to there drinks at the dinner table lol so want to avoid that lol

I fancy doing a disney cruise again next year but can't afford flights to far out and don't want to do the same cruise to Rome etc as am doing this year. So sounds like the Copenhagen one or nothing
Old 03-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #1440
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Does anyone think that tomorrow will be the big day??!!??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: