Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #826
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Looks like DCL had confirmed Norway long before Frozen's popularity. According to the calendar of one of the Norwegian ports, Geirangerford, DCL confirmed their docking back in September.
Two things:-

Yes they knew about North Sea cruises a long time back I have posted about them since August 2013. Going to the Baltic, same area so was a plan.

But,

Cruise lines make advance bookings all the time working out trips and these can and go get changed before they finally decide, so they have plan A B C and then cancel the ones they do not do.

Now I have been searching for the Magic in Europe for months nearly every night and got nothing. The interesting thing is them all coming up this week which implies they were recently firmed up.
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #827
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Two things:-

Yes they knew about North Sea cruises a long time back I have posted about them since August 2013. Going to the Baltic, same area so was a plan.

But,

Cruise lines make advance bookings all the time working out trips and these can and go get changed before they finally decide, so they have plan A B C and then cancel the ones they do not do.

Now I have been searching for the Magic in Europe for months nearly every night and got nothing. The interesting thing is them all coming up this week which implies they were recently firmed up.
Do you think there is no chance of hawaii? If there is do you think one way or return

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #828
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Do you think there is no chance of hawaii? If there is do you think one way or return
I think there could well be a Hawaii run post Alaska in September.

However port bookings can be cancelled and on that run have appeared before and have not materalized in anything.
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #829
sandiedvc
Mouseketeer

I found a sample itinerary of a 7 night Baltic from Copenhagen

Royal Caribbean (RCL) - RCL Legend of the Seas
7 Night Scandinavia And Russia Cruise
Destination Arrives Departs
Day 1 Copenhagen 5:00 PM
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Tallinn 10:00 AM 5:30 PM
Day 4 St. Petersburg 7:00 AM 11:00 PM
Day 5 Helsinki 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 6 Stockholm 7:30 AM 4:30 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Copenhagen 8:00 AM

Looks like only one day in St Petersburg.... Is that enough time?
Old 02-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #830
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiedvc View Post
I found a sample itinerary of a 7 night Baltic from Copenhagen

7 Night Scandinavia And Russia Cruise
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Tallinn 10:00 AM 5:30 PM
Day 4 St. Petersburg 7:00 AM 11:00 PM
Day 5 Helsinki 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 6 Stockholm 7:30 AM 4:30 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Copenhagen 8:00 AM

Looks like only one day in St Petersburg.... Is that enough time?

Yes it looks like the one I posted before in this thread.

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

In 2010 with DCL we had an official arrival time of 12 noon day one and left 6pm day two,

We had private tours booked for those days and crammed a lot in.

We actually got off about 11.30 our guide was there,

I would say you would be very limited on one day, it's worth it yes but it's either the Hermitage and city sightseeing, or the palaces. Can't do both on a DCL Tour

On an intensive private tour,

If You only have 1 day in St Petersburg, it is still possible to see the highlights of this magnificent city. This is a very intensive program covering all the major attractions of St Petersburg in just 1 day. Not a single minute of Your valuable time is wasted, everything is designed to help You enjoy all the marvels of the city. Get the unforgettable experience in:

One of the largest and most gorgeous museums in the world - the Hermitage
the jewel of St Petersburg suburbs – the luxurious Catherine’s Palace and the legendary Amber Room
The brilliance of Peterhoff – “Russian Versailles”
Saviour on the Spilt Blood and many others.

MODERATE TOUR – THE CRÈME OF THE CROP

You understand quite well that it is impossible to see everything in just one day. This tour is designed specially for You – it is the combination of the very best sites and attractions of St Peterburg! You see the most important things, such as:

One of the largest and most gorgeous museums in the world - the Hermitage
The brilliance of Peterhoff – “Russian Versailles”
Saviour on the Spilt Blood and monumental St Isaac’s Cathedral
many others.

Last edited by DISNEY FANTASY; 02-27-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #831
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Am I reading the speculations correctly that there won't be a Venice/Greece/Turkey itinerary in 2015?
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #832
sandiedvc
Mouseketeer

Here is a 7 day trip from Copenhagen to Norway.....

7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Flam 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Day 4 Geiranger 12:30 PM 9:00 PM
Day 5 Alesund 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 6 Bergen 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Copenhagen 7:00 AM

So if the Magic is to be in Geiranger on 6/10, then I think they would be leaving Copenhagen on Sunday, June 7 with another departure to Norway on June 21.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #833
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
Am I reading the speculations correctly that there won't be a Venice/Greece/Turkey itinerary in 2015?
That would appear to be the case.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #834
PlaneJoy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
That would really stink if that's the case. We would definitely be looking at another cruise line for the med. if I couldn't convince my DD to do a western carib. instead. I know A LOT of people want the Baltics but honestly we aren't interested in that itinerary at this time.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #835
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

That could change things for us. Does anyone have a rough itinerary of the Baltics cruise that was in 2010? Sorry if it's already been mentioned in this thread.
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #836
DISNEY FANTASY

PS

If anyone is interested in the making of Frozen.

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/links...g-frozen-video

Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #837
sandiedvc
Mouseketeer

Disney Fantasy-- Thanks for the insights into St Petersburg. One of those intensive tours might be just what we would like.

Now, I need to start talking DH into it. Luckily, the first 7 day Baltic may fall right over a BIG milestone birthday for him...
Old 02-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #838
tajz90
Mama D

One day in St Petersburg would be sad. It's such a magnificent place. I really hope DCL offers longer cruises for the Baltics. Looking forward to hearing the release since our last cruise. Hoping it materializes.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #839
EmilieK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Really? Why is that? I have a friend planning a land trip to Norway. I'll have to pass that along to her.

Jodie
Couse in my oppinion the weather is always quite good, july tends to be a lot more rainy. (But this is just based on memories of my own summers and might always be wrong)
The daylight hours are really long at this point and in norway we still have spring in early june. So in the Gerianger fjord the apple trees will be blossoming.
That is a major fruit tree growing area.
Oh, and the norwegian school holdiday starts in the end of june so theres that.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #840
wdwwishes
DIS Veteran

This is all such exciting news. Seeing that so much info is out and about, true or not, let's hope DCL will release soon!!!
A.K.L. 2008, 2011
Poly 2009
Wilderness Lodge 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
The Wonder 2007, 2009, 2011
The Fantasy 2013
The Dream 2014
The Magic 2015
wdwwishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: