Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #811
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We loved Tivoli Gardens. Had a blast riding the rides. Although we went on our own and not with the Disney excursion. We saw a lot of DCL cruisers.
Yes easy to get there but. DCL could get you in early to best the crowds.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #812
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
So I hope this does not mean that they will also NY. That would mean no ship out west. Sorry east coast people but the west has gotta have a ship at some point in the year!
Wonder is going to Alaska.

I think speculation on East coast USA was incorrect.

Whilst it is unlikely the only " surprise" could be Dream moving off station as it's no longer tied to PC from 2015, but as Fantasy is clearly doing Eastern Caribbean cruises then that's very unlikely.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #813
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post

Yes easy to get there but. DCL could get you in early to best the crowds.
Yes, early was nice, but the crowds weren't bad anyway. We saved more going on our own. Def will go back if DCL sails the Baltic.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #814
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Quote:
We loved Tivoli Gardens. Had a blast riding the rides. Although we went on our own and not with the Disney excursion. We saw a lot of DCL cruisers.
We did the Tivoli tour. It was neat because they opened up for us about an hour early where we had the park to ourselves.

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #815
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Yes, early was nice, but the crowds weren't bad anyway. We saved more going on our own. Def will go back if DCL sails the Baltic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
We did the Tivoli tour. It was neat because they opened up for us about an hour early where we had the park to ourselves.
Yes agree, an old fashioned MK seems where Walt got the idea.
* Disney Magic -
Old 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #816
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessmouse View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if the transatlantic went up north with visit to Iceland and British Isles to Copenhagen?

Plus there probably will be a repo from north (copenhagen?) to barcelona.
Dh really wants to do some or Europe (at least London and Sweden and I want to do Coopenahgen). We were going to do 2016, but if there is an eastbound transatlantic to either Dover or Copenhagen, we could move it a year. I've been dying to do a transatlantic cruise since pretty much forever. This could be PERFECT! Ironically, we did not book a dummy cruise during our January sailing, as we thought there is no way we'll sail within 18 months...

Of course if they do the transatlantic like that AND a one way to/from Hawaii, we'll have to choose between....

ETA - IF there is a Frozen themed cruise, I don't know how I could NOT take DD, who is obsessed!
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #817
EmilieK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Odd though that there are only 2 dates listed in Norway, and they are both in June. It makes sense that they would alternate Norway and the Baltics (like in your maps), giving people the opportunity to do B2B. But then what happens in July??? The Med is hot as hades in August - seems like they would do Med in June and then up to cooler locations in July/Aug. Oh well - who knows. Guess we'll see soon enough.

We're planning Alaska anyway. Still fun to guess and speculate.

Jodie
Actually, I would arguably say that norway is at it's finest in june. I allways highly recomend it as the best time to travel here.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #818
RhiannonCarter
Earning My Ears

patiently waiting for all 2015 dates

Caribbean Resort - Dec 2013
Animal Kingdom - Aug 2008
Disney Dream - Sept 2013
Disney on Ice - April 2012
Epcot - April 2009
Epcot Food and Wine Festival - Oct 2013
Hollywood Studios - April 2009
Magic Kingdom - April 2009, Nov 2013
Swan Hotel - Oct 2013
Very Merry Christmas Party - Dec 2013
RhiannonCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #819
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilieK View Post
Actually, I would arguably say that norway is at it's finest in june. I allways highly recomend it as the best time to travel here.
Agree they have planned it well, Commodore Tom of DCL knows when to sail in those waters at the best time, Fjords first then Baltic.
* Disney Magic -
Old 02-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #820
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilieK View Post
Really? Why is that? I have a friend planning a land trip to Norway. I'll have to pass that along to her.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #821
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Really? Why is that? I have a friend planning a land trip to Norway. I'll have to pass that along to her.

Jodie
The longest daylight hours for one.
* Disney Magic -
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #822
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
Amazing what ports will tell you if you just ask.....Disney Magic is currently booked into The Port of Dover for the 10th July, 22nd July and the 3rd August....over to Andrew to work out the rest lol looks like at least two twelve night Baltic cruises and then probably onto Barcelona on the 3rd at a guess.
Port of Jamaica's page has been down for weeks .
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #824
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

So when are they releasing the dates?!?! Argh!!

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #825
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Looks like DCL had confirmed Norway long before Frozen's popularity. According to the calendar of one of the Norwegian ports, Geirangerford, DCL confirmed their docking back in September.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: