Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #796
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
Agreed. RCCL seems to have similar itineraries. Now we just need someone from Denmark or Russia to flush out the Copenhagen/St Petersburg schedules. wishful thinking.

Sounds like DCL is getting very creative in the Baltic and there will be a lots of good options. I'm a little surprised the Med options are looking potentially sparse. No biggie for us as we'll be ready for a change after this summer.
Against 2013 and 2014 summer Med cruises are far more interesting than the boring old seven night ones, but they have regular contractual agreements with these and the shore trip providers so will always have them, like the East and West Caribbean.

Back in 2010 in the Baltic I was told they would be back and I was asked for my thoughts on their port advent ours for future cruises.

Commodore Tom will be the one who has driven this with DCL I bet it's his dream to sail the fjords.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #797
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
The seven day Med cruises are too short. Too bad.
I agree. We'll go with another line rather than do a 7-night with DCL. Makes me sad, but we don't want to wait to see what DCL offers in 2016.

Quote:
...Sounds like DCL is getting very creative in the Baltic and there will be a lots of good options. I'm a little surprised the Med options are looking potentially sparse. No biggie for us as we'll be ready for a change after this summer.
Yes, the Med options are looking very sparse indeed! Possibly a couple of short ones in late May/early June, and then a few 7-nights in August. I know there are lots of people who've already done the Med and are looking for something different, but I really wish DCL would offer just one or two longer Med cruises!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #798
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Agreed. RCCL seems to have similar itineraries. Now we just need someone from Denmark or Russia to flush out the Copenhagen/St Petersburg schedules. wishful thinking.

Sounds like DCL is getting very creative in the Baltic and there will be a lots of good options. I'm a little surprised the Med options are looking potentially sparse. No biggie for us as we'll be ready for a change after this summer.
Agreed! My wife was just saying last night that she is ready to move out of the Med cruises. We have been hoping for a big change with something exciting.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #799
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

We did the 2010 Baltic as well. The Catherine's Palace Ball was by far the best port adventure that I've been on and IMO the best that's ever been offered on any of their European cruises. Pure Disney Magic.

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #800
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
I agree. We'll go with another line rather than do a 7-night with DCL. Makes me sad, but we don't want to wait to see what DCL offers in 2016.

Yes, the Med options are looking very sparse indeed! Possibly a couple of short ones in late May/early June, and then a few 7-nights in August. I know there are lots of people who've already done the Med and are looking for something different, but I really wish DCL would offer just one or two longer Med cruises!
Agree but they can't do everything, I think the 2015 Baltic and Norway give new options, there is still time to book some longer Med cruises this summer and they will be back in the Med in 2016.

I read somewhere speculation on Istanbul for 2015 that seems very very wrong now. Maybe 2016?
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #801
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Price guess???

Anyone have any idea how the Norway or Baltic price will compare to a 7-night Med or Alaskan? I'd really like to know if it's even going to be an option in 2015. And if it is, I need to get those United cards opened now to try and get enough frequent flyer miles to cover the airfare!

I'm unbelievably excited about the idea of spending my birthday in the Norwegian fjords!!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #802
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
Anyone have any idea how the Norway or Baltic price will compare to a 7-night Med or Alaskan? I'd really like to know if it's even going to be an option in 2015. And if it is, I need to get those United cards opened now to try and get enough frequent flyer miles to cover the airfare!

I'm unbelievably excited about the idea of spending my birthday in the Norwegian fjords!!
Well one word "expensive."

If you look at the top of the board for 2014 prices for the Magic for 7 and 12 nights that will give you an idea per cat and per make up of your party.
* Disney Magic -
Old 02-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #803
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
We have done the Baltics once before (not on DCL) and it was fantastic.
Would you mind telling me whom you sailed on...? I am psyched after looking at these ports, but am fairly certain we are going to have sticker shock.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #804
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Well one word "expensive."

If you look at the top of the board for 2014 prices for the Magic for 7 and 12 nights that will give you an idea per cat and per make up of your party.
I guess that is my question - will a 7-night Norway be about what a 7-night Med is (or was on opening day) or will it be crazy-more? I had a Med booked on opening day for summer 2014 and it was under $5K for 2 adults, 1 child in a 7A room. We decided to cancel it and do the Southern instead.
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #805
Vidia2
DIS Veteran

So what are the excursions on Norway and Baltic cruises that children would be excited about?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #806
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

So I hope this does not mean that they will also NY. That would mean no ship out west. Sorry east coast people but the west has gotta have a ship at some point in the year!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #807
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Starting to think about an Alaska nine day to Sitka. Even though we have done Alaska before none of this is very interesting to me. I was really excited about the prospect of Instanbul. Maybe if their are back to back options in the Med. Otherwise maybe we will try Holland America or Celebrity.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #808
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidia2 View Post
So what are the excursions on Norway and Baltic cruises that children would be excited about?
Baltic there were so many they had a Princess meet in St Petersburg at St Catherine's palace, which was great, Norway Oslo, Viking museum, the palaces are fantastic, the views great, Copenhagen is a walking town but there is a theme park that the magic kingdom is based on, DCL got early entry.

Note for St Petersburg you can't just get off and go DIY you have to go on a DCL tour, or an official tour operator who gets you a tourist visa.
* Disney Magic -
Old 02-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #809
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post

Baltic there were so many they had a Princess meet in St Petersburg at St Catherine's palace, which was great, Norway Oslo, Viking museum, the palaces are fantastic, the views great, Copenhagen is a walking town but there is a theme park that the magic kingdom is based on, DCL got early entry.
We loved Tivoli Gardens. Had a blast riding the rides. Although we went on our own and not with the Disney excursion. We saw a lot of DCL cruisers.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #810
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
Starting to think about an Alaska nine day to Sitka. Even though we have done Alaska before none of this is very interesting to me. I was really excited about the prospect of Instanbul. Maybe if their are back to back options in the Med. Otherwise maybe we will try Holland America or Celebrity.
Alaska is great I enjoyed it well worth it, they should be back there 2015 and 2016,

Istanbul was an incorrect rumour it seems elsewhere.
* Disney Magic -

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: