Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #211
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
That is costly!!

Have you sailed Seaborne? I was thinking about sailing with them, but maybe if I start now, I'll have the money saved for 2017 with Lindblad.
I haven't sailed with Seabourn, but I'm sure they charge much more than I'm willing to pay. Heck - DCL usually charges more than I'm willing to pay!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #212
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The back story is: this year we went around the northern hemisphere to 8 countries as a family which included the 2 Disney's in Asia. Odd years, we travel as a family. Here is the link to give you an idea. https://plus.google.com/photos/10324...43785172559521 Even years, my kids get individual trips with mom. So, 2014 they each picked a cruise. We always go away for Thanksgiving, so I booked the Dream 2014 Thanksgiving as a family. April on the Wonder with 1 child, Magic in Southern in Oct with DS, Fantasy for Halloween with the youngest. My kids are asking to go to all of the Disney's around the world, again. So I explained that I would only do that if I have roundtrip miles. I need 65k per person for United. However, United give 8 miles per dollar on cruises (up to 30k per cruise) for booking cruises through them. I don't think I will have enough miles to go around the world 2015; all of the kids want to go back to Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney as well as Shanghai Disney when it opens. If I can get the miles for 2016, we will do an around the world Disney trip. We have done DLP in the past and my kids love each Disney for it's uniqueness. Since United gives one free stop over, we will fly into Thailand, spend some time in Asia, finish in Tokyo and take the flight schedule via Germany, and take the free stop over there. It's inexpensive to get to Germany to Paris, so we'll take two weeks for the free stop before coming home. So, I put it to a vote. We can do back to back family trips 2015, 2016 or we can do back to back individual trips (2014, 2015) and 2016 go as a family. The back to back individual trips were unanimous. One child wants to do Panama Canal, one wants to do Alaska, one wants to go to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. I would like to do the Baltic Northern Europe, if it comes out. Sorry, it's harder to explain on the internet, but that is why i am anxious about the 2015 schedule. I need to book the flights from USA to Asia by July/Aug if we plan to go April/May. Easter is March 27, 2016 so we should be in Europe mid to late May when all of the kids are in school. Kids should be in school in China, Hong Kong, and Tokyo kids should be in school by late April/early May. I'm trying to avoid the crowds as well.
Um wow. And I though my kid was lucky! You are an AWESOME momma! What fun memories they are going to have!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #213
Cdarling
Earning My Ears

We did our first Dis cruise last May and want to do another in 2015 but want to start planning. Where will I see the new schedule? Do I just keep looking here? Specially, we want to do one of the repositioning so I would have thought they would know that already. Thanks for the help
Cdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #214
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Really hoping for the Baltic again in 2015. With the Frozen ABD, it would be an awesome time for DCL to return. I doubt we'll hear this early on the summer itineraries, though it would be great to know this far in advance like with some other lines.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #215
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarling View Post
We did our first Dis cruise last May and want to do another in 2015 but want to start planning. Where will I see the new schedule? Do I just keep looking here? Specially, we want to do one of the repositioning so I would have thought they would know that already. Thanks for the help
I would keep checking here Last year the dates came out just before I left for my Valentine's Day cruise. So mid Feb for 2014 itineraries. However, I found out the dates and schedule here, Tuesday I think, and Thursday I was able to book. So I knew going onto the cruise which ones I wanted exactly.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #216
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Um wow. And I though my kid was lucky! You are an AWESOME momma! What fun memories they are going to have!!!
Awe thanks

Old 11-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #217
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
So when not on Disney, what cruise line do you recommend? I am not a drinker, smoker, partier, or gambler. In other words, I'm no fun at all. My goal is to get to Antarctica in the next 4 years. I guess that means 2017 Which cruise line would you recommend?
Oooh, Antarctica is on my bucket list too! There are great recommendations over on Cruise Critic.

Jill in CO
Old 11-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #218
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would keep checking here Last year the dates came out just before I left for my Valentine's Day cruise. So mid Feb for 2014 itineraries. However, I found out the dates and schedule here, Tuesday I think, and Thursday I was able to book. So I knew going onto the cruise which ones I wanted exactly.
It was DURING our Valentine's day cruise (5n Wonder) I booked on board on opening day. Interestingly I tried to book the day before (Gold/Platinum) but they would not do it, even though on other cruised they've done this for other non gold/platinum guests.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #219
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
It was DURING our Valentine's day cruise (5n Wonder) I booked on board on opening day. Interestingly I tried to book the day before (Gold/Platinum) but they would not do it, even though on other cruised they've done this for other non gold/platinum guests.
I was on the Dream, so I think it was the first night. That is crazy about the gold/platinum status and not letting you book.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #220
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Oooh, Antarctica is on my bucket list too! There are great recommendations over on Cruise Critic.

Jill in CO
You will probably get there before me; let me know what you have booked and if you liked it. My brother went on a cargo ship. I'll wait and go on a nice ship before I sleep outside on a ship just to say I've been.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #221
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
You will probably get there before me; let me know what you have booked and if you liked it. My brother went on a cargo ship. I'll wait and go on a nice ship before I sleep outside on a ship just to say I've been.
I will! It will be a few years for me too. I like comfort too!

Jill in CO
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #222
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was on the Dream, so I think it was the first night. That is crazy about the gold/platinum status and not letting you book.
The poster was saying that she was trying to book on Gold/Platinum day even though she wasn't Gold/Platinum. Some onboard CMs will make an exception and let Silvers book on Gold/Platinum day if they are sailing when it happens, but it's not DCL policy.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #223
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
The poster was saying that she was trying to book on Gold/Platinum day even though she wasn't Gold/Platinum. Some onboard CMs will make an exception and let Silvers book on Gold/Platinum day if they are sailing when it happens, but it's not DCL policy.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Ah, I misread it the first time. Thanks, that makes a little more sense

Old 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #224
hgon76
DIS Veteran

FWIW, I called DCL to pay off my upcoming cruise & the CM said she expects the 2015 dates to come out in Nov. She told me to try looking Friday this week & if not up yet, look again on Monday. What she bases this on I have no idea. But, I'll give it a shot. ;-)

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #225
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgon76 View Post
FWIW, I called DCL to pay off my upcoming cruise & the CM said she expects the 2015 dates to come out in Nov. She told me to try looking Friday this week & if not up yet, look again on Monday. What she bases this on I have no idea. But, I'll give it a shot. ;-)
Did she specify which ships?
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: